• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Season 4 Interest Thread: Screw RROD we wont fail

Smokey

Let's go Let's go! These still need to be played:

Boston @ Chicago
Golden State @ Utah
LA Lakers @ Houston

We're more than 1/2 way through the season and we've been doing pretty good, but the past few games it appears as if more and more aren't getting played before deadline. It can't be too hard to get in contact with your opponent and meet up especially in a 3 - 3.5 day window.

Games typically take less than a hour to play. Let's keep it moving I'd like to finish a GAF league and not sim through it.

GCQuinton

Smokey Bones said:
Let's go Let's go! These still need to be played:

Boston @ Chicago
Golden State @ Utah
LA Lakers @ Houston

We're more than 1/2 way through the season and we've been doing pretty good, but the past few games it appears as if more and more aren't getting played before deadline. It can't be too hard to get in contact with your opponent and meet up especially in a 3 - 3.5 day window.

Games typically take less than a hour to play. Let's keep it moving I'd like to finish a GAF league and not sim through it.

Sent pheeniks a PM yesterday afternoon and I'm waiting to hear back.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I have the flu,I cant play.Shawn will have to take the W.

If you are wondering why I'm getting sick so much,its because I'm on a medication that suppresses my immune system.I take the medication for my Ulcerative Colitis *chronic colon disease*,but in turn I come down with nasty bugs easier since it makes my immune system weaker.I go thru periods where my body just seems to get sick easier.

I honestly feel too bleh to play.

Matrix said:
I have the flu,I cant play.Shawn will have to take the W.

If you are wondering why I'm getting sick so much,its because I'm on a medication that suppresses my immune system.I take the medication for my Ulcerative Colitis *chronic colon disease*,but in turn I come down with nasty bugs easier since it makes my immune system weaker.I go thru periods where my body just seems to get sick easier.

I honestly feel too bleh to play.

Sorry to hear that bro. Take your time and get better!

Well that ends the Lakers vs. Rockets scenario, I'm ready to play again! It feels like forever...

Smokey

Here are the standings as of game 14:

1. LA Lakers
2. Orlando
3. Boston
4. Denver
5. New Orleans
6. Chicago
7. Houston
8. Golden State

9. Detroit
10. Utah

DCX

DCX
Some fun stats up until this point in the season.

Season Records Individual

Points in a game: 58 Kobe Bryant
Rebounds in a game: 17 Dwight Howard and Tyrus Thomas
Assists in a game: 21 Chris Paul
Steals in a game: 5 Jameer Nelson
Blocks in a game: 4 Dwight Howard and Dikembe Mutumbo
Shot attempts: 49 Kome Bryant
3pt shots made: 7 Peja Stojakovic
Free throws made: 8 Jameer Nelson

Season Records Team

Most Points: 128 New Orleans Hornets (ot)
Most points in a qrt: 33 Denver Nuggets
Most Rebounds: 49 Los Angeles Lakers
Most Blocks: 12 Los Angeles Lakers and the Houston Rockets
Most Steals: 16 Los Angeles Lakers
Most Assists: 40 New Orleans Hornets
Three Pointers Made: 15 New Orleans Hornets
Free Throws Made: 13 Denver Nuggets

I was bored.

DCX

Smokey

DCX said:
Some fun stats up until this point in the season.

Season Records Individual

Points in a game: 58 Kobe Bryant
Rebounds in a game: 17 Dwight Howard and Tyrus Thomas
Assists in a game: 21 Chris Paul
Steals in a game: 5 Jameer Nelson
Blocks in a game: 4 Dwight Howard and Dikembe Mutumbo
Shot attempts: 49 Kome Bryant
3pt shots made: 7 Peja Stojakovic
Free throws made: 8 Jameer Nelson

Season Records Team

Most Points: 128 New Orleans Hornets (ot)
Most points in a qrt: 33 Denver Nuggets
Most Rebounds: 49 Los Angeles Lakers
Most Blocks: 12 Los Angeles Lakers and the Houston Rockets
Most Steals: 16 Los Angeles Lakers
Most Assists: 40 New Orleans Hornets
Three Pointers Made: 15 New Orleans Hornets
Free Throws Made: 13 Denver Nuggets

I was bored.

DCX

Awesome.

:lol @ Kone 49 shot attepmts!

Lakers @ Boston
Houston @ Detroit

Are these going to get played? I doubt it in a hour and a half but I'm just asking, b/c if not then I guess I'll just go ahead and advance.

Smokey

i love how lewis can't fucking score AT ALL whenever i play you cb3

2/16 from the field. WOW

And damn Nelson missed that big FT at the end. I guess I'm just destined to lose to the Lakers and Celtics.

DCX

DCX
AirBrain let me know when we can play, i would love to get it in like now as the wife and kids are good for a while.

DCX

CB3 said:
shawn didnt answer my IM so i guess not

Surely you saw the "Zz" when you Im'd me last night (I was out watching "21"). I've made my efforts to play you this weekend when you were not available, so it stinks your message implies I've been AWOL. :lol

I'm available throughout the afternoon, so step up and earn your win as I know it's killing you inside to be posing with that faux +1 in your win column. :p

PS- Get off the Cowboys bandwagon with that sexy Tony Romo avatar, we don't want you!!

Smokey said:
Kobe 49 shot attepmts

Ahh yess, my 58 pts 10 assists 5 rebounds and 2 blocks game.... What an awesome performance by Kobe!!

damn it, we had a good game going. i can't finish the rest now, but what if we played one Q the next game and called it a tie? cause it was tied at that point, i think

pheeniks said:
damn it, we had a good game going. i can't finish the rest now, but what if we played one Q the next game and called it a tie? cause it was tied at that point, i think

That works for me. The only stats that I would've really cared about were Iverson's anyways, so it's no big deal if we just play one quarter and give the win to whoever is winning at that point. I think you were up by 2 points with 6 seconds to go in the 3rd officially, but we can call it a tie if you want :D

AkaBalla

DCX said:
AirBrain let me know when we can play, i would love to get it in like now as the wife and kids are good for a while.

DCX

How's American Idol? I'm thinking about picking it up..

Aka

DCX

DCX
The game? I had a blast! It's my first Karaoke Rev game and i loved the difficulty with the song lists and i finally understand Randy when he is always commenting on people pitch problems! :lol I lie to have "party" games at the house when guest come over and stuff but this was entertaining to me even playing by myself.

DCX

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
K just letting everyone know I just dropped from the league. I'm really sorry but I've got enough stress going on right now. I really don't need to be getting as worked up about this game (or our other leagues) as I do.

I'm a very tense guy and I love coming home and chilling out and having a fun game of NBA with you guys. But when it goes south I get super stressed and I'm about ready to blow. Not fun for me.

There are several factors game related that brought this on for me. The lag for me is horrible. If anyone has ever paid attention to how slowly I'm able to move through the menus you'll notice how much slower I'm able to move. That's the biggest factor.
I've had issues a couple of times with how people play their games and I know that I have a reputation of being the GAF habitual complainer. But I've always done my best to try and get all member of our NBA leagues to play a certain way.
When this game is played right by both players it's near poetry in motion for me. I've had some incredible memorable games with some of the GAF crew. And I can't say that about any other sports game I have ever played.

There are several factors life related that also brought this on. I've just got a plateful of real life issues going on right now and I'm having a hard time seeing the light at the end of the tunnel all the time. The last thing I need at the end of a day is to sit on my couch angry because of how a game of NBA is going.

That's about it. I'm not gonna go into huge details. I do apologize having to drop though.

See you online.

Lates

Smokey

Truelize said:
K just letting everyone know I just dropped from the league. I'm really sorry but I've got enough stress going on right now. I really don't need to be getting as worked up about this game (or our other leagues) as I do.

I'm a very tense guy and I love coming home and chilling out and having a fun game of NBA with you guys. But when it goes south I get super stressed and I'm about ready to blow. Not fun for me.

There are several factors game related that brought this on for me. The lag for me is horrible. If anyone has ever paid attention to how slowly I'm able to move through the menus you'll notice how much slower I'm able to move. That's the biggest factor.
I've had issues a couple of times with how people play their games and I know that I have a reputation of being the GAF habitual complainer. But I've always done my best to try and get all member of our NBA leagues to play a certain way.
When this game is played right by both players it's near poetry in motion for me. I've had some incredible memorable games with some of the GAF crew. And I can't say that about any other sports game I have ever played.

There are several factors life related that also brought this on. I've just got a plateful of real life issues going on right now and I'm having a hard time seeing the light at the end of the tunnel all the time. The last thing I need at the end of a day is to sit on my couch angry because of how a game of NBA is going.

That's about it. I'm not gonna go into huge details. I do apologize having to drop though.

See you online.

Lates

Damn.

Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy the league, but thanks for participating :(. Came right at the end close to the playoffs, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Good luck with the RL issues, see you around.

AirBrian

That sucks, True! But you have to do what you have to do. The game (and league) should not be a chore, so I can understand why you dropped. :-(

At least tell them the truth...you know, you're too busy whoring achievement points playing Ratatouille!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Check you pm's Smokey.

So who do I play?

f-ing 2k site >_<

Smokey

Matrix said:
Check you pm's Smokey.

So who do I play?

f-ing 2k site >_<

Golden State vs. Denver
Houston vs. Utah

Quinton's usually pretty easy to get in touch with. Deadline is Wednesday @ 11:

8 games left here in the regular season here is the playoff picture as of now:

1. LA Lakers
2. Orlando
3. Boston
4. New Orleans
5. Denver
6. Chicago
7. Houston
8. Golden State

9. Detroit
10. Utah

Should be interesting and fun. Seeds 3-5 are in a tie as are seeds 6-8. Shawn is probably a lock to hold onto the #1 spot, although we could potentially see an epic fail of Patriot proportions if he goes undefeated in the regular season :)

Also the playoff games this season are a best of 5 series.

Matrix

Cool.

So Quinton,when can you play?

I have to play two MLB Show league games starting at 7 pm eastern tomorrow night and then eat a late dinner.Can you play games late? I'm also home all day tomorrow and can play at almost any time before 7.

I can also do Wed nite before the deadline.

Pm or post in here whats good for you.

Smokey Bones said:
Golden State vs. Denver
Houston vs. Utah

Quinton's usually pretty easy to get in touch with. Deadline is Wednesday @ 11:

8 games left here in the regular season here is the playoff picture as of now:

1. LA Lakers
2. Orlando
3. Boston
4. New Orleans
5. Denver
6. Chicago
7. Houston
8. Golden State

9. Detroit
10. Utah

Should be interesting and fun. Seeds 3-5 are in a tie as are seeds 6-8. Shawn is probably a lock to hold onto the #1 spot, although we could potentially see an epic fail of Patriot proportions if he goes undefeated in the regular season :)

Also the playoff games this season are a best of 5 series.

One game at a time is the way I'm rolling over the next 8 games, I can smell perfection though! :D

AkaBalla

Ill take over for Truelize if you need me to..

*Thinking to himself all these guys are gonna send PM's to smokey saying i want my playoff spot dont let Aka in*

:lol

Smokey

AkaBalla said:
Ill take over for Truelize if you need me to..

*Thinking to himself all these guys are gonna send PM's to smokey saying i want my playoff spot dont let Aka in*

At this late in season and with how close the standings are I may just let it play out. Personally I'm ok with you coming back, but I'm not locked in a 3 or 4 way tie either:D

Top Bottom