• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Season 4 Interest Thread: Screw RROD we wont fail

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
GG...it might have been diff if I had Yao :( I could not stop Dwight at all inside,he put on a slam dunk contest over my smaller fowards.

Tmac just collapsed on that play,it was awful :(

Smokey

Game 18 deadline is wed 4/9 @ 11:59 pm central

Boston @ Golden State
Denver @ New Orleans

-----
Lakers 90, Chicago 80
Utah 0, Detroit 0
Orlando 85, Houston 77

----

Nuggets v. Hornets should be a good game. Battle for the 3rd seed, and last time you guys played Nuggets only won by 7.

Hey DCX, anyway you can play at 10 EST? I'm working on a paper right now and would like to get that done before we battle.

Does the league advance tonight or tomorrow? I thought we moved the schedule up on Saturday so tonight would be the third day, but I know that CB and Pheeniks still have to get their game in.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DCX said:
Matrix, after i lose to Chris can you play if the week is advanced?

DCX

I have two mlb show leagues games I'm playing tonight starting at 9:15 est.I can play after those if the league has been advanced and I'm still awake :p

edit- League advances tomorrow night though :\

DCX

DCX
ChrisJames said:
Hey DCX, anyway you can play at 10 EST? I'm working on a paper right now and would like to get that done before we battle.

Does the league advance tonight or tomorrow? I thought we moved the schedule up on Saturday so tonight would be the third day, but I know that CB and Pheeniks still have to get their game in.
10 is good. It will give me some time to practice.

DCX

Great game DCX. It felt like a playoff game the whole way through. You probably would've won by double digits if Kleiza hadn't stepped up HUGE in the second qtr. with those 10 points. Once again, I couldn't really find Iverson's or Melo's jump shots which really hurt me. I had a hard time stopping Peja and Harrington. I just couldn't find my rhythm. Again, good game and congrats on the win.

Smokey

ChrisJames said:

League was supposed to move tonight, but I extended it to try and get everyone to play. I really don't want to pick winners of games at this point especially with the playoff picture intensifying.

It'll advance tomorrow night at usual time, but after that I'll go back to the standard 3 day interval. I'm anxious to get playoffs started and I know everyone else is as well.

Edit: What's the deal with the Boston v. GS game? It says GS disconnected in the 4th at a tie game??

DCX

DCX
It was a great game and boy the playoff feel was dead on! I felt like every posetion was important, if i turned the ball over i needed to get it back, every rebound was importnant, i mean just the whole game was tense. Paul picked up his game but man, he is way to small to be effective as a scorer, always getting his shot blocked, he would average like 15-18 if it wasn't for that!

Peja has been on a tear, playing lights out and being an assassin out there. Harrington brought his A game tonight and just couldn't miss. I have to find out what i'm going to do with Bonzi and Stevie Franchise. I need better production out of my guards. I may go with Butler to start over Bonzi for a couple of games. Maybe Marco.

Iverson and Melo are clutch. Even though they had "off" nights, they made HUGE buckets! JR Smith made some crazy shots driving the basket with the shot clock winding down that made me punch the couch! Kleiza was a beast for like a 3-4 minute stretch, i was wondering why you didn't keep him in longer for JR Smith or even Melo. He really did keep things close for you, even though the game never got past 5-6 points.

I had really bad matchup problems all over the court. I couldn't have Peja guarding Melo, he would kill him and drain his energy like no tomorrow. So i had Peja guard the PF and Bonzi get Melo and had Harrington get JR. It worked for a bit but once you get deep in your offensive sets with the drives and screens you opened it up for your shooters and had the big men dive to the bucket.

All in all, a fantastic game, and some breathing room for this stretch drive to the playoffs and locking in a number 3 seed. I still have some big games left, especially with TMAC next game.

DCX

Smokey Bones said:
League was supposed to move tonight, but I extended it to try and get everyone to play. I really don't want to pick winners of games at this point especially with the playoff picture intensifying.

It'll advance tomorrow night at usual time, but after that I'll go back to the standard 3 day interval. I'm anxious to get playoffs started and I know everyone else is as well.

Edit: What's the deal with the Boston v. GS game? It says GS disconnected in the 4th at a tie game??

Yeah it was 65-65 with 6:03 to go. disc read error. CB wants to play it its entirety tonight.

I took it to gamecrazy to get rid of the scratches so hopefully it won't happen again.

Smokey

pheeniks said:
Yeah it was 65-65 with 6:03 to go. disc read error. CB wants to play it its entirety tonight.

I took it to gamecrazy to get rid of the scratches so hopefully it won't happen again.

I just checked, is it going to get played? I'm advancing the league in 50 minutes.

Matrix

DCX,if you're around at 1 am when the league advances,I can play.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Smokey Bones said:
I just checked, is it going to get played? I'm advancing the league in 50 minutes.

i IM'ed Pheenix but he never responded so i guess not

Smokey

Shawnwhann said:
I advanced the league given CB's last post, I got my opponent all ready to go...

Sorry Smokey!!

It's cool, the whole reason why there are others who have the privilege of moving the league in case I'm not around.

Going back to 3 day interval. . ready to get to the playoffs so the deadline will be Saturday 4/12

Damn, fucking heartbreaking loss. I played just about as well as I could play for 70% of the game, the other 30% was really sloppy run and gun and I had some really bad defensive mistakes. Still, I knew how close I was to giving Shawn a loss, and that had me really pumped up :lol

The thing that was so heartbreaking is how BS Kobe is in this game. There were at least 5 times where I played absolutely perfect D on him and he would take a long jumper with a hand in his face and still nail the shot like it was nothing. Just very frustrating. Still, I'm confident that I'll be able to hold my own if we happen to meet in the playoffs.

ChrisJames said:
Damn, fucking heartbreaking loss. I played just about as well as I could play for 70% of the game, the other 30% was really sloppy run and gun and I had some really bad defensive mistakes. Still, I knew how close I was to giving Shawn a loss, and that had me really pumped up :lol

The thing that was so heartbreaking is how BS Kobe is in this game. There were at least 5 times where I played absolutely perfect D on him and he would take a long jumper with a hand in his face and still nail the shot like it was nothing. Just very frustrating. Still, I'm confident that I'll be able to hold my own if we happen to meet in the playoffs.

:lol

GG!! You definitely had me on the ropes for a nice portion of the game. Luckily I was able to take advatange of your love for the run and gun in the 3rd quarter to build an insurmountable cushion for the 4th quarter.

Yeah I'm undefeated...and yeah I have the occasion lopsided victory...but I don't have an invincible felling when I pick up the sticks. I know my loss this season will come, it's just a matter of when. Until then though, I'm going to enjoy this undefeated streak as long at it will last. :D

Smokey

Pheeniks when can you play, deadline is Saturday?

Shawnwhann said:
:lol

GG!! You definitely had me on the ropes for a nice portion of the game. Luckily I was able to take advatange of your love for the run and gun in the 3rd quarter to build an insurmountable cushion for the 4th quarter.

Yeah I'm undefeated...and yeah I have the occasion lopsided victory...but I don't have an invincible felling when I pick up the sticks. I know my loss this season will come, it's just a matter of when. Until then though, I'm going to enjoy this undefeated streak as long at it will last. :D

Your 1st loss is coming after I play Pheeniks and you know it. Last time you beat me on a 3pt at the buzzer and score was 84-81 but it ain't happening this time. Kobe can have 92 pts it doesn't matter, as long as I have 93 it's all gravy.

Matrix

dcx,when can you play?

DCX

DCX
Matrix said:
dcx,when can you play?
Ummm...i'm hoping tonight. Maybe after Idol. If not, if i'm to tired maybe tomorrow night as i have the weekend off and i can stay up late. Idol gets done at 10pm i believe. Is that ok?

DCX

Matrix

Lets just do Friday night instead,id rather do that.

Rockets game is on Friday night at 8:30 and should be over by 10:30/11 pm eastern.Is that cool?

DCX

DCX
Matrix said:
Lets just do Friday night instead,id rather do that.

Rockets game is on Friday night at 8:30 and should be over by 10:30/11 pm eastern.Is that cool?
r u home now? If not yeah that's cool.

DCX

Matrix

Yea I'm home,I work at home and have had a light day so ive been free.

I'm good to play now if you can.

DCX

DCX
Matrix said:
Yea I'm home,I work at home and have had a light day so ive been free.

I'm good to play now if you can.
Yeah actually i will. Give me like 5 minutes.

DCX

Matrix

Ok cool,I'll be in the league lobby.

Matrix

Jesus christ why cant T-wack,Scola and Landry make f-ing point blank layups in this game *sigh*

GG DCX,ugly game though because we both shot awful.

Brooks has to bail my ass out again,thats atleast 4 W's this season cause of him.

DCX

DCX
Matrix said:
Jesus christ why cant T-wack,Scola and Landry make f-ing point blank layups in this game *sigh*

GG DCX,ugly game though because we both shot awful.

Brooks has to bail my ass out again,thats atleast 4 W's this season cause of him.
GG. I don't have much to say because this was the greatest bullshit game ever. I mean seriously, Peja can't make wide open jumpers? 6-25? 1-19 from three. Yeah. I couldn't hit nothing. And Brooks just driving the lane like he owned it, no one would jump. No one. Tyson Chandler is a feared shot blocker...not in this game oh no. Lets not even talk about giving up 12 offensive rebounds to the second unit. Whatever. I'm glad this game is over and done with. It was bound to happen. You have 4-5 good games where it plays like a real NBA game, then you have that one shit game where no one can make layups, T-Mac can't dunk the ball on a 5-11 guard and Brooks is a monster.

Oh well. CHris, ball is in your court for the third spot :/

DCX

Matrix

Yea it really was absurd.I cant believe the amount of layups I missed and wide open shots Peja missed.Shane is a good defender in this game,but a lot of those Peja shots were just so wide open and they would just hit the front of the rim.And why did they make Chris Paul so average in this game :\

F-ing Tmac is such streaky garbage in this game,but he's kinda like that this year in real life :(

Smokey Bones said:
Pheeniks when can you play, deadline is Saturday?

Your 1st loss is coming after I play Pheeniks and you know it. Last time you beat me on a 3pt at the buzzer and score was 84-81 but it ain't happening this time. Kobe can have 92 pts it doesn't matter, as long as I have 93 it's all gravy.

:Looks at the schedule:

Why is that every game we play is in Orlando?!? RIGGED!!!

The team that won that barnburner should have won. IIRC, I had you down all game and you made a furious comeback to put the game in question for a second....until Kobe made that beautiful 3 as time expired!

I'm looking forward to our game, it will be epic. Watch out Wilt... :lol

Smokey

Wow you guys weren't lying those were some UGLY numbers.

http://online.2ksports.com/league/game?p=360&l=234604&g=11160131&a=box

Updated standings:

1. Los Angeles Lakers 19-0
2. Orlando Magic 14-4
3. New Orleans Hornets 11-8
4. Boston Celtics 10-8
5. Denver Nuggets 10-9
6. Chicago Bulls 7-12
7. Houston Rockets 7-12
8. Utah Jazz 5-13

9. Golden State 5-13
10. Detroit Pistons 5-14

Here is what 2K believes the rest of the season will look like. I went and looked at every upcoming game preview and wrote down who the game thought the winner would be. I did this for every team and every game the rest of the season. All teams have the win against Detroit factored in, those that still need to "play" them at least. And here are the results:

Lakers
5-0

Magic

3-3
losses: Lakers, Hornets, Nuggets

Hornets
3-2
losses: Jazz, Lakers

Celtics
2-4
losses: Jazz, Rockets, Nuggets, Lakers

Nuggets
3-2
losses: Rockets, Lakers

Bulls
0-5 or 1-4
Losses: Magic, Rockets, Celtics, Jazz
Tie(no advantage) : Warriors

Rockets
4-1
Loss: Lakers

Jazz
4-2
Losses: Nuggets, Magic

Warriors
1-5 or 2-4
Losses: Magic, Lakers, Jazz, Hornets
Tie(no advantage) - Bulls

So based on that info here is what the game predicts the playoffs will look like:

1. Lakers 24-0
2. Magic 17-7
3. Hornets 14-10
4. Nuggets 13-11
5. Celtics 12-12
6. Rockets - 11-13
7. Jazz 9-15
8. Bulls 7-17,8-16

9. Warriors 6-18,7-17

And there ya have it. Just thought it'd be fun to see how 2K thinks things will shake out. All I did was use the preview feature.

Based on my expert analysis it appears that the Rockets (excluding the Lakers) have the easiest schedule left in the season, while the Bulls have the "hardest".

Have Fun!:D

Matrix

I deserve the easiest at this point,who would ever want to play a full Rockets season of 2k without Yao :p

Though I'm sure I'll choke a game or two.

Smokey

Shawnwhann said:
FUCK YOU 2K....for jinking my dream of achieving a perfect season. I'm most assuredly going to lose a game now.... :mad:

Why'd you need 2K to tell you that. . I told you just a few posts above son.

PHEENIKS when can you play???

Just want to say thank you Matrix and GCQuinton (if that game was actually finished...stats aren't showing up).

It appears that there's only one game left to be played in the week.

GCQuinton

ChrisJames said:
Just want to say thank you Matrix and GCQuinton (if that game was actually finished...stats aren't showing up).

It appears that there's only one game left to be played in the week.

My game with CB was disconnected in the third, but he went ahead and let me keep the win since I was up when it happened.

GCQuinton said:
My game with CB was disconnected in the third, but he went ahead and let me keep the win since I was up when it happened.

Oh OK, thanks for the update (and for winning!). I see that you were up by 16 so it's understandable that he would let you keep the win. Poor guy's had back to back drops in has last two games...

Smokey Bones said:
Why'd you need 2K to tell you that. . I told you just a few posts above son.

PHEENIKS when can you play???

I can probably play early Saturday...or sometime then. just let me know what time works. I am having a hell month :(

DCX

DCX
AUto Win for me when the league advances...that actually is not a good thing for me. Ummm...Matrix, would you like to run a scrim for me, i know our game was decided but man i would to know how it could have went if we didn't shoot for a combined 30% with point blank layups missed and a voodoo curse from 2K. Or any one else. I just need a game tonight.

DCX

Matrix

I have to play a mlb show league game at 6 pm eastern and the Rockets game is on tonight at 8:30.

If you can play after the Rockets game I'll play you in a scrimmage,but I might be able to play a game before 8:30.

I'll post in here to let you know after my show game is over.

DCX

DCX
Matrix said:
I have to play a mlb show league game at 6 pm eastern and the Rockets game is on tonight at 8:30.

If you can play after the Rockets game I'll play you in a scrimmage,but I might be able to play a game before 8:30.

I'll post in here to let you know after my show game is over.
I wish i was in The Show league :/ I'll be up all night so whenever is good.

DCX

Matrix

Matrix

DCX you around?

I can play a scrimmage game now,if you dont respond in like 15 mins,I'll take that as you cant play or you're not around.

Top Bottom