• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Season 4 Interest Thread: Screw RROD we wont fail

Truelize said:
K just letting everyone know I just dropped from the league. I'm really sorry but I've got enough stress going on right now. I really don't need to be getting as worked up about this game (or our other leagues) as I do.

I'm a very tense guy and I love coming home and chilling out and having a fun game of NBA with you guys. But when it goes south I get super stressed and I'm about ready to blow. Not fun for me.

There are several factors game related that brought this on for me. The lag for me is horrible. If anyone has ever paid attention to how slowly I'm able to move through the menus you'll notice how much slower I'm able to move. That's the biggest factor.
I've had issues a couple of times with how people play their games and I know that I have a reputation of being the GAF habitual complainer. But I've always done my best to try and get all member of our NBA leagues to play a certain way.
When this game is played right by both players it's near poetry in motion for me. I've had some incredible memorable games with some of the GAF crew. And I can't say that about any other sports game I have ever played.

There are several factors life related that also brought this on. I've just got a plateful of real life issues going on right now and I'm having a hard time seeing the light at the end of the tunnel all the time. The last thing I need at the end of a day is to sit on my couch angry because of how a game of NBA is going.

That's about it. I'm not gonna go into huge details. I do apologize having to drop though.

See you online.

Lates

See ya around the way Ol' Yeller!!

AkaBalla said:
Ill take over for Truelize if you need me to..

*Thinking to himself all these guys are gonna send PM's to smokey saying i want my playoff spot dont let Aka in*

:lol

LOL, that would be some shiiiiiieeeettttt if I had to play you in the first round of the playoffs. When you are the #1 seed, you are supposed to have an ideal matchup....not play a former league champion and an established top player...

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
GG Quinton.

Man I really thought I had the miracle comeback after that 3 by Brooks :lol ...damn Williams :(

And damn me getting to 60 points in the paint with more than 1 min left and being forced to shoot the ball.

GCQuinton

Matrix said:
GG Quinton.

Man I really thought I had the miracle comeback after that 3 by Brooks :lol ...damn Williams :(

And damn me getting to 60 points in the paint with more than 1 min left and being forced to shoot the ball.

GG Matrix.

I almost thought I let it slip too, that was a great clutch shot by Williams.

I'll enjoy this 2 win streak as long as I can since I have the Lakers next :lol

AkaBalla

Smokey Bones said:

At this late in season and with how close the standings are I may just let it play out. Personally I'm ok with you coming back, but I'm not locked in a 3 or 4 way tie either:D

Well put it this way. If i started in the beginning we wouldnt have this convo. So whats the difference? Aka has never failed to make a playoffs in his career in any league...

Just kidding.. I'm cool with you guys not wanting me in. I knew that was gonna be an issue anyways.. No hard feelings.. I just wanted to help out..

Well i wanted to knock out some of those guys who would dream about making the playoffs and then Aka steps in and takes it away..

You guys can move the league forward if you want. Pheeniks and I are only going to play a quarter to determine the winner (because the game dropped with 1 qtr to go), so it doesn't even have to be on the current week.

Smokey

ChrisJames said:
You guys can move the league forward if you want. Pheeniks and I are only going to play a quarter to determine the winner (because the game dropped with 1 qtr to go), so it doesn't even have to be on the current week.

Alright I will go ahead and move it forward, just make sure you guys play so you can go back and assign a winner. Phenniks has admin powers so he should be able to move the league back to assign the winner.

League has been advanced.

Week 17 game deadline is 4/5 @ 11:59 pm central

sorry chris that I wasn't around tonight. and I won't be around at all tomorrow either for my next opponent, haven't even bothered looking cause I'm about to pass out...

AirBrian, I probably won't be able to play until ~11:30 EST tonight. Hopefully that works for you, otherwise we'll have to play Friday night or Saturday night.

AirBrian

ChrisJames said:
AirBrian, I probably won't be able to play until ~11:30 EST tonight. Hopefully that works for you, otherwise we'll have to play Friday night or Saturday night.
No problem, CJ. Let's shoot for Friday or Saturday night.

AirBrian, turns out I can play tonight... Let me know if you'll be around (no big deal if not though, I should be around most of tomorrow).

DCX

DCX
Played a great game with CB last night! The netcode was fantastic! No hiccups, just a great experience. Peja has been money lately, man he's really bringing it. Paul is Mr Consistant although he gets his shot blocked way to much, man. He's just to short to be driving the hole and his jump shot animation takes to long to be effective unless he's wide open.

It's getting tight for playoff positioning. Nothing against AirBrian and his Bulls, but no one wants to play in the 4-5 matchup against the Chris' Denver Nuggets. Going to be a wild end to the season and a very interesting playoffs.

DCX

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Like usual stupid 2k wont let me log into their website...do they hate Macs?

Anyone know who I play?

Matrix

Pheeniks,when are you free to play?

AirBrian

DCX said:
Played a great game with CB last night! The netcode was fantastic! No hiccups, just a great experience. Peja has been money lately, man he's really bringing it. Paul is Mr Consistant although he gets his shot blocked way to much, man. He's just to short to be driving the hole and his jump shot animation takes to long to be effective unless he's wide open.

It's getting tight for playoff positioning. Nothing against AirBrian and his Bulls, but no one wants to play in the 4-5 matchup against the Chris' Denver Nuggets. Going to be a wild end to the season and a very interesting playoffs.

DCX

Bring it on, CJ! Hinrich and Co. are more than ready!

AirBrian said:
Bring it on, CJ! Hinrich and Co. are more than ready!

When do you wanna play?

Thanks for the respect DCX. Conversely, I would much rather be a 3 seed rather than (most likely) facing you or CB in the 4/5 matchup. Like you said, playoffs are going to be very interesting.

DCX

DCX
CB has a dangerous team, the thing i see with CB is he is still trying to find himself with the Celtics. He has yet found the right way to play with them and he plays "his" game rather than their game. I'm just finding out how to play with Peja and trying to get Paul in a better position to score. You have found the way to play with Denver and man it looks dangerous. AirBrian knows how to play with the Bulls and any given moment can and will kill you with Ben Gordon and his merry men..

DCX

The one person we keep forgetting about is Matrix. I don't think his heart is in this league right now (I could be wrong), but if he does put his all into the game he can beat anybody.

This is a fun season because there really are no easy games; Everyone is really good.

Smokey

Everytime I play the Celtics or Lakers my guys can't hit anything. All 4 of my losses have come to those 2 teams. Seriously, I dunno if it's a matchup thing or what but my guys can't hit at all.

Matrix

ChrisJames said:
The one person we keep forgetting about is Matrix. I don't think his heart is in this league right now (I could be wrong), but if he does put his all into the game he can beat anybody.

This is a fun season because there really are no easy games; Everyone is really good.

My heart is kinda in it,its just losing Yao has cost me a lot.

GG Pheeniks.

by the way, i hope we can finish the league by the time may comes. because when may comes...i'm going to be traveling a lot

Smokey

pheeniks said:
by the way, i hope we can finish the league by the time may comes. because when may comes...i'm going to be traveling a lot

Probably not going to happen. Right now we play about 2 games a week and I think there's like 7 games left plus playoffs...

Kobe has 66 points in the game against Utah..hmm..

Matrix can you play anytime tomorrow once the league advances?

AirBrian

GG, CJ. You absolutely destroyed me on the boards. Camby and Nene were sucking in those balls! And holy crap at Kleiza! The dude did not miss from outside.

AirBrian said:
GG, CJ. You absolutely destroyed me on the boards. Camby and Nene were sucking in those balls! And holy crap at Kleiza! The dude did not miss from outside.

GG man. Very ugly for most of it, but hey it was a close fought battle throughout so I can't complain. Yeah, I couldn't believe the rebound differential when I looked at the post game stats... Camby and Nene are beasts. Kleiza was huge. He kept me in the game while my other guys were struggling. Iverson couldn't make anything from outside (0-7) and Melo was in a funk too. Good D by both of us I guess.

DCX when can you play? I probably won't be able to play tomorrow, so it's looking like late Monday night or Tuesday unless you can play tonight.

Matrix

Smokey I can play whenever,the sooner the better.

I have 3 baseball league games I have to play.

AirBrian

Yeah, when I paused it for a second to look at the stats, I was looking at your boards. I thought you had to have been out-rebounding me by at least 10 by that point.

Wow, the last two playoff spots just got a whole lot closer!

DCX

DCX
Chris i can play any night but tuesday may be best for us as i can be up late. if you can play around 9-10pm then it could be tonight or tomorrow.

DCX

DCX said:
Chris i can play any night but tuesday may be best for us as i can be up late. if you can play around 9-10pm then it could be tonight or tomorrow.

DCX

Ok, it'll probably be Tuesday then. I'm going to a concert tonight and I have to work until 10 tomorrow.

Matrix

Cool and dont beat on the Yao-less Rockets too bad,show some love for our team :p

Smokey

GG Matrix you played me really well all the way down the stretch. Lewis hit that huge 3 pt bucket with 45 secs left. I went to that play a few times during the game and I figured you'd play the drive b/c that's what I was doing everytime I ran it. Decided to switch it up and bring DH over to set the screen instead of Bogans and TMAC couldn't handle DH as he pushed him to the ground like a boy:D :lol

You came out with a purpose in the 1st quarter man.

Top Bottom