• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Season 4 Interest Thread: Screw RROD we wont fail

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
AirBrian said:
Want to go tonight?

Sure,what time? 10 pm eastern or later?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
10 pm it is,see ya in the lobby then.

Hopefully 2k is up.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Hey Pheeniks, tonight probably wont work for me. But I'll try. If you are around for 8 mountain time then we can get it in. Other than that we will have to wait till Tuesday or Wednesday. Sorry.

Can we possibly bend the rules? I mean, think about it, would Golden State trade JAX before Ellis? JAX is their team captain...he's more untradable than Ellis. Plus, it's not like the trade I proposed sucked...and Ellis isn't really a superstar. He's not even my top 2 options.

Smokey

pheeniks said:
Can we possibly bend the rules? I mean, think about it, would Golden State trade JAX before Ellis? JAX is their team captain...he's more untradable than Ellis. Plus, it's not like the trade I proposed sucked...and Ellis isn't really a superstar. He's not even my top 2 options.

Baron and Ellis are your top 2 rated players.

And yes GS would trade JAX before Ellis.

Smokey Bones said:
Baron and Ellis are your top 2 rated players.

And yes GS would trade JAX before Ellis.

But that's your opinion. I think we should be able to allow it if everyone is fine with it. I don't think it was a bad trade at all.

Smokey

pheeniks said:
But that's your opinion. I think we should be able to allow it if everyone is fine with it. I don't think it was a bad trade at all.

That's not my opinion..that's fact. I know you know bball I've seen you in the NBA thread.

Ellis would not be traded before JAX. He just wouldn't.

Matrix

I'm in the lobby AB.

Matrix

FING A! DAMN 2K CRASHED BY 360 TWICE AND NOW I CANT GET A CONNECTION TO MY 360 WORKING!

Sorry Brian,I cant seem to log on ...

I wasnt even playing through a router,straight into my modem box.

my 360 better not be dying,first time ever my copy of nba has done this.

Smokey

Matrix said:
FING A! DAMN 2K CRASHED BY 360 TWICE AND NOW I CANT GET A CONNECTION TO MY 360 WORKING!

RIP

AirBrian

Matrix said:

Oh, no problem. That second time we tried it, my 360 locked up on the loading screen. I had to reboot twice. :lol 2K servers suck ass. Hugh...elephant...ass.

Matrix

:(

I'm hoping it's just a cable connection issue because now I cant get on my mac which is using the same line.I WILL NOT BUY ANOTHER 360 or deal with stupid reps again.

I'm hoping the lock ups is cause of the servers or my connection.

Matrix

The servers are f-ed up,it just so happens my cable connection is fucked now too :lol Things that make you go hmmmmmm.

Smokey

Matrix said:
The servers are f-ed up,it just so happens my cable connection is fucked now too :lol Things that make you go hmmmmmm.

Damn.

That sucks. Me and Quinton just finished our game and didn't have any problems.

Well, I don't think that list is exactly the truth either. Hornets would DEFINITELY keep West over Peja, wouldn't they?

If I have to trade Jackson, I'm not going through with this...unless we find some other solution. Nobody seems to object to this, but I can't really understand what CB's post was.

CB3 said:
rules are rules. cant change them david stern style during the season!

Well it is my fault for not bringing up this issue before the season, but not everybody had a say in the no trade list.

Monta Ellis is NOT a superstar, he's not even an all star, and while many may think GS would rather have him than Jackson, you definitely think of Jackson more as the heart and soul of that team. THAT is a fact.

Plus, I don't think it's outrageous that I ask for a league vote on this one.

ah, and I'd like to point out the fact that the Miami Hahaeat had a certain untradeable player that actually got traded. now don't tell me that you thought he was actually tradeable...

Smokey

pheeniks said:
Well it is my fault for not bringing up this issue before the season, but not everybody had a say in the no trade list.

Monta Ellis is NOT a superstar, he's not even an all star, and while many may think GS would rather have him than Jackson, you definitely think of Jackson more as the heart and soul of that team. THAT is a fact.

Plus, I don't think it's outrageous that I ask for a league vote on this one.

ah, and I'd like to point out the fact that the Miami Hahaeat had a certain untradeable player that actually got traded. now don't tell me that you thought he was actually tradeable...

Now you're arguing technicalities.

NBA2K8 doesn't know that Shaq broke down this season. The game is going by his ability at the start of the season, so he's still one of the top rated players on the Heat. Same way the game doesn't know that the Heat were gonna be 9-10000 and the Hornets on top of the Western Conference w/ West being an All-star.

All I did was take the top 2 rated players on each team and deemed them un-tradeable. AKA did the same thing in season 3. I'm not going through saying "oh they would trade him before so and so". I'm looking at the top 2 or in some teams case the top 3 (Pistons, Celtics, Lakers) on the roster.

Deals can still be made and nobody had a problem with this in season 3.

Pheeniks does bring up a good point; There have been a lot of crazy trades this season. Mike Bibby, Jason Kidd, Shawn Marion, Pau Gasol, and Shaq would all be on the no-trade list and it's not as if Ellis is an All-Star player (this year anyways).

I'm not sure which way I lean, but we could put it to a vote - requiring a majority of the owners to approve the trade in order for it to happen.

And I'm not trying to undermine you or anything Smokey, you're doing a great job as commish and the leauge is running smoothly.

Smokey

There is a poll up on the league website. It's a simple yes or no if you approve of the GS and New Orleans trade:

Golden State
Ellis
Harrington
Wright

New Orleans

Peterson
West
Wright

I'm leaving it open until 10pm central tomorrow night. So if only 3 people vote and the majority choose NO then that's what it is so I encourage everyone to go to the site and choose.

http://online.2ksports.com/league/index?p=360&t=NBA2K8&l=234604

Matrix

Awesome according to the 2k website I have 2147483649 losses!

Smokey

Matrix said:
Awesome according to the 2k website I have 2147483649 losses!

Yep I saw that. I have no idea how to fix it. Maybe if you guys play your game it'll un-do itself?

Or maybe it's only like that on the website and not actually through the game?

DCX

DCX
I see you guys are cockblocking our trade. I would like to know why? Is it beucase " rules are rules " or you guys don't like the trade itself, or maybe you don't like us. I would like to know, k thx.

DCX

Smokey

DCX said:
I see you guys are cockblocking our trade. I would like to know why? Is it beucase " rules are rules " or you guys don't like the trade itself, or maybe you don't like us. I would like to know, k thx.

DCX

Ellis is listed in on the non-tradeable list so therefore he can't be traded. I'm not talking technicalities here but Ellis is the 2nd best rated player on the Warriors. If you look at the list, the same was done to every other team in the league. The top 2 (or 3) players ratings wise you could not trade. It was like this last year.

Pheenkis wants to get rid of Ellis. I said no. He keeps pushing. He says the rest of the league wouldn't have a problem, regardless of if he's a non-tradeable. Rather than argue I decide to let everybody decide by putting a poll on the website.

So we shall see by 10pm tomorrow.

AirBrian said:
And I have 2,147,483,647 wins. Suck it down, league!

BTW, Matrix, want to try again tonight?

I won't be able to get to my 360 until later, but could one of you log in through the game and see if it says the same thing? If it does I'll email 2ksports and see what they can do..

DCX

DCX
Smokey Bones said:
Ellis is listed in on the non-tradeable list so therefore he can't be traded. I'm not talking technicalities here but Ellis is the 2nd best rated player on the Warriors. If you look at the list, the same was done to every other team in the league. The top 2 (or 3) players ratings wise you could not trade. It was like this last year.

Pheenkis wants to get rid of Ellis. I said no. He keeps pushing. He says the rest of the league wouldn't have a problem, regardless of if he's a non-tradeable. Rather than argue I decide to let everybody decide by putting a poll on the website.

So we shall see by 10pm tomorrow.

I won't be able to get to my 360 until later, but could one of you log in through the game and see if it says the same thing? If it does I'll email 2ksports and see what they can do..
I understand what you are saying. Rating don't equal the value of a player to it's team IMO. Although the way you did it, and so did Aka is the best way to do it " easily " I think the actual team members should have voted on whos more valuable to them personally. I see where Jackson would be a vital part of his team and Ellis wouldn't be regardless of rating.

When i had the Knicks my untradables were Curry and Marbury :/ I would trade those two fucks in a heartbeat. Curry sucks in this game because he gets tired to easily so i'm playing my bench most of the game and Marbury was streakier than John Starks. Oh well, i my a counter just in case people vote it down.

DCX

Matrix

AirBrian said:
And I have 2,147,483,647 wins. Suck it down, league!

BTW, Matrix, want to try again tonight?

I can only play 11 pm eastern on tonight.

Ive got my nephew over till 10 something.

Matrix

Look for me on here,either post in this thread or pm here if you can play.

Top Bottom