• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Season 4 Interest Thread: Screw RROD we wont fail

Yo Matrix...come out and plaaayyaaayyy.

I'm in the lobby online right now ready for our game. Since you dont use AIM, I'll chill out watching CNN until my controller vibrates....

Smokey

GG DCX

I was all out of rhythm in the beginning of the game. Actually for most of the game I couldn't get anything going. I was 8-freakin 23 with R. Lewis, but Nelson and the big fella DH came through for me. You've got some good weapons after the trade with Pheeniks.

Lewis ended up with a nice all round game though: 17 pts, 4 ast, 6 reb, 2 steals but geez 8-23.

DCX

DCX
Smokey Bones said:
GG DCX

I was all out of rhythm in the beginning of the game. Actually for most of the game I couldn't get anything going. I was 8-freakin 23 with R. Lewis, but Nelson and the big fella DH came through for me. You've got some good weapons after the trade with Pheeniks.

Lewis ended up with a nice all round game though: 17 pts, 4 ast, 6 reb, 2 steals but geez 8-23.
Yeah good game. I feel better with this group. The problem was the early missed layups! Holy shit, i missed like 4-5 easy lay ins. Peja had a shit game, i'm starting not to trust him much. Paul played great, Chandler couldnt keep up with the up and down pace so he wasn't the factor he usually is. I lost becuase you had 17 or so more shot attempts than i did. Missed layups and bull shit steals with your press and trapping schemes fucked me. 1-3-1. What can you do. I can hang, i know i can, more so than the shitty Knicks.

DCX

Smokey

DCX said:
Yeah good game. I feel better with this group. The problem was the early missed layups! Holy shit, i missed like 4-5 easy lay ins. Peja had a shit game, i'm starting not to trust him much. Paul played great, Chandler couldnt keep up with the up and down pace so he wasn't the factor he usually is. I lost becuase you had 17 or so more shot attempts than i did. Missed layups and bull shit steals with your press and trapping schemes fucked me. 1-3-1. What can you do. I can hang, i know i can, more so than the shitty Knicks.

DCX

I gotta trade proposed to you. Check it out when you can.

Same with you Truelize.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
shit i just dropped the league by accident. i was in the leagues screen and pressed B cause i meant to back out and i dropped :lol this can be fixed right?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Shawn and everyone,I'm still having issues with my connection and keep getting drops every 10-15 mins.I have a cable guy coming out on Monday to try to fix it.Until then,unless it corrects itself,I cant play any games online that would require being on for awhile.

Sorry :(

CB,I will trade with you thru the 2k website.Just send me a trade and ill except it tomorrow using my work computer/line,which never goes down.

AT&T DSL >>>>>>>>>>> Road Runner Cable

hmmm Im not sure CB :lol oh noes.

CB3

bullshit man. who the fuck puts B as the button to leave the league. thats the button to back out of a menu in every fucking game

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Yea you would think it would be the A button :\

Smokey

CB3 I have re-invited you into the league. You'll have to log on to the website and you should see a notice saying you've got a new message.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Chris that might work. Let me know.

Pheeniks - hit me on AIM or here as soon as you can play.

Smokey - did you cancel that trade request? It says it was declined and it wasn't me.

Smokey

Truelize said:
Chris that might work. Let me know.

Pheeniks - hit me on AIM or here as soon as you can play.

Smokey - did you cancel that trade request? It says it was declined and it wasn't me.

No?

I don't think so?

Ah I accepted a trade with DCX so I think I did cancel that trade

Smokey

pheeniks said:
uh...did somebody remove my admin rights?

You should still have them as you were the admin in the beginning? I checked and you didn't have them for whatever reason but you should now.

Smokey Bones said:
You should still have them as you were the admin in the beginning? I checked and you didn't have them for whatever reason but you should now.

yeah there we go. thanks

playing true now

True and I can't play until Sunday and if I'm not mistaken Matrix can't play until Monday, so should we advance the league tonight?

Matrix

I'll only be able to play if this cable guy fixs the problem on Monday.

I'm not sure what I'll do if he cant,some of these time warner cable guys ive had come to fix stuff never actually fix the problem.

I went on my PS3 online and I was able to stay on for like 30 mins total till I lost connection :(

Well, hopefully they can figure out what's wrong with your connection...

I went ahead and advanced the league to week 6. I'll be around for an hour or two Smokey, otherwise we can play Sunday or Monday evening.

Smokey

ChrisJames said:
Well, hopefully they can figure out what's wrong with your connection...

I went ahead and advanced the league to week 6. I'll be around for an hour or two Smokey, otherwise we can play Sunday or Monday evening.

We can play now.

Smokey

Some users are having problems w/ connections through 2K's server, or in Matrix's case somethings going on with his overall connection.

The deadline for game 6 will be Wednesday 2/27. That should be enough time to play this weeks game and for those to get their games in from previous weeks.

Congratulations Smokey, I trhink you just broke the record for the most screens set in one game.

GG man, you deserved the win, but I'll be looking for revenge next game!

Smokey

ChrisJames said:
Congratulations Smokey, I trhink you just broke the record for the most screens set in one game.

GG man, you deserved the win, but I'll be looking for revenge next game!

:lol

Every play in the Magic's playbook involves a screen and seeing how I call a play 90% of the time...and shooting 68.7% from the field helped out a little..:p

You caught me off guard by how you came out of the gates though..fucking got some sharpshooters on your squad.

Melvin Ely impressed me in his first game in a Magics uni. Thanks DCX!:D

DCX said:
Can we play sometime tonight Pheeniks? Around 9pm est?

DCX

unfortunately that time doens't work out since I'm going to be in a recording studio, but I think 10 PM CT may work. I'll message you on AIM

by the way, my stupid ass accidently deleted my entire buddy list...so I just don't have anyone's AIM anymore.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Week is at week 6 right now. If anyone needs it set back to 5 and you don't have admin powers let me know here or on Live.

Hey Pheeniks had a cool idea.

Next season we should all just use Western Conference teams. With all the trades there are definitely 10 teams worth using.

Whatcha all think???

DCX

DCX
pheeniks said:
unfortunately that time doens't work out since I'm going to be in a recording studio, but I think 10 PM CT may work. I'll message you on AIM

by the way, my stupid ass accidently deleted my entire buddy list...so I just don't have anyone's AIM anymore.
To late for me buddy. i gotta work tomorrow morning. Ummm...hmmm...tomorrow night around 11pm est would be better.

DCX

CB3

fuck 2K up the ass.

drops with 1.5 seconds left with me up 2
drops again me up 12 with 6 minutes left in the game.

kasjdfhadf

DCX

DCX
pheeniks said:
dcx, sorry about that. i had a rough night

i should be around 11 pm CT though tonight. sorry again
i can't do tonight. i work from 7am-3pm. i had today off so i stayed up later than i usually do especially for our game :/ I can't be up that late tonight. Man, looks like a coin toss game :(

DCX

DCX

DCX
Smokey Bones said:
Week 6 deadline Wednesday homies
yeah but my next day off is sat which means firday night i can stay up late to meet him...hence the reason for my comment. If he could meet me around 9pm est, it's all good.

I guess we'll see.

DCX

Matrix

whooooo I'm 98% positive my cable connection is fixed.The cable guy came out today and gave me a brand new cable modem box and my connection is back up and running faster than it ever has before.I think my other one was dying.

I'll be free to play any games tonight 10 pm eastern on.

I know I have to play Shawn,but I cant log into the 2k website so I have no idea who else I have to play.

Smokey

DCX said:
yeah but my next day off is sat which means firday night i can stay up late to meet him...hence the reason for my comment. If he could meet me around 9pm est, it's all good.

I guess we'll see.

DCX

Well technically the week could get moved back to finish the game but I didn't want to make that a normal deal just because it's better when everyone is on the same page/week (IMO). But everyone has a real life and what not so I understand circumstances.

I've been thinking about the next season/league(if you all still want me to be admin) that we could go to flex schedule. instead of the normal schedule that we're doing now.

For example:

Instead of the 3 day intervals that we have now, on flex schedule you could play anyone on your schedule at any time. So instead of having intervals it could be something like at least 5 games need to be played before the 3rd, and you could play anybody on your schedule it wouldn't matter.

Matrix

Flex schedule works better for me and since its a smaller league I dont see any issues doing it that way.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
The issue with flex schedule is that we wouldn't be able to have a trade deadline....

Well I guess we could just say that you couldn't trade after a certain amount of games have been played.

I'm cool with flex I guess as long as people don't sit down one weekend and play all their games. That's horrible for keeping people interested in the league. DM did that once last year and it ruined everything for him.

I would much rather stick to a schedule and move the weeks back and forth to accommodate and issues than just open it all up. That is just my opinion.

Matrix: hit me here with a pm or on Live (cause I know that they don't let you use AIM in jail - makes no sense. no sense) so we can schedule our game.
I still haven't played you yet with 2k8. Should be fun.

ChrisJames: same as above. I'll have AIM on. If it says I'm away I'm not far.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Any of you guys want to do a small tournament on the side so all us achievement addicts can work towards that tournament cheeve?

Smokey

truelize said:
I'm cool with flex I guess as long as people don't sit down one weekend and play all their games. That's horrible for keeping people interested in the league. DM did that once last year and it ruined everything for him.

Yep that's what I was thinking too. Wouldn't be very fun.

Top Bottom