• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K10 GAF Season IX Thread of Meltdowns and Sweet Tears

DCX said:
dont be mad cause i beat you again...i own you, say it...DCX is my owner and operator, i don't stand a chance against him, praise DCX.

:D

DCX

when the stakes are raised we will see

anachronous_one said:
gg, FaZe. Hopefully I can even the series up tonight!

Great game man, looking forward to another match tonight and hopefully we'll get the series finished.

Raging Spaniard said:
Sorry what? You were winning and he takes the win by calling a time out?

Nope. Used up all my time allowed for being in pause mode while I was on the phone for a moment. I forgot about it alter in the game and had like 5 seconds left of pause time. I tried to hurry up and put always double on Dirk but didn't have the time and it immediately gave him the option for an easy win or to allow us to keep playing :\.

DCX

DCX
ph33nix said:
when the stakes are raised we will see
pheeniks2.jpg

pg2_g_currylee_576.jpg

DCX

DCX

DCX
ph33nix said:
you might win 1 series. but only 1 out of 10
I might win one series? Is this the line you run every first round exit? It only take one series to lose to be out fool! You are like the McRibb of 2k

DCX

DCX said:
I might win one series? Is this the line you run every first round exit? It only take one series to lose to be out fool! You are like the McRibb of 2k

DCX

no i'm just telling you the future

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
DCX said:

DCX
omg ... "Here for a short time . . ."? :lol

EDIT: FaZe, you around? I've got a lunch break coming up, and I could sneak game 2 in.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
DCX said:

DCX

Still bitter about McNabb shredding the fuck out of your D in Madden huh?

DCX

DCX
CB3 said:
Still bitter about McNabb shredding the fuck out of your D in Madden huh?
I'm sure i'll get another shot...unless you PheeKnicks your way out of the playoffs, that will be a shame....

DCX

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Smokey, Viakado --- FaZe took our series. He's got the C's.

How does this work now? Do I challenge for my secondary choice, the Mavs? Or do I have to wait for everything else to shake out and take a "leftover" team?

anachronous_one said:
Smokey, Viakado --- FaZe took our series. He's got the C's.

How does this work now? Do I challenge for my secondary choice, the Mavs? Or do I have to wait for everything else to shake out and take a "leftover" team?
no, its first come first serve at this point, who ever is availabe first gets to play their next series.

so in this case:
Anachronous_one vs. WITNESS2K9 for the Mavs.
if you win, you keep the mavs. you lose, you're given a team not assigned yet.

OP has been updated:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=17781803&postcount=1

best way to get a hold of Witness is via xbox live. his gamertag is in the OP, crew member list.

I can't remember which player I uploaded but I think its a 6'7" SF with an 80 dunk rating.

I plan on having a high mid range jumper but a bad handle so I'll pretty much be an assist making machine for a PG.

edit: Game should be arriving today from amazon. From the demo is seems that 2k has again shafted this game on PC monitors through VGA. The demo looked awful on a 1280*1024 monitor as it uses what looks like about 1/3rd of the available pixel resolution by putting it in its native aspect ratio.

aznpxdd

kirbybreezy said:
I can't remember which player I uploaded but I think its a 6'7" SF with an 80 dunk rating.

I plan on having a high mid range jumper but a bad handle so I'll pretty much be an assist making machine for a PG.

edit: Game should be arriving today from amazon. From the demo is seems that 2k has again shafted this game on PC monitors through VGA. The demo looked awful on a 1280*1024 monitor as it uses what looks like about 1/3rd of the available pixel resolution by putting it in its native aspect ratio.

The game looks pretty awful on my monitor through VGA as well. Running 1680x1050 on a 24" widescreen monitor here.

In terms of graphics, NBA2K9 PC >> NBA Live 360 >>>>>>>>> NBA2K10 360.

RS4-

I think I'm going to pull out of the League, the stuff 2k is doing right now is bothering me. Having said that, the Pacers are up for grabs.

I'll stick around for the random Crew games though.

Ranked matches are pointless.

Phatal FaZe is my gamertag. If you want to have some fun matches with a league opponent with a good connection to try to get prepared for league play I'm always available. Just send me a F/R. I prefer MICs during gameplay to keep things friendly.

Looking for some matches tonight on the HOF settings at 9 minutes. Please get at me 2k heads!

Cloudy

Banned
aznpxdd said:
Yep, I'll play you later tonight. Hopefully my connection is ok now, its been acting weird this morning.

Let's make it 10:30. I gotta walk my dog after the Yankees game :D

Cloudy

Banned
Hmm..some quick thoughts:

- This game PUNISHES bad shots
- Defensive assistance seems to make my D worse. No one picks up their man and they all just run back :lol
- How do I do triple-threat stance this year?

I'll be on @ 10:30-ish

Smokey

Cloudy said:
Hmm..some quick thoughts:

- This game PUNISHES bad shots
- Defensive assistance seems to make my D worse. No one picks up their man and they all just run back :lol
- How do I do triple-threat stance this year?

I'll be on @ 10:30-ish

they fucked up controls this year.

iso motion is pretty much broken. and trying to play defense is terrible.

Cloudy

Banned
azn and I can't play. Either it's a network issue or we were the worst connection I've EVER had on 360. Shit was like the Dreamcast days :lol

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Hey Konex sorry I didnt play, hopefully next time :)

Also, are trades updated by the time league starts? In the game right now Iverson is a FA, sooo that would fuck a Grizzlies team pretty bad if they dont get him :(

aznpxdd said:
The game looks pretty awful on my monitor through VGA as well. Running 1680x1050 on a 24" widescreen monitor here.

In terms of graphics, NBA2K9 PC >> NBA Live 360 >>>>>>>>> NBA2K10 360.

Seems like changing it to widescreen actually fills the entire screen. Looks a lot better now.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Raging Spaniard said:
Hey Konex sorry I didnt play, hopefully next time :)

Also, are trades updated by the time league starts? In the game right now Iverson is a FA, sooo that would fuck a Grizzlies team pretty bad if they dont get him :(
The "Living Rosters" are updated as of today (one day late, right FaZe?), and Iverson has been added to the Griz. I'm pretty sure rosters are simply set based on whatever the current officially-released roster file is at the time that the league is set up.

For this reason, it might be a good idea to hold off on creating the league until closer to the 20th, so that we get the benefit of any roster updates they release over the next week or so. Smokey would know, though.

DiddyBop

Smokey said:
they fucked up controls this year.

iso motion is pretty much broken. and trying to play defense is terrible.

so true dunno who thought it would be a good idea to mess with the controls. they were completely fine before. live's controls completely ishes all over 2k's face but the overall feel and flow of 2k is alot better and more realistic.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
viakado said:
let's shoot for a teamup tonight, peeps.
just got word from a 2k admin the latest fix should smooth out a lot of online related errors, bugs, drops, etc.

Viakado, according to Ronnie over at 2K, we're "a few weeks" out from a significant patch:
http://www.2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236237

Also, supposedly leagues/associations would have to be recreated in order to be affected by said patch based on this post:
http://www.2ksports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2756011&postcount=38

I have to probably erase all my 2k data or something to fix this bug...

I cant play regular matches unless its online maybe...

Haven't tested extensively but tried a couple matches in franchise and one exhibition and the players DONT show up for tip off. Only half the team does.

Here is a picture of me attempting to practice with my Celtics
for my inevitable crowning in 2k10

kce61t.jpg

http://i38.tinypic.com/2h7nl1i.jpg
http://i37.tinypic.com/epitjd.jpg

There are no words my friends...no words.

anachronous_one said:
Viakado, according to Ronnie over at 2K, we're "a few weeks" out from a significant patch:
http://www.2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236237
im reffering to their shit netcode on their piece of shit servers. they've been tweaking it all day.
2k forum admins are compiling a list of glitches, bugs, framerates issues as well as online issues that will hopefully be patched up by the next patch.
*crosses fingers*

im ready to jump ship, how about you guys?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
COME OVER TO THE DARK SIDE VIVA LA LIVE!

Seriously I spent $60 on another buggy ass glitch 2k game, wtf am I ever going to learn :(

Also wtf is up with iso motion, I can't do anything anymore. I feel like a spaz playing 2k and I use to be half way decent.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
everything in 2k this year feels like luck or garbage. its stupid. Shooters get wide open because their defender runs across the court to double for no reason. Everything is a big animation

Top Bottom