• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K10 GAF Season IX Thread of Meltdowns and Sweet Tears

ecnal

ph33nix said:
its not like most of us were out getting laid this weekend so there's no excuse!

speak for yourself, brah.

long holiday weekend that's female oriented = not much getting done in a video game sports league.

however, there are definitely the usual suspects (dm/konex/azn/chaotic) that should probably just decide whether or not they really want to play in the league. although it appears konex is making an effort to get his games in, while the other 3 consistently post on gaf daily, but conveniently avoid this thread.

ecnal said:

long holiday weekend that's female oriented = not much getting done in a video game sports league.

however, there are definitely the usual suspects (dm/konex/azn/chaotic) that should probably just decide whether or not they really want to play in the league. although it appears konex is making an effort to get his games in, while the other 3 consistently post on gaf daily, but conveniently avoid this thread.

Ok, you make the calls from now on then oh mighty Ecnal.

ecnal said:

i read all the posts in this thread, but as i've said, i've been extremely busy as of late. when i get my shit done i'll play, and not before that. if that's an issue then find a replacement and i'll gladly let you guys enjoy a sped up league

ph33nix said:
well then

heatbench.jpg
2igfa6q.gif

Smokey

chaoticprout said:
i read all the posts in this thread, but as i've said, i've been extremely busy as of late. when i get my shit done i'll play, and not before that. if that's an issue then find a replacement and i'll gladly let you guys enjoy a sped up league

It's not sped up. This is how it normally moves. I understand everybody is busy. I work/school 9-5 everyday and don't get home until 630-7p because of the wonderful Houston traffic. Not to mention I'm taking 15 hrs of classes, and play in the Madden league. Everybody works differently though but I guess my point is we all have shit to do.

We all understand there are busy folk in here and whatever but like viakado said, can/can't play you should post anyways

ever since my mini outrage last night I think a grand total of 2 people that were called out has responded. thanks chaotic and RJ. where are the rest of you guys though? =/ was konex out with that chick on aim? azn was nowhere to be seen. and I know cerrius is around but boy stop staring at michael beasley photos and post in here more

ecnal

chaoticprout said:

there's nothing wrong with using the entire deadline.

don't wait to post your availability till midway through the deadline (when the majority of the league has already played their games), and only after PHX calls out specific people for not playing games.

i can go back in the thread and see multiple "VS/@ MAGIC" posts with no response from you; it gives the impression that you're not reading the thread on a consistent basis.

you post daily in the NBA thread, so it shouldn't be too much sweat off your back to simply post @ the beginning of a deadline that you're going to be difficult to get a hold of--that way people know what's going on, rather than you being considered MIA.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Yeah ive asked for you and the Grizz a couple times already. Just post that your busy until whatever time and its fine

Word, I'll do that from now on

I've just been waiting to post my availability until I'm available, I'll give my estimated times from now on, make it easier

Smokey

chaoticprout said:
Word, I'll do that from now on

I've just been waiting to post my availability until I'm available, I'll give my estimated times from now on, make it easier

Yeah a lot of it is communication like CB said. At the beginning of the new week just post when you can and cannot play and what works best for you. That way your opponents at least know they best time to reach you. If something comes up (shit happens) just post that you'll have to play another time.

It doesn't take very long and it keeps away the assumption that you don't care all that much.

daw840

ph33nix said:
we got some crew games last night in. one team we played was all 7'6 with 99 maxed

LOL, you can create a character in crew games?!?

We should all create bad asses and play with them.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Yeah, I've got two games left and should be available tonight after 9:30PM Eastern Time, as I usually am
under normal circumstances.

Between two sick kids taking turns projectile-vomiting over the past two days, and trying to squeeze in church, work, and family responsibilities along with Valentine's Day yesterday, stuff has been crazy. Life happens, and while I understand that it would be ideal to check in every day, sometimes that's just not even on my radar.

I can try to make more of an effort to touch base in the thread each day, though.

charsace

For crew games you need:
99 speed, quickness, ball security, defensive and offensive awareness, steals, blocks, 3 point, dunking, rebounding...

You basically need quiet a few 99 rating. My guy has 95 speed and 91 quicks, and 85 ball security and the guys we played would steal the ball if you didn't use iso motion. They really need to fix crew.

Smokey

charsace said:
For crew games you need:
99 speed, quickness, ball security, defensive and offensive awareness, steals, blocks, 3 point, dunking, rebounding...

You basically need quiet a few 99 rating. My guy has 95 speed and 91 quicks, and 85 ball security and the guys we played would steal the ball if you didn't use iso motion. They really need to fix crew.

At this point, especially w/ Wang back..they've probably just moved on to 2k11.

my player mode is long term project for 2k. expect bigger and better things for that mode.
just a couple from what i've been told that are being talked about.
you can challenge other crews.
more in depth myplayer preferences (nearly impossible to reach 99)
and real-time myplayer aging.

first things first though. upgrade your 10yr old servers 2k.:lol

Smokey

viakado said:
my player mode is long term project for 2k. expect bigger and better things for that mode.
just a couple from what i've been told that are being talked about.
you can challenge other crews.
more in depth myplayer preferences.
and real-time myplayer aging.

my player...working correctly?

did they mention that?

of course not

Smokey said:
my player...working correctly?

did they mention that?

of course not
my player works internally for them. they have their own private server for beta testings.
blame their 10yr old servers. yes the same one they've been using for the dreamcast.:lol

Smokey

viakado said:
my player works internally for them. they have their own private server for beta testings.
blame their 10yr old servers. yes the same one they've been using for the dreamcast.:lol

When I read that in the interview..I had to re-read it about 3 times or so to make sure what I was seeing was correct. That's horseshit.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
konex /(Cloud2k)/Bobcats
rjnavarrete/(RJeezy Von Z)/Suns

Either of you around to get a game in right now? I've got an hour or two ... if one of you jump online, grab me. I'll be killing some time with Dragon Age until then.

Otherwise, after 9:30PM ET. Hawks owner here. Anachronous1GAF on AIM.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I think ive had like 2 games so far where i couldnt hit shit. Frustrating but it happens to everyone

WITNESS2K9 said:
send me trade request, i would need to give u a throw in player tho
bro, turn on your private messaging function.

click on the "User CP". near the top of this page>>"Edit Options">>>tick on "enable Private Messaging"

Top Bottom