• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K10 GAF Season IX Thread of Meltdowns and Sweet Tears

pilonv1

that was no better/wose than any other games ive played in the league lag wise. its not that different to the local games ive played.

still my team is fucking useless

Smokey

large_nets20magic20trade20basketball.jpg

+

282_tracy-mcgrady-yao-ming_62143.jpg

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Someone needs to give McGrady a hard foul and put him out of commission.

Tracy = 25 durability, get to work folks!

pilonv1

I've instructed someone to put a standard pedestal fan behind the Rockets bench. When T-Mac gets up to take off his warmups and enter the game he'll be knocked over by the force of the fan and blow out his knee.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
close enough.

When does this bitch advance? I only have the Grizz left on my schedule. So my week is done

Well most people in the league are pretty close to being done...with the exception of the Cavs, Wizards, and the Grizzlies have 3 games left too. I don't know what Spaniard's situation is since he hasn't posted here and nobody has played him in a while...

smokey get on aim if you can

Smokey

CB3 said:
these advance times are too long. Who other than the Grizz are holding this up

7 1/2 days is too long for 5 games?

Because that's what this round has been, we advanced to this week last wednesday.

Smokey

The Magic have backed out of its trade deal with the Rockets at the last minute.

Boooooooooo

But, his refusal of the trade actually makes the Rockets stronger :lol

Smokey

I just wanna say, hunter is talkin' mad shit about all of you right now. He called all of you chumps and then some.

He's also 'attempting' to trash talk me, although everytime he hypes himself up and runs a scrim it only leads to the Rockets being a group of "f******"

ecnal

how is chars still taking double digit shots with a player that has a 0 consistency rating? :lol

and konex, you can't trade crash--he's your highest rated player.

pilonv1 said:
I think I'm going to start all my 50 rated players next game. Jon Brockman and Sean May will be an unstoppable back court.

john brockman isnt really that bad of a player, he is a beast on the boards, just give him some minutes

daw840

pilonv1 said:
Amazing, I've had like 15 attempts in 9 games. How the hell are you getting 20+ attempts?

I honestly don't know. Maybe star players like Pierce, Allen, and Garnettt draw more fouls than others. Maybe its a hidden stat somewhere....

ecnal

daw840 said:
I honestly don't know. Maybe star players like Pierce, Allen, and Garnettt draw more fouls than others. Maybe its a hidden stat somewhere....

tendency to get to the line--i don't think that's what it's actually called, but there is a stat that regulates FT attempts.

pilonv1, attack the rim with kmart. he has one of the highest FT tendencies of any player.

Smokey

ecnal said:
tendency to get to the line--i don't think that's what it's actually called, but there is a stat that regulates FT attempts.

pilonv1, attack the rim with kmart. he has one of the highest FT tendencies of any player.

how the fuck do you know about these stats?

do you work for 2k? are you an insider?

i want answers

pilonv1

ecnal said:

It's a hard habit to break. Years of not wanting to play like a cheeser has made me shy away from attacking the rim with perimeter players.

As for Jon Brockman being a "beast", his rebounding numbers are 75 (off) and 61 (def). That still qualifies him as the third best rebounder on my team (Kenny Thomas is 76/73).

ecnal

Smokey said:
how the fuck do you know about these stats?

do you work for 2k? are you an insider?

i want answers

:lol

there was a list somewhere, maybe on operation sports.

just google something like 'nba 2k10 player tendencies' or something, you'll find it.

i think there is a mode in association where you can look at player tendencies too (?).

there are all kinds of hidden stats, just look @ the league website @ player info versus the player stats given in the trade analyzer. ALL kinds of 'hidden' stuff.

daw840

pilonv1 said:
It's a hard habit to break. Years of not wanting to play like a cheeser has made me shy away from attacking the rim with perimeter players.

As for Jon Brockman being a "beast", his rebounding numbers are 75 (off) and 61 (def). That still qualifies him as the third best rebounder on my team (Kenny Thomas is 76/73).

It's not cheese attacking the paint. I try to use the paint to get my star players going at first, then once Allen or Pierce starts to get rollin I start shooting outside of the paint. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. My goal is to have about 36-38 PIP by the start of the 4th quarter. That way I can take the high percentage shots in the 4th.

Smokey

pilonv1 said:

:lol

Attacking the basket does not make you a cheeser.

Shooting 56 shots w/ one player might though!

pilonv1

daw840 said:
It's not cheese attacking the paint. I try to use the paint to get my star players going at first, then once Allen or Pierce starts to get rollin I start shooting outside of the paint. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. My goal is to have about 36-38 PIP by the start of the 4th quarter. That way I can take the high percentage shots in the 4th.

As I said it's just habit from not trying to play like a cheeser and also from using the Warriors where I had a bunch of awesome shooters and could play some interesting lineups.

My PIP have been going up but they're still shockingly low. Going to work on that with Evans next round.

my game with dmczaf dc'ed (i know its my end, cause my roommates xbox turned off too)

was up 6 points with 30 seconds left shooting 2 free throws....

Top Bottom