• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K10 GAF Season IX Thread of Meltdowns and Sweet Tears

pheenix and azn lets finish it up tomorrow for sure. Prob gonna fall asleep after the game tonight. Its been a hectic week...aside from some scrims with smokey the other day I've been falling asleep after work pretty much every night.

PLAYOFFS

daw840

ph33nix said:
we might sim the rest of the round and go straight to the playoffs tonight

Why?

You guys said Friday. I think DCX is my only real opponent left though. 3 of my games are already going to be simmed. At least let us get our game in tomorrow.

Smokey

PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS ARE HERE. SHIT JUST GOT REAL

Here we go:

Rockets
Hornets

Cavs
Heat
:lol

Nuggets
Knicks

Mavs
Celtics

Blazers
Wizards (raging)

Raptors
Magic

Spurs
Hawks

Lakers
Suns (pilon)

Now I'm aware that Suns and Wiz don't have owners, so here's what we'll do to fix that. Pilon will get the Suns, and Raging will get the Wizards.

aznpxdd

Smokey said:

Here we go:

Rockets
Hornets

Cavs
Heat

Nuggets
Knicks

Mavs
Celtics

Blazers
Wizards (raging)

Raptors
Magic

Spurs
Hawks

Lakers
Suns (pilon)

Now I'm aware that Suns and Wiz don't have owners, so here's what we'll do to fix that. Pilon will get the Suns, and Raging will get the Wizards.

Uh oh, lets see what happens when Pilon gets a real team. I smell upset.

charsace

Smokey said:

Here we go:

Rockets
Hornets

Cavs
Heat

Nuggets
Knicks

Mavs
Celtics

Blazers
Wizards (raging)

Raptors
Magic

Spurs
Hawks

Lakers
Suns (pilon)

Rigged. Dcx is a tough opponent and I end up playing him. DCX you around?

pilonv1

:lol oh shit. I don't know what to make of this.

I cant play till Sunday, going away with the gf for my birthday. Will be back on Sunday and have a week off work to fuck shit up. No time zone problems there.

At least I have Donte Green #2 in Frye.

:lol Nash out for another 9 games too

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Ah, cool, who the fuck is in the Wiz after all these trades? :lol

Edit: Holy shit, even their worst player is better than one of my starters on the Griz :lol :lol :lol

pilonv1

Its like that for me too. I now have six players rated as good or better than my third best player on the Kings. Plus I was starting two guys in the 60s. Amazing!

Smokey

haha it's like 2k xmas for you two lol

first two games of rox/hornets series are complete..rox lead series 2-0. we head to NO for the next 3 games.

good games nightz

Smokey

ph33nix said:
miami/cleveland will be put on halt because azn decided that real life is more important than 2k playoffs

SMFH

I actually think it's because how luck would have it he plays you in the playoffs after talking noise, and he needs to gather himself.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Cerrius, hit me on AIM or drop me a PM. I can run most any night after 9:30-10PM ET, and sometimes can play during the day, as I have a pretty flexible lunch hour.

aznpxdd

Smokey said:
I actually think it's because how luck would have it he plays you in the playoffs after talking noise, and he needs to gather himself.

I gotta let Pheeniks have another couple more days before humiliation.

ROOKIE vs. CHOKE ARTIST

I just hope you don't LeBron the fuck out of the chatroom again this time.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Smokey said:
Watch pilon completely murder viakado.
viakado said:
viakado: "This is Smokey's last stand after this season. After this, he will face over a decade of irrelevance just like his beloved Rockets. And vidako will rule with an incorruptable iron fist of fairness and justice.
me: that's it?
viakado: well
viakado: hmmm
viakado: needs more punch, eh?
me: nah, just making sure this was your entire diatribe
viakado: "PS- Ecnal will get rocked like a slut high school girl in fratboy party"
viakado: scratch that
viakado: "Ps-Ecnal will rock Smokey like a high school slut in a frat boy party"
viakado: ...in the finals
/gauntletthrown?

Smokey

why anybody would take somebody seriously who let a player (who's not even a superstar) drop 45+ on him more than once in a season .

what's that?

oh yeah, NOBODY.

daw840

Smokey said:
why would anybody would take somebody seriously who let a player (who's not even a superstar) drop 45+ on him more than once in a season .

what's that?

oh yeah, NOBODY.
HALO.gif

pilonv1

Smokey said:
Watch pilon completely murder viakado.

This is a lot of pressure. I do have some actual NBA players now though.

I did end the season with 5 straight wins though

the last 3 were simmed

Smokey

If you get that stupid ass glitch where your game doesn't work..try doing a custom challenge in the lobby instead of going to challenge opponent. Custom challenge still has the same settings as league settings, but your stats and stuff won't get recorded obviously and you'll need to come back here and post the winner of the games so I can update the matchup. The format for games up until the finals is 2-2-1-1-1.

Try this for a workaround of 2k's stellar programming in 2k10.

charsace

Glitch owned me so this is it for me. Next year these fucking thieves won't see one fucking cent from me no matter what the price. I'm just glad I got this for $45. Weeks of play and trades down the shitter.

2k for life.

Smokey

it's a wrap men. shit is broken.

i tried 4x earlier w/ chars and 2x with nightz.

freezes each time.

weeks and weeks of trades and games for no fucking reason.

fuck you 2k this is garbage

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Should have f-ing traded it in for $40 when I did *sigh*

This shit better come out for $20 or below at launch next season, anyone who pays full price again is a tard.

Smokey

Matrix said:
Should have f-ing traded it in for $40 when I did *sigh*

This shit better come out for $20 or below at launch next season, anyone who pays full price again is a tard.

Whoever pays full price for games period is a tard..i can't remember the last time I did so.

but yup

who knows about 2k11

pilonv1

RT @Future23@Ronnie2K hey I heard some rumblings that nba2k10 leagues haven't been able to start playoffs->Options>manage rosters>reset

WTF

So reset rosters to default? Trades are useless online then?

edit: ITS TRUE

@SimmersLeague Load the roster from when you created the league and it should sort you out. Same goes for any NBA league freezing.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol FUCKING HOPELESS. THIS IS WHY THEY TOOK THE FA SCRIPT AWAY

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

Matrix

HAHA if I had my copy still I would have done that as well. God how awesome would it be if you all did that and the news spread.

Top Bottom