• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K11 Season 10 Xbox 360 League Thread of Hope and Redemption

Smokey

Bucks - 0
Mavs - 1

Bulls - 0
Pacers - 3

Clippers - 3
Pistons - 0

Heat - 2
Rockets - 3

Hornets - 2
Spurs - 0

Knicks - 2
Thunder - 1

Lakers - 1
Warriors - 0

Magic - 1
Wizards - 0

Nightz

Smokey said:
Hornets - 2
Spurs - 0
Sanjuro and I might not be able to finish our series by tomorrow. He's doing stuff for midterms today, and I'll be getting home late from work tomorrow. We'll see if we can play tomorrow night, but if not, we'll leave it up to you to decide how to proceed.

Smokey

WITNESS2K9 said:
wait, then when does the actual season start?:lol

I originally wanted it on wed, but I'd like to finish this tourney first to see where to go on the sliders and other settings before I set them for the league.

Nightz said:
Sanjuro and I might not be able to finish our series by tomorrow. He's doing stuff for midterms today, and I'll be getting home late from work tomorrow. We'll see if we can play tomorrow night, but if not, we'll leave it up to you to decide how to proceed.

That's cool, just give it a try if possible.

daw840

So, I just beat the first two Jordan challenges. Tons of fun I must say...I hope it doesn't spoil me playing with MJ!:lol

Smokey

daw840 said:
So, I just beat the first two Jordan challenges. Tons of fun I must say...I hope it doesn't spoil me playing with MJ!:lol

it was an adjustment to me at first...going from God mode in the game back to a regular team:lol

Smokey said:
it was an adjustment to me at first...going from God mode in the game back to a regular team:lol

michael-jordan-drunk-dance.jpg

:lol

ecnal

Smokey said:
I originally wanted it on wed, but I'd like to finish this tourney first to see where to go on the sliders and other settings before I set them for the league.

might also be beneficial to wait for the first patch. unless, of course, the patch is way too far out.

darkfaze, you around? kinda late for east coast, but checking anyways...

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
ecnal said:
might also be beneficial to wait for the first patch. unless, of course, the patch is way too far out.

darkfaze, you around? kinda late for east coast, but checking anyways...
I haven't been following the patch info closely --- how far out are they projecting it to be?

Birdman02

Truelize said:
Birdman you around? I am available for a game or two tonight here. I will be on Live.

Sorry man. I had a rough night last night. I'll be around all day unless I get called into work, but I'm sure you probably have to work today.

I'll be watching the Rangers tonight, so I'm not sure how we're gonna knock out these games....unless you can play after baseball.

ecnal

anachronous_one said:
I haven't been following the patch info closely --- how far out are they projecting it to be?

not sure, but it appears that wang/jones, as usual, are taking community complaints from the OS patch thread and trying to get them thrown into the patch.

i'm fine with waiting, but if the patch is too far out, i'd also be willing to go ahead with the league once the tourney is finished.

there are definitely going to be some nice gameplay fixes if the OS patch thread is any kind of indication. just waiting for the spin/hop-step dunk fix would be worth it IMO. there are also discussions of reverting the post up controls back to 2k9/2k10.

either way, i definitely think we should wait till the first major roster update is released. according to ronnie, it will be released around opening day--so next week some time. i believe there are still some missing players (do the pacers have lance stephenson yet?), and i believe there are still actual updates to player ratings to come--did they ever upgrade durant's overall?

edit: looking @ the league website, it actually appears that they may have already made adjustments to certain players (yao now has 25 speed/vert/defense), and most players (durant, dwight, etc) got a couple points boost in their overall compared to the rosters that shipped with the game. still don't see lance stephenson, so there may be other missing players...

oh ya, for the patch, it will supposedly include the ability to save your settings (playbooks, coach settings, etc) for online/league. that would be a huge bonus as well.

ecnal said:
oh ya, for the patch, it will supposedly include the ability to save your settings (playbooks, coach settings, etc) for online/league. that would be a huge bonus as well.

tbh i have no idea how the fuck this wasn't already in

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
ecnal said:
not sure, but it appears that wang/jones, as usual, are taking community complaints from the OS patch thread and trying to get them thrown into the patch.

i'm fine with waiting, but if the patch is too far out, i'd also be willing to go ahead with the league once the tourney is finished.

there are definitely going to be some nice gameplay fixes if the OS patch thread is any kind of indication. just waiting for the spin/hop-step dunk fix would be worth it IMO. there are also discussions of reverting the post up controls back to 2k9/2k10.

either way, i definitely think we should wait till the first major roster update is released. according to ronnie, it will be released around opening day--so next week some time. i believe there are still some missing players (do the pacers have lance stephenson yet?), and i believe there are still actual updates to player ratings to come--did they ever upgrade durant's overall?

edit: looking @ the league website, it actually appears that they may have already made adjustments to certain players (yao now has 25 speed/vert/defense), and most players (durant, dwight, etc) got a couple points boost in their overall compared to the rosters that shipped with the game. still don't see lance stephenson, so there may be other missing players...

Yeah, I thought all roster/rating stuff was being handled via NBA Today/Living Rosters. Didn't even realize there were any "roster updates" any more.

ph33nix said:
tbh i have no idea how the fuck this wasn't already in
that should've been implemented 10 years ago.
am i a lazy fuck for never pausing the game before tip-off and never changing the coaching settings?
i hate the fact i had to do this every fucking single time.

ecnal

viakado said:
that should've been implemented 10 years ago.
am i a lazy fuck for never pausing the game before tip-off and never changing the coaching settings?
i hate the fact i had to do this every fucking single time.

it has been in past 2K games.

it worked in 2k9, and it was in 2k10 but it never worked.

anachronous_one said:
Yeah, I thought all roster/rating stuff was being handled via NBA Today/Living Rosters. Didn't even realize there were any "roster updates" any more.

ya, but 2K's living roster/nba today stuff isn't an automatic update based on real stats like Live's DNA. they post an insider blog once a week during the season that documents all of the changes that occur in the subsequent living roster update--meaning 2K is still manually editing players according to real life performances and/or community feedback.

Hey Smokey fall back! Give us until the morning because it's rare if any second round teams are going to roll right off the bat tonight!

Me and Ecnal have unfinished biness! Hey Ecnal lets run this thing!

Smokey

Dark FaZe said:
Hey Smokey fall back! Give us until the morning because it's rare if any second round teams are going to roll right off the bat tonight!

Me and Ecnal have unfinished biness! Hey Ecnal lets run this thing!

fair enough

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Birdman02 said:
Sorry man. I had a rough night last night. I'll be around all day unless I get called into work, but I'm sure you probably have to work today.

I'll be watching the Rangers tonight, so I'm not sure how we're gonna knock out these games....unless you can play after baseball.

I'm mountain time so I can play at least one game. If I win we play another to get the tie breaker. If I lose, you win the bracket.

Message me on AIM if you can when you are available.

ecnal

ok darkfaze and i are done, gg's faze.

i swear that last game i was getting 2K'd hard as fuck.

wall goes insane god mode and mcgee goes yao ming and is grabbing offensive boards through the glass :lol

gg's tho, well played.

Birdman02

Truelize said:
I'm mountain time so I can play at least one game. If I win we play another to get the tie breaker. If I lose, you win the bracket.

Message me on AIM if you can when you are available.

I'm around now. I sent you a message on AIM, but just in case you see this first.

ecnal said:
ok darkfaze and i are done, gg's faze.

i swear that last game i was getting 2K'd hard as fuck.

wall goes insane god mode and mcgee goes yao ming and is grabbing offensive boards through the glass :lol

gg's tho, well played.

I think Smokey had the right idea the first time around! I liked it better when Shard couldn't hit anything :(

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
thecoldone33 11:26 pm
(11:26:31 PM): do you wanna finish this 2k series
thecoldone33 11:26 pm
(11:26:39 PM): apparently round 2 starts tomorrow
Luke 11:27 pm
(11:27:29 PM): nah just have smokey advance you
thecoldone33 11:27 pm
(11:27:34 PM): ok

ecnal

CB, will you be able to get a game or two in tonight?

i'll probably be available sometime around 630 pm PST.

Smokey

Pacers
Mavs

Rockets
Clippers

Thunder
Hornets

Magic
Lakers

Let's try and get this round done by Friday. If before then, even better.

DCX

DCX
The Knicks and Pacers have come to agreement on a trade in principle.

The Knicks send:

wilson-chandler-thumb-300x450.jpg

F Wilson Chandler

Anthony-Randolph-mad.jpg

F Anthony Randolph
150SL_walker.jpg

C/F Bill Walker

The Pacers send:

Indiana+Pacers+v+Dallas+Mavericks+WUz-EN8I2Pol.jpg

G Brandon Rush

Indiana+Pacers+v+Boston+Celtics+oaCdcfdOzYBl.jpg

PG TJ Ford