• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K11 Season 10 Xbox 360 League Thread of Hope and Redemption

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
LukeSmith said:
Scoring seems low in these games, what's going on

Also concerning to me how giant of a leap it is from offline to online, the input latency is not insignificant. I'm assuming that's par for the 2k course? Kind of sours me on online.

Finally someone else notices it. I have been horrible online so far.

HUGE input lag.

DCX

DCX
Truelize said:

HUGE input lag.
Meh... 47% from the field and 35% from three. I have been crappy at the line..in a couple of attempts.

DCX

ecnal

ecnal said:
ok i just got home dark faze, i can get a game in ~10min

shiiiieeeet gonna need at least an hour, something came up.

no big deal if we can't play tonight -- i'll definitely be around tomorrow

Smokey

Don't think I've posted this but here are the adjusted sim sliders for the tourney:

Inside shot - 47
close shot - 47
mid range - 49
3pt - 47
layup success - 48
dunk in traffic success - 43
driving contact shot freq - 70
inside shot contact freq - 70
steal success - 40
offensive rebounding - 40
fatigue rate - 44
injury severity - 45

Every round except finals is best of 5. Finals is best of 7.

ecnal

these sliders blow or the lag is unreal online, which has not been my experience up to this point.

neither of us hit a single shot with anyone outside arenas/vc (their releases are literally tapping x, so latency is no issue).

Jumpshot feedback is available online other the presentation setting! Nice find ecnal and good game.

This should be useful for people to see if those effed up shot releases missed because of timing/lag or just....2k.

Birdman02

Truelize said:

HUGE input lag.

Can you play in like 20 minutes? After watching that atrocious 8th inning, I'm good and pissed off and need to let out some anger!!!

i don't know what sliders i played on with ecnal and cb but i thought they were pretty good. kept getting it close but then i kept missing shots when i would come back :(

kobe raped me as expected but shanon brown was the reason i lost. should have never let you get the lead with kobe out!

LukeSmith

Mrbob said:
There will be an icon on the screen with each jump shot which shows if you made the jumper with that player properly.

Is there a key somewhere, those graphics it puts up on screen don't seem very helpful

LukeSmith said:
Is there a key somewhere, those graphics it puts up on screen don't seem very helpful

3 parts to it:

if its red and shows the ball in front of you, you were early
if its green and shows the ball right above you, it was a good release
if its red and shows the ball behind your head, it was late

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Birdman02 said:
Can you play in like 20 minutes? After watching that atrocious 8th inning, I'm good and pissed off and need to let out some anger!!!

Was watching a movie with my wife. Army of Darkness. It was her first time :D

Maybe tomorrow night we can get some games in. Look for me on Live or hit me AIM.

My AIM name is Truelize

Smokey

LukeSmith said:
At least in Madden when I press a button on my controller, the action occurs in game. Ridiculous:lol

Explain, what is your issue? Maybe it's because I've played so much 2k in the past, but honestly I don't feel there is a very big difference in online and offline play. I naturally release my shot a little earlier than offline but not by much, and Isomotion is always pretty responsive for me..

:shrug

And pheeniks I hope you stop duckin me tomorrow.

Smokey said:
Explain, what is your issue? Maybe it's because I've played so much 2k in the past, but honestly I don't feel there is a very big difference in online and offline play. I naturally release my shot a little earlier than offline but not by much, and Isomotion is always pretty responsive for me..

:shrug

And pheeniks I hope you stop duckin me tomorrow.

Ducking you? Fuck you I've messaged you and tried playing you three nights in a row and I either get ignored or you message me 5 hours later when I'm not on and say "I was on!"

I even told you on night one, after you pussied out to go play Bob, that I likely wouldn't get to play Saturday because of shit I had to do. so I kindly tried making time and now you're trying to swing this shit on me?

get%20the%20fuck%20out.jpg

Shurs

Mrbob said:
There will be an icon on the screen with each jump shot which shows if you made the jumper with that player properly.

I wish that, instead of the indicator, it gave the same feedback (using words) we get during free throws.

Shurs

FrenchMovieTheme said:
3 parts to it:

if its red and shows the ball in front of you, you were early
if its green and shows the ball right above you, it was a good release
if its red and shows the ball behind your head, it was late

I thought it was ball in front of you meant you were late, ball behind meant you were early.

Smokey

ph33nix said:
Ducking you? Fuck you I've messaged you and tried playing you three nights in a row and I either get ignored or you message me 5 hours later when I'm not on and say "I was on!"

I even told you on night one, after you pussied out to go play Bob, that I likely wouldn't get to play Saturday because of shit I had to do. so I kindly tried making time and now you're trying to swing this shit on me?

get%20the%20fuck%20out.jpg

Bitch when you got on XBL yesterday I was on, but was away from my computer. You got off and on twice, you could've sent a message saying "2k", I was playing Reach. Instead you bombard my AIM when I'm pretty sure you clearly saw I was online!

Shurs

Yo, Smokey.

Are you setting up the league on the 20th, or are we playing our first games starting on that day?

ecnal

2K taking shots @ sonics fans:

Game: 1 @ NY 62-58
Game: 2 @ NY 63-61
Game: 3 @ SEA 52-31
Game: 4 @ SEA
Game: 5 @ NY

that's the bracket info for DCX/bob's series (knicks vs thunder) :lol :lol

darkfaze: i don't think im gonna be around tonight... tomorrow is not looking good either. if smokey advances the round before we can finish the series, take the wins.

if i'm around ill aim/xbl msg/post here.

DCX

DCX
ecnal said:

darkfaze: i don't think im gonna be around tonight... tomorrow is not looking good either. if smokey advances the round before we can finish the series, take the wins.

I saw the same thing, just thought it was my eyes LOL

DCX

Damn that would be a shame if we couldn't finish up ecnal. You already have a win against me and I was the one who chose not to finish it when we had a chance last night, so go ahead and take the wins if we don't get a shot to finish. I'll keep my AIM active as long as I can over the next couple of days though so hopefully we'll get a chance to finish this legit.

Smokey

Shurs said:
Yo, Smokey.

Are you setting up the league on the 20th, or are we playing our first games starting on that day?

I wanted to launch it by then, but the tourney is taking longer than expected.

I'll set deadline for this round of games to be end of Monday, so we can get it moving.

ecnal said:

can you get it in by monday?

DMczaf

I have to bail on the tournament, sorry. I'm still in for the league, but this week is a nightmare for me. I have 4 exams in the next week, and I need all the study time I can get. My schedule is just ugh til after these tests are done.

ay we gotta fix the sliders before the tourney

There is no excuse for turning down mid or 3pt shots. You can't punish open looks...the very fact that you are playing online might as well be a minus 2 or 3 in those categories by default due to lag.

I also think inside shots should be turned up a point or two as well...it's frustrating getting penetration and an open look only to have it rim out as some time of 2k9 anti cheese defense...dynamic pip already defends against that.

I also don't know if jumpshot feedback is working in league...just accepted a custom from pheenix and it wasn't on but as soon as i exited it was set to on in the menu...

Vestal

Smokey I'm gona have to forfeit my spot in the tourney. My daughter is sick and I Gota take care of her the next few days. I'll be available for the season but not the tourney my appologize to witness for leaving him hanging

Vestal said:
Smokey I'm gona have to forfeit my spot in the tourney. My daughter is sick and I Gota take care of her the next few days. I'll be available for the season but not the tourney my appologize to witness for leaving him hanging

nah its koo, im ready for the actual league anyway

ecnal

Smokey said:
I wanted to launch it by then, but the tourney is taking longer than expected.

I'll set deadline for this round of games to be end of Monday, so we can get it moving.

can you get it in by monday?

i can get the series finished monday night at the latest... i may have free time tomorrow, but it's not looking good at the moment.

Top Bottom