• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K11 Season 10 Xbox 360 League Thread of Hope and Redemption

Smokey said:
TOURNAMENT IS LIVE, HERE ARE THE MATCHUPS THAT 2K SPIT OUT

Bucks (Truelize)
Mavs (Birdman)

Bulls (Dmczaf)
Pacers (Baby Milo)

Clippers (WITNESS2K9)
Pistons (Vestal)

Heat ( pheeniks)
Rockets (Smokey)

------

Hornets (Nightz)
Spurs (Sanjuro)

Knicks (DCX)
Thunder (mrBob)

Lakers (CB3)
Warriors (LUKKKKKKE)

Magic (ecnal)
Wizards (dark faze)

GO GO GO

i knew i smelled a first round virgin in here.

ecnal

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

phaze, you wana get a game in around 1030 pst?

otherwise i'll be available tomorrow after about 730 pst.

Birdman02

GG True. The 2nd qtr was the difference....it felt like I couldn't miss and you were ice cold.

It was nice to see the Mavs with some front court depth thanks to the latest roster update. I've been playing this whole time with Dirk as my only PF. Novak will make an excellent backup....at least in the game, probably not in real life.

So of course out of every single team in the league I have to go up against the one player that can completely neutralize John Wall in Dwight Howard.

SMH

10:30 pst in 1 in the morning for me tonight...which is a maybe. I'll check back in for an answer.

ecnal

Dark FaZe said:
So of course out of every single team in the league I have to go up against the one player that can completely neutralize John Wall in Dwight Howard.

SMH

10:30 pst in 1 in the morning for me tonight...which is a maybe. I'll check back in for an answer.

ill be around tonight either @ ~5 pm PST or ~7 pm PST.

ill post when i'm around.

ecnal said:
problems with the league already?

bird/true's game still shows in progress...
i dont know if this will help, but on the 2ksports league page under the admin button, there's an option to sync teams if stats/records are not correct. smokey can even assign people to be admins. perhaps co-commishes?

ecnal

could just be 2K's servers being slow because, in the series overview below the bracket, it already shows the points leaders in the series--meaning the game has registered as completed.

this happened a few times last year as well--games taking, occasionally, 24 hours to register on the site.

wouldn't be surprising because i've tried to upload videos/screenshots and it took 3 days for a single video to show up on 2K's site.

the smokester will figure it out.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Birdman02 said:
GG True. The 2nd qtr was the difference....it felt like I couldn't miss and you were ice cold.

It was nice to see the Mavs with some front court depth thanks to the latest roster update. I've been playing this whole time with Dirk as my only PF. Novak will make an excellent backup....at least in the game, probably not in real life.

It was a good game. Your style is fun to play against. But I couldn't have been less into that game last night. I have only played two games online so far with this game and I just don't like it. The single player game is so good this year that it makes the online seems like garbage.

I don't think I'm interested in relearning the release of everyone on my team so I can compete online. We shall see. I will play out our tournament bracket then I will likely bow out of 2k leagues.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Out of curiosity, since I don't see it detailed in the OP, are there restrictions on double-teaming this year? It seems like in years past there was some kind of rule restricting it, similar to the full court pressure rule. Now that you can actually set it up in the defensive settings for online games this year, as well as calling for a DT on the fly as you've always been able to, I was considering exploring the effectiveness of the double-team on particular players.

So is a defensive strategy that includes a double team/trap in the half court setting considered cheese or no cheese?

anachronous_one said:
Out of curiosity, since I don't see it detailed in the OP, are there restrictions on double-teaming this year? It seems like in years past there was some kind of rule restricting it, similar to the full court pressure rule. Now that you can actually set it up in the defensive settings for online games this year, as well as calling for a DT on the fly as you've always been able to, I was considering exploring the effectiveness of the double-team on particular players.

So is a defensive strategy that includes a double team/trap in the half court setting considered cheese or no cheese?

I really don't think we should look that hard into that. if someone chooses to double you, then identify it quickly and find the hole in the defense....I don't think there's any "i got double teamed instantly and now i'm going to lose the ball because 2k fucking sucks" this year

Yeah other than against post players I don't find doubles to be that strong this year.

Hell I set Dominique to be doubled anytime he had the ball and the double never seemed to come until he came close to the paint.

Smokey

The effectiveness of double teams is not nearly as exploitable as in past 2k's (2k8-2k9). They still work, but not to the cheese level of previous titles so it's ok in my book.

phennnnnniks!

When we dancin

Smokey

ecnal and cb3 you two have admin rights to reset games etc. I just had to reset the Mavs/Bucks game because it appeared to be stuck, even though the Mavs won. After the games please exit the game proper and dont just shut your machine off, to see if that will stop the 'game in progress issue'.

DCX

DCX
Smokey said:
ecnal and cb3 you two have admin rights to reset games etc. I just had to reset the Mavs/Bucks game because it appeared to be stuck, even though the Mavs won. After the games please exit the game proper and dont just shut your machine off, to see if that will stop the 'game in progress issue'.
Excuse me..my modness is awaiting...

DCX

ecnal

okay im here dark faze.

i can play one right now, but i'll have to break for 30 min afterward if you want to get game 2 in tonight as well.

no big deal if you can't play tonight. i can probably get a game or two in tomorrow and i'll be available most of sat.

Smokey said:
The effectiveness of double teams is not nearly as exploitable as in past 2k's (2k8-2k9). They still work, but not to the cheese level of previous titles so it's ok in my book.

phennnnnniks!

When we dancin

I'm pretty sure we discussed this yesterday after you fucking pussied out and went to play Bob even though I was right here when you advanced the tournament.

Smokey

ph33nix said:
I'm pretty sure we discussed this yesterday after you fucking pussied out and went to play Bob even though I was right here when you advanced the tournament.

fuck you

we play tomorrow

Birdman02

True, you wanna knock out game 2 tonight?

Looks like Kidd almost got a triple-double in the simmed game. 7 pts, 10 reb, 12 ast...I hope I can put up those numbers with him.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Birdman02 said:
True, you wanna knock out game 2 tonight?

Looks like Kidd almost got a triple-double in the simmed game. 7 pts, 10 reb, 12 ast...I hope I can put up those numbers with him.

I exited the game properly I'm sure of it. I even just went back to played My Player mode afterwards.

Smokey

Truelize said:
I exited the game properly I'm sure of it. I even just went back to played My Player mode afterwards.

I wasn't accusing your or anything, more like a FYI because that can make it the 'game in progress' status happen.

ph33nix said:
you did it again tonight too

Don't worry you will get your chance soon.

ecnal said:
okay im here dark faze.

i can play one right now, but i'll have to break for 30 min afterward if you want to get game 2 in tonight as well.

no big deal if you can't play tonight. i can probably get a game or two in tomorrow and i'll be available most of sat.

Yeah we'll hopefully get some games in tonight. I can play after 6pm PST and if not then we'll definitely finish it Saturday.

ecnal

Smokey said:
Remember to familiarize yourself with the rules in the OP!

Points in the Paint:

The total amount of PIP that is allowed per game is dynamic. Whatever your final score ends up being, you cannot score more than 50% of those points from the paint. This rule has always been in the 2K leagues, but previously it was a static number.

This season I've switched it to dynamic to avoid situations of people pounding the ball in the paint 3/4 of the game to the PIP limit, and then shooting nothing but jumpers for the remainder of the game.

*If you go above the dynamic PIP limit, it is an automatic loss*

The total amount of PIP that is allowed per game is dynamic. Whatever your final score ends up being, you cannot score more than 50% of those points from the paint.

you cannot score more than 50% of those points from the paint

fuck playing with randoms online :/
i posted in the nba 2K11 thread that two people quit.

my gamertag is KILLERC0MB0

yes it's all caps and the 0 are zeros.

NBA-GAF will crush me, i play terribly lol

Smokey

damn at DCX v Bob game 3 (3rd qtr):

knicks 22 22 2
thunder 9 8 5

:O

what is going on bob, did that game 2 dagger take that much out of you:lol

DCX

DCX
Smokey said:

knicks 22 22 2
thunder 9 8 5

Only to get d/c. He said it was ok to assign that win...if only i could get into 2k :/

DCX

Smokey

DCX said:
Only to get d/c. He said it was ok to assign that win...if only i could get into 2k :/

DCX

pretty shitty. you should have admin rights so you should be able to assign the win.

don't do it on the tournament tree page...that will assign a win for the entire series. to do individual game there should be a tab somewhere that says settings, manage schedule or something like that..go to your series find the game and assign it.

LukeSmith

Scoring seems low in these games, what's going on

Also concerning to me how giant of a leap it is from offline to online, the input latency is not insignificant. I'm assuming that's par for the 2k course? Kind of sours me on online.

DCX

DCX
LukeSmith said:
Scoring seems low in these games, what's going on

Also concerning to me how giant of a leap it is from offline to online, the input latency is not insignificant. I'm assuming that's par for the 2k course? Kind of sours me on online.
It's a blend of defense and getting used to the sig shots online.

DCX

Mrbob

Smokey said:

knicks 22 22 2
thunder 9 8 5

Hahaha it sure looks like it! Durant hit a 3 at the end of the game damn it! :lol Damn Ref calling it a two and costing me a chance at a win in OT. Came out ice cold in game three...timing confuses me still with players I need to get it down online! Makes the game frustrating to play at times but I'm still having fun trying to learn. I figure I'll get the timing down eventually! I had this amazing stretch in the third quarter of game two where I was just in the zone. I went from down 4 to like a 9 point lead. I was getting everyone in the flow of the game hitting with everyone who was open. That is how I need to play unfortunately I couldn't sustain that intensity and had the 4th quarter collapsed (plus ref screw job!).

I also need to learn the nuances of my role players. If Westbrook or Durant don't score I'm pretty much screwed. I don't know how to use anyone else!

Zigging and a zagging with Westbrook and dunking over fools with Durant!

ph33nix said:
you did it again tonight too
Smokey said:
Don't worry you will get your chance soon.
when is this shit going down. i need my friday night entertainment!
hvyl44.jpg

DCX

DCX
Mrbob said:
Hahaha it sure looks like it! Durant hit a 3 at the end of the game damn it! :lol Damn Ref calling it a two and costing me a chance at a win in OT. Came out ice cold in game three...timing confuses me still with players I need to get it down online! Makes the game frustrating to play at times but I'm still having fun trying to learn. I figure I'll get the timing down eventually! I had this amazing stretch in the third quarter of game two where I was just in the zone. I went from down 4 to like a 9 point lead. I was getting everyone in the flow of the game hitting with everyone who was open. That is how I need to play unfortunately I couldn't sustain that intensity and had the 4th quarter collapsed (plus ref screw job!).

I also need to learn the nuances of my role players. If Westbrook or Durant don't score I'm pretty much screwed. I don't know how to use anyone else!

Zigging and a zagging with Westbrook and dunking over fools with Durant!
brett-favre-traded-to-the-jets.jpg

zlanging

DCX

Top Bottom