• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K11 Season 10 Xbox 360 League Thread of Hope and Redemption

Smokey

25/26 are signed in....

everybody except live who says he's meeting his girls at some party but is full of shit

Smokey

Dark Faze has supplied a 48 hr card..i redeemed it on my alt tag and am sending an invite. League is a go in about 5 minutes

Thanks Faze

ecnal

anachronous_one said:
So no differential limit?

differential limit is way too hard to do because you'd have to re-calculate the actual trade differentials because things that have no impact in-game (loyalty, play for winner, etc.) are calculated in the trade analyzer.

Smokey

League is launched!

Each "round" aka week there is 5 games on your schedule. You can play any of those 5 in which ever order you want. Once the deadline has come I will have 2k sim the games that have not been played.

Here is the league website:

http://community.2ksports.com/community/league/index.cfm?l=636030

You can do trades, lineup adjustments, check stats etc from this site:

My 5 opponents:

76ers
Wizards
Mavericks
Bucks
Grizzlies

lets go!

Vestal

Pistons here.. Available for sure.. Sunday morning between 10-1pm EST.

all week exept tuesday during the morning 9-2pm EST

All week evening 10pm-3am EST

Smokey

2k changed Brooks and Martin's release without warning...i played horrible in my game against Dark Faze as a result. Horrible shooting:lol

Yao to the rescue 26 pts and 24 rebounds with the game winning layup from like 10 ft away:lol

viakado said:
@ Golden State Warriors
Boston Celtics
@ Indiana Pacers
Memphis Grizzlies
@ Portland Blazers

GTFO

Hey can we get yao out of this fucking game

His hands need to be at zero and he should have no movement on the court. I would swat passes in the passing lanes and yao would beat guards to the ball with ease. He also grabs boards NOT because of position but because the fucker skys and grabs them out of the air like Blake Griffin on steroids.

http://community.2ksports.com/community/media/viewer.cfm?mediaid=3043865

Lost the fuckin game due to THIS shit which was unstoppable. The game was tied up about to go to overtime with 3 seconds left on the clock. First of all that pass shouldn't have even made it to Yao and secondly he catches the ball COMPLETELY outside of the paint, my guy can't even get a chance to defend and Yao just rises up and finishes.

Shit makes me sick man.

And whats sad is that I can't even defend Yao in the post. I literally can't initiate a double team. I've tried it every way possible and the double just doesn't stick and Yao sinks shots right over the defender.

Good game Smokey but that shit has me heated. Well won.

This is the last time I ever stop attacking the rim. I always chill out on attacking the rim because I don't want to feel cheesy but I've lost in the last minute of the game in almost every serious match I've played in GAF league and someone always has nearly double my pip and that tends to be the difference.

I'm not accusing Smokey of anything he is a great player I'm just letting you rooks know that you better not ease up on that gas until you have to or you'll regret it.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
The shooting is just outrageous. Russel Westbrook was hitting mid range jumpers like he was Kobe

Baby Milo said:
great game Hey Low when i took that lead in the 4th you put the clamps on me

yeah good game, every time i made a run, you came back within 2...the game got ugly during some stretches:lol and you killed me on the glass

Mrbob

KobeBryantVsRussellWestbrook.jpg

Russell+Westbrook+Dunks+On+Lamar+Odom.jpg

g-spt-100424-thunder-lakers-855p.h2.jpg

Nightz

Detroit Pistons
@ Boston Celtics
Miami Heat
New York Knicks
@ Philadelphia 76ers

I can probably play one game tonight. Will be on in like 15.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Spurs
Bulls
Nuggets
Suns
Magic

I'm on between 9pm and Midnight Eastern time most nights. I can make arrangements sometimes for weekday daytime games (I work from home and could potentially take a lunch break to play), but weekend daytime games are tough with the wife and kids being around.

Smokey

Dark FaZe said:
Hey can we get yao out of this fucking game

His hands need to be at zero and he should have no movement on the court. I would swat passes in the passing lanes and yao would beat guards to the ball with ease. He also grabs boards NOT because of position but because the fucker skys and grabs them out of the air like Blake Griffin on steroids.

http://community.2ksports.com/community/media/viewer.cfm?mediaid=3043865

Lost the fuckin game due to THIS shit which was unstoppable. The game was tied up about to go to overtime with 3 seconds left on the clock. First of all that pass shouldn't have even made it to Yao and secondly he catches the ball COMPLETELY outside of the paint, my guy can't even get a chance to defend and Yao just rises up and finishes.

Shit makes me sick man.

And whats sad is that I can't even defend Yao in the post. I literally can't initiate a double team. I've tried it every way possible and the double just doesn't stick and Yao sinks shots right over the defender.

Good game Smokey but that shit has me heated. Well won.

This is the last time I ever stop attacking the rim. I always chill out on attacking the rim because I don't want to feel cheesy but I've lost in the last minute of the game in almost every serious match I've played in GAF league and someone always has nearly double my pip and that tends to be the difference.

I'm not accusing Smokey of anything he is a great player I'm just letting you rooks know that you better not ease up on that gas until you have to or you'll regret it.

It would have me hot too...but it happens sometimes. I don't even know why he rolled to the otherside of the basket. He was supposed to stop and post up right when Bud got the ball. I only had 3 seconds on regulation clock and I was going to give it to him regardless...just didn't expect him to get it in that position at all. Just so happened to work out for me...happens sometimes in 2k.

And as long as your PIP isn't 50% of your points then you can attack as much as you want. I attacked alot and still had room to spare in my PIP.

btw I've added 4 grace points to PIP so basically to extra baskets. That way if it's a close game or so and you happen to go over PIP by a small amount, then it is ok.

Smokey said:
btw I've added 4 grace points to PIP so basically to extra baskets. That way if it's a close game or so and you happen to go over PIP by a small amount, then it is ok.
ps3 league one step ahead again.
save everyone the trouble and just use our sliders as well.

ecnal

just wait one week chump.

im gonna abuse the shit out of your 26.9 PPG season cap.

rose is going for 80 against you, book it.

WITNESS2K9 said:
good game Wizards...i had no idea the wizards were so good offensively :lol this explains the whole game http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJtVEStfxSg
:lol

Good game low...I would like to know how the shot animations for some of your guys are because it seemed like it was hard for you to hit open looks...I thought it was going to be one of those games for me after I ran some screens for Gil and he missed 3 wide open shots right off the bat :\

Smokey said:
And as long as your PIP isn't 50% of your points then you can attack as much as you want. I attacked alot and still had room to spare in my PIP.

SEC+Basketball+Tournament+Semifinals+E_KcobKg91ql.jpg

The league is on notice.

Dark FaZe said:
Good game low...I would like to know how the shot animations for some of your guys are because it seemed like it was hard for you to hit open looks...I thought it was going to be one of those games for me after I ran some screens for Gil and he missed 3 wide open shots right off the bat :\

A LOT OF MY SHOTS WERE PERFECT, i know all the shot releases for my starters,so most of them are perfect, just kept missing open jumpers:lol

Baby Milo

sorry about those timeouts at the end

i didn't even realize auto timeout was on because it never called one during the game

Top Bottom