• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K11 Season 10 Xbox 360 League Thread of Hope and Redemption

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
any suns opponents want to play!? my opponents are:

Twolves (shurs)
Kings (Arkaium)
Blazers (FiveRing)
Hawks (anachronous one)
Spurs (kurruptt)

anyone!?

try PM

shurs said he'd be around sunday i think, same with kurrupt. not sure about blazers or kings

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I'll be down to play later on tonight, just shoot me a PM

No Shard?! Okay... maybe we can work something out for Gortat

charsace

DY_nasty said:
I'll be down to play later on tonight, just shoot me a PM

No Shard?! Okay... maybe we can work something out for Gortat
No one will give up 3 point shooters in this league. I would trade AK's defense for Gallo in a heartbeat.

ecnal

charsace said:
No one will give up 3 point shooters in this league. I would trade AK's defense for Gallo in a heartbeat.

ill give up 3pt shooters.

there's just no way in hell i'd give up a guy who is capable of dropping 30+ in this game for boris diaw.

DY_nasty

ecnal said:
ill give up 3pt shooters.

there's just no way in hell i'd give up a guy who is capable of dropping 30+ in this game for boris diaw.
I'd give up almost anyone on this team for a center dear god please kill nazr mohammed. i had to play diaw at center because Shaq was murdering everyone on the court.

Dat (1st half) Defense was crack. Oh well, gg

daw840

Just so everyone knows, for this season the Nuggets are not entertaining any trades whatsoever. I will, however, open the floodgates for season 2!

edit: Does Brent Barry still play in the league?

Oh come now...surely we can come to a deal on Al Harrington...come into my room...pm...

DY_nasty said:
I'd give up almost anyone on this team for a center dear god please kill nazr mohammed. i had to play diaw at center because Shaq was murdering everyone on the court.

Dat (1st half) Defense was crack. Oh well, gg

Yeah I thought I was in trouble for a second. You were doing a great job of changing up some defensive matchups and trying to post some of my smaller guards. You also did a great job of reading my plays. My guards just weren't hitting much from outside until the third.

daw840 said:
Just so everyone knows, for this season the Nuggets are not entertaining any trades whatsoever. I will, however, open the floodgates for season 2!

bosh for melo

dy do you wanna scrim after im done with nhl

Smokey

daw840 said:

Damn

I had a sweet trade in mind!

DY_nasty

Dark FaZe said:
Yeah I thought I was in trouble for a second. You were doing a great job of changing up some defensive matchups and trying to post some of my smaller guards. You also did a great job of reading my plays. My guards just weren't hitting much from outside until the third.
No bullshit - In the 3rd quarter, I sonned myself :lol I forgot who was guarding who so I was just running around stupid :lol

Kinda surprised that Livingston on Wall actually worked for a while. No answer for Arenas though. JAAXXXX running away from the ball didn't help much either.
ph33nix said:
bosh for melo

dy do you wanna scrim after im done with nhl
gotta watch my cats play, i'm good to play after the game tho

Stephen Jackson on the market, I may even throw in Matt Carroll too

ecnal

@ Oklahoma City
Minnesota T'Wolves
@ Sacramento Kings
Portland Blazers

i can play a game or two tomorrow probably.

ecnal

2wgwyyq.gif

someone i could put in my lineup...

Nightz

Whew, tight game throughout all 4 quarters and OT. GG DCX.

Detroit Pistons
@ Boston Celtics
@ Philadelphia 76ers

I might be able to get another one in tonight. I'll be out of town tomorrow during the day...I may be available when I get back at night.

Cloudy said:
Do I just suck or do we need to tone down the turnovers in this league?

You need to slow down and make methodical passes...I had 25 steals in our game and I think maybe 20 of them I didn't have to do anything. A lot of the passes you could make in previous editions but not this one. If a guy is covered don't pass to him! And don't the ball to ever make itself inside through traffic.

Ramirez

Cloudy said:
Do I just suck or do we need to tone down the turnovers in this league?

I do suck, very badly, but I felt like in my game against Luke I couldn't make the simplest of passes without it getting stolen.

I actually love the passing game this year. It actually puts you in a realistic mindset where you're like "okay if I try to limit my turnovers here it's going to give me a really good chance to stay in this thing for 4 quarters as long as I'm just average on O and D".

I haven't had a game yet where I didn't blame myself for my turnovers. My biggest turnover game was against the Bobcats and there were a lot of boneheaded mistakes. Being too aggressive with screen rolls...trying to fit passes through cracks, trying to make fast break passes with Snaq/Javale...:lol

That turnover number is going to go up dramatically next season when they fix the passing out of jumpshot glitch so everyone here needs to learn how to be smarter with the basketball.

Ramirez

Are they removing the pass accuracy for when you do that or what?

Also, anyone who plays the Bucks want to get a quick game in?

Ramirez said:
Are they removing the pass accuracy for when you do that or what?

Passing is more realistic this year. Ecnal probably has more detail but hands and passing stats are a big part of it. If a point gets the ball inbounded to him and Vince is almost at the other end of the court then the pass will probably get to him. Vince has good hands so he'll snatch it up and finish.

If Shaq throws it the ball may never get to him even if its wide open and if it gets to not Vince but say Trevor Ariza then he may fumble the catch and drop the ball.

Turnovers usually occur because of guys getting confused by the controls...the dual player control scheme and off ball movement...everything can create some confusion especially when there is a small frame that you want to knock a home run through. Don't assume a pass is going to be caught on that off angle...move your player closer to guarantee he'll catch it.

ecnal

ya, that's essentially it.

hands determines how easily a player can catch and finish a pass.

pass rating determines pass success and how well a pass is received.

bad passers often throw passes that require the receiver to turn around or slow down to catch the pass because it's thrown too high/low or too far to the left/right--typically what you see when your bigs throw long or difficult passes.

hands is a pretty significant rating this year. in past, almost anyone could catch a pass and immediately go in to a shot or dunk/layup. this year, if a player has bad hand ratings, they typically have to gather (multiple animations for this) before attempting a shot or layup/dunk.

i really like the new passing mechanics and i probably run one of the more free-flowing pass heavy offenses in the league and i never feel like any of my bad passes are a result of the CPU cheating or insane defensive awareness--it's always poor decision making.

Top Bottom