• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K11 Season 10 Xbox 360 League Thread of Hope and Redemption

Ramirez

Dark FaZe said:
Passing is more realistic this year. Ecnal probably has more detail but hands and passing stats are a big part of it. If a point gets the ball inbounded to him and Vince is almost at the other end of the court then the pass will probably get to him. Vince has good hands so he'll snatch it up and finish.

If Shaq throws it the ball may never get to him even if its wide open and if it gets to not Vince but say Trevor Ariza then he may fumble the catch and drop the ball.

Turnovers usually occur because of guys getting confused by the controls...the dual player control scheme and off ball movement...everything can create some confusion especially when there is a small frame that you want to knock a home run through. Don't assume a pass is going to be caught on that off angle...move your player closer to guarantee he'll catch it.

I meant the passing accuracy out of a shot attempt...you said it's bugged atm?

I'll play you tonight Smokey, my wife should be home shortly, don't think I could get the game in.

Smokey

Ramirez said:
I meant the passing accuracy out of a shot attempt...you said it's bugged atm?

I'll play you tonight Smokey, my wife should be home shortly, don't think I could get the game in.

ok cool

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Spurs
Nuggets
Bulls

Anyone around to get our game in?

Hit me on AIM if I'm not on XBL. I should be around for a bit this afternoon before taking the kids trick or treating.

Ferny

Chicago Bulls
@ Denver Nuggets
Phoenix Suns

My five games so far. I got two scheduled today so far. If anyone else wants to get it going just send me a PM and we can schedule a time.

Shurs

I'll be available tonight after the Vikings game.

Also, could an Admin put my pending trade(s) through? I'd like to play with my updated roster tonight.

well i can't seem to connect with fivering. it keeps saying starting game, then goes into the "waiting for opponent" and just keeps doing it. eventually it will say network conditions are too poor to continue :/

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
well i can't seem to connect with fivering. it keeps saying starting game, then goes into the "waiting for opponent" and just keeps doing it. eventually it will say network conditions are too poor to continue :/

Are you using wireless? I had this problem on the PS3 version earlier. Hooked it up to wired and was able to finish the game like normal.

Smokey said:
Are you using wireless? I had this problem on the PS3 version earlier. Hooked it up to wired and was able to finish the game like normal.

im on wireless but there is no way i can go wired. my FIOS router is on the complete opposite end of the house. not sure if it would make a difference!

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Nuggets
Bulls

I'm around -- you both have me on AIM, and we've already spoken earlier. I know you guys had stuff going on, but if either of you are free, I could get a game (or both) in.

Smokey

Also remember that not everybody checks the thread like they should..so try PM as well. Their info is in the OP along with the AIM handles that I know of.

ecnal

i'll be around tomorrow night--maybe--for a game or two.

otherwise i should be around tues-thurs after 630pm PST.

Birdman02

Golden State Warriors
@ Los Angeles Clippers
@ Charlotte Bobcats
Detroit Pistons

Any of you guys around? Or Livewire, if you're around for our Madden game tonight?

gg fivering. not sure how i won that game. i'm not very good at the game but i'm not 1/19 bad (which were my stats near the end of the 1st quarter).

just got lucky on some misses from roy. one thing i noticed for the first time is WTF is up with these jump passes always being completed? i would make a good contest shot on some of portlands guys then he just passes out of it in mid air and makes a perfect pass to his guy. give me a break :lol

also, is 2k going to add the ability to set your plays before starting the game? suns default plays are fucking terrible but i'm not going to make my opponent sit there for 5 mins while i pick out the plays i want

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Guys I have no life

You want to play the Bobcats shoot me a PM. I'm going to sleep right now because I've been running around all day but I'll be available throughout the week - just pm me

Ramirez

If anyone actually loses to me, you should probably take your disc and set it out in the street for cars to run over.

I suck so bad, I feel like I'm fighting the games momentum system plus the slight online delay most of the time, but even if I wasn't I'd still be terrible. I don't follow the NBA at all anymore really, can anyone explain to me why Michael Redd is on the bench and the game refuses to sub him in?

charsace

DY_nasty said:
Guys I have no life

You want to play the Bobcats shoot me a PM. I'm going to sleep right now because I've been running around all day but I'll be available throughout the week - just pm me
Good thing u don't have me in week 1 because I would beat your ass like was a little kid stealing com the bodega.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Ramirez said:
If anyone actually loses to me, you should probably take your disc and set it out in the street for cars to run over.

I suck so bad, I feel like I'm fighting the games momentum system plus the slight online delay most of the time, but even if I wasn't I'd still be terrible. I don't follow the NBA at all anymore really, can anyone explain to me why Michael Redd is on the bench and the game refuses to sub him in?

Because Michael Redd hasnt been relevant since like 2005.

He might be on the reserve list. Check the minute allocations in the menu if your using auto subs

and he's cursed

DY_nasty

Ramirez vs DY in the Shameball Classic
charsace said:
Good thing u don't have me in week 1 because I would beat your ass like was a little kid stealing com the bodega.
dont make me call pheenix

charsace

Ramirez said:

I will post some things and play some games with some of u then pm u what i think if want some help.

Ramirez

CB3 said:
Because Michael Redd hasnt been relevant since like 2005.

He might be on the reserve list. Check the minute allocations in the menu if your using auto subs

and he's cursed

I put him in the game to start, but the cpu takes him out the first chance it gets. As far as being relevant, his 3 pt rating is still insanely good, and he hit like 4 shots in a row for me to start the 2nd half, and then the game pulled him out. :lol

I think a lot of my problems is just being completely oblivious to the Bucks, I actually had a good game with Birdman as the Sixers, lemme get them real quick Livewire.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Manual sub like a man. Fixes everything.

I couldnt imagine the CPU messing with my rotations. Ew

charsace

DY_nasty said:
Ramirez vs DY in the Shameball Classic

dont make me call pheenix
Dude I will beat the shit out pheeniks when it counts. I offered you Okur for Jax and you didn't even consider it. For that I'm going to wreck shop when we play.

Birdman02

GG HEY LOW. I was finally able to get something going with Dirk. I should've turned on jumpshot feedback a long time ago! I got lucky on a couple of your bad passes and got just enough out of the rest of my team to take home my first win.

Birdman02 said:
GG HEY LOW. I was finally able to get something going with Dirk. I should've turned on jumpshot feedback a long time ago! I got lucky on a couple of your bad passes and got just enough out of the rest of my team to take home my first win.

it was a close one until Chris Kaman got called for 3 seconds:lol , and i made dumb passes at the end. good game, and thats the same Dirk i had to play against back in 2k9, hopefully i will stop him again next time :D

DY_nasty

charsace said:
Dude I will beat the shit out pheeniks when it counts. I offered you Okur for Jax and you didn't even consider it. For that I'm going to wreck shop when we play.
I already had a trade with ecnal in the works :lol

Deal is way better too

charsace

DY_nasty said:
I already had a trade with ecnal in the works :lol

Deal is way better too
Okur is a 77 rated big man. Go take a look at the bigman ratings in the game and see where he ranks veruses Jax as a wing player.

Birdman02

GG Vestal. I was hot with pretty much my whole team, and your guys were really struggling.

Apparently, I lost connection to 2k (even though I never lost connection to xbl) since I was assigned the loss. I had a 27 pt lead in the 4th, so I assume I can get that changed to a win, right?

Vestal, I sent you a voice message on xbl, but I'm not sure if my mic even works.

Vestal

Birdman thanks for the asswooping and for not playing dirk more than 5min lol. That was my first online 2k11 game and well the shooting is very hard to get used to, particularly with Prince since his release is so quick.

Sorry if I didnt stick with on the ball defense a few times, just used to playing of the ball vs the PC..

Again thanks and gluck to you

Aye that is your win for sure.

and TMAC cant make a jumpshot to save his life!

Vestal

The only Piston that showed up was Rip. EVERY SINGLE OTHER PISTON is on the trade block! =p

Im gona Steinbrener the team lol

Birdman02

Vestal said:
Birdman thanks for the asswooping and for not playing dirk more than 5min lol. That was my first online 2k11 game and well the shooting is very hard to get used to, particularly with Prince since his release is so quick.

Sorry if I didnt stick with on the ball defense a few times, just used to playing of the ball vs the PC..

Again thanks and gluck to you

Aye that is your win for sure.

and TMAC cant make a jumpshot to save his life!

Do you have jumpshot feedback turned on? It's made a huuuge difference in the 2 games I've used it.

EDIT:I didn't really notice you playing off-ball, so you obviously weren't doing anything cheesy.

I really wanted to work on Caron Butler's shot. I think I'm finally close to being consistent with him.

Top Bottom