• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K11 Season 10 Xbox 360 League Thread of Hope and Redemption

Smokey

Ramirez said:
I put him in the game to start, but the cpu takes him out the first chance it gets. As far as being relevant, his 3 pt rating is still insanely good, and he hit like 4 shots in a row for me to start the 2nd half, and then the game pulled him out. :lol

I think a lot of my problems is just being completely oblivious to the Bucks, I actually had a good game with Birdman as the Sixers, lemme get them real quick Livewire.

Yeah he started to heat up in the 3rd quarter...and then the game sent him to the bench. Never trust the CPU for your subs! The main thing I noticed during the game is you just don't have the timing down. I think if I remember correctly you only made 1 free throw, and you went to the line quite a bit. I think if you spent a little time in practice mode and learning the various release points (and adjusting a slight bit for online play), you'd be fine.

Also, use your timeouts. There were time when I went on some serious runs or a guy hit 4-5 shots in a row. If you don't call a timeout to break that, it's going to continue to get worse and you will miss shots that you should make. It's 2k's version of "momentum" (aka a 2k run). Timeouts are your best friend against this, or put your head down to hopefully get a foul and go to the line and make the shots to break the run.

Birdman02 said:
GG Vestal. I was hot with pretty much my whole team, and your guys were really struggling.

Apparently, I lost connection to 2k (even though I never lost connection to xbl) since I was assigned the loss. I had a 27 pt lead in the 4th, so I assume I can get that changed to a win, right?

Vestal, I sent you a voice message on xbl, but I'm not sure if my mic even works.

Yeah I'll assign you the win. If you guys get disconnected let me, cb3, dcx, or ecnal know and we can reset the games.

Also: Deadline for this weeks games is Saturday November 6th

Birdman02

Warriors
@ Bobcats

I'm home with a sick kid today, so I should be able to get a game in around 2 est when he takes a nap if one of you guys will be available

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Cloudy --- check your PM.

EDIT:

Bulls
Nuggets

Can either of you get a game in today or tonight? I might be able to squeeze in a day/night doubleheader with you two. :)

ecnal

charsace said:
Okur is a 77 rated big man. Go take a look at the bigman ratings in the game and see where he ranks veruses Jax as a wing player.

JAX can be yours for the low-low price of deron webber.

Vestal

Ok after doing some thinking here's what I'm willing to move. Tmac, Gordon and prince. Looking for a good post player or a good slasher sf like grant hill or turkey gloo

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Vestal said:
Ok after doing some thinking here's what I'm willing to move. Tmac, Gordon and prince. Looking for a good post player or a good slasher sf like grant hill or turkey gloo

Check your PM's

Vestal

6ers, Hornets, Wizards, Knicks

I will be on between 12:30 and 1am EST.. Any of you up for a game tonight?

daw840

The Nuggets are here and ready to play a game or two or three.

@ Sacramento Kings
@ Atlanta Hawks
San Antonio Spurs
@ Chicago Bulls

If anyone that is on my schedule wants to roll now then lets do this. If not, I'm up for a scrim if anyone else is.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
daw840 said:
The Nuggets are here and ready to play a game or two or three.

@ Sacramento Kings
@ Atlanta Hawks
San Antonio Spurs
@ Chicago Bulls

If anyone that is on my schedule wants to roll now then lets do this. If not, I'm up for a scrim if anyone else is.
I can roll at 8:30-45, if that works for you.

Vestal

Online play sure as hell takes alot getting used to.. Not only the shooting but the delayed movement.

Ferny

Vestal said:
Online play sure as hell takes alot getting used to.. Not only the shooting but the delayed movement.
Def! This is the first time playing with the Spurs and practicing with them offline is totally different than online. No great 3 PT shooters is killing me though.

Vestal

hehe.. Ill be on then.. I am at work atm.. Gona go by the house and leave the Update downloading though so Im ready as soon as I get home.

ecnal

is it just me or did the new dashboard update totally shit on performance?

moving around the dashboard is stuttery as fuck, and things take forever to que up...

ph33nix said:
Do you want Joel Anthony?

i know you want an upgrade at center, maybe we can work a deal, but in the game Anthony is useless, but in real life, its different...who are you willing to trade for Kaman, maybe we can make it a 2 player deal

Vestal

ph33nix said:
nope. entertain me!

Let me get home and load up the game and try out the new Look Pistons and Ill get back to you.. but yeah I would like to aquire him, since Im sure JJ Barea aint gona be traded and I want a Puerto Rican in my team =)

Top Bottom