• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K11 Season 10 Xbox 360 League Thread of Hope and Redemption

DCX

DCX
ph33nix said:
no....he was doing it from the beginning of the game. inch up to the 3 pt line and jack up a shot, hoping i'm too slow to react to contest it.

and I truly hope you guys like it when I pause every 5 minutes to check my PIP.
Why you being such a douche lately? You got the fucking HEAT, Lebron...south Beach..damn son, be moar happy.

DCX

DCX said:
Why you being such a douche lately? You got the fucking HEAT, Lebron...south Beach..damn son, be moar happy.

DCX

Fuck off, I got screwed out of a win. Go fuck yourself if you think this is douchebaggery

Mrbob

Nice day to be gone for a wedding the entire day, end up with a simmeeeeeed win over the Magic. It is the only way I would beat Ecnal anyway, and looking at his comments he needs a couple losses so he can tear the shit out of Chars in the post season.

Opponents for this upcoming week:

@ Houston Rockets
Charlotte Bobcats
@ Detroit Pistons
Boston Celtics
@ New Orleans Hornets

Ferny

My five games

@ Orlando Magic
Utah Jazz
@ Los Angeles Lakers
Golden State Warriors
@ Los Angeles Clippers

Another week of tough match ups -_- I am going to be available pretty much all day so just PM me or let me know a time to hop on.

DCX

DCX
ph33nix said:
Fuck off, I got screwed out of a win. Go fuck yourself if you think this is douchebaggery
Hold up, let me find a bucket for all these tears. Hey asshole. Play better and within the FUCKING rules and you wouldn't have an issue. I understand though...losing with an auto team is harsh.

DCX

DCX said:
Hold up, let me find a bucket for all these tears. Hey asshole. Play better and within the FUCKING rules and you wouldn't have an issue. I understand though...losing with an auto team is harsh.

DCX

Okay, tough guy.

ecnal

daw840 said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

What is happening here?!?

the GOAT league is happening :)

i definitely understand where pheeniks is coming from. the 50% (or old 50 pip cap) definitely ruins some teams' strengths -- the lakers and heat come to mind immediately.

the heat should be able to stay out of trouble most times -- bron and wade both have like 80 something midranges, and there are plenty of shooters to run off screens.

i still don't know how a team like the lakers is supposed to take advantage of its strengths though. if gasol and bynum both have 20 pt games, that's nearly 40 pip -- meaning cb would have to score at least 80 pts, and that doesn't even begin to factor in kobe, shannon, lamar, etc.

no wonder bynum gets traded every season :lol

DCX

DCX
daw840 said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

What is happening here?!?
image2502396.jpg

Nothing to see here.

DCX

pheeniks would have EASILY won that game and worked the paint early. what got him over the amount is he was doing fucking alley oops and other crazy stuff in the 4th with a 30 point lead. i'm not sure why.

and i wasn't TRYING to let him score. ask chars or anyone else i've played that does a bunch of iso: i can't guard people out in the open and they blow right past me. well that is what pheeniks was doing in the 4th too.

the game was over by the 4th so again i dont know why he was still driving to the bucket every time. however, i wouldn't say it was cheesy. i guess the alley oops irked me a little bit but whatever.

in other news, any suns opponents interested in playing?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I havent gone over it yet. Pheeknicks can stop being such a fucking baby and deal with it.

Dude gets Lebron on his team and thinks he has balls of steel or something.

know_your_role.jpg

Like I said I took plenty of mid range and three point shots. They just didn't go in, but I guess that's not playing within the rules, according to Lord DCX.

and STFU CB you have the Lakers so don't pretend like you got a B rate team

CB3

ph33nix said:
Like I said I took plenty of mid range and three point shots. They just didn't go in, but I guess that's not playing within the rules, according to Lord DCX.

and STFU CB you have the Lakers so don't pretend like you got a B rate team

Check my stats against the Kings. I couldnt make shit. Kobe went 10/27. Yet i still found a way to win and only had 30 PiP. I didnt have to cheese it up like you

CB3 said:
Check my stats against the Kings. I could make shit. Kobe went 10/27. Yet i still found a way to win and only had 30 PiP. I didnt have to cheese it up like you

10/27 is making shit?

Ok

CB3

Meant to say couldnt. I think Pau and Barnes were the only guys to shoot over 50%

Point is you lost. Get over it

Personally I think 50 pip shouldn't be set in stone but should be a red flag where the losing party should immediately ask themselves the following question: Was that bullshit?

In the case of the Suns matchup I think we should revisit that and see about reversing it. I think FMT gets the decision. If he is manning up and saying he doesn't deserve the win then pheeniks should get it. Especially in a blowout situation.

If FMT says nah I want the win then there cannot be any bitching about it though. You ran the risk by going over pip and thats it.

I think its completely subjective and up to the losing party. That is to say: Don't be a giant pussy and try to protect your rep. If you feel you got cheesed a bit then man up and take your win. If Pau is dumping on me and the LAkers classic ball movement is in action and CB3 scores 70 in the paint then I personally would give him the win. If its a close game and yao scores the last 10 points by skying over me and grabbing boards and shows ridiculous scoring inside to beat me by 2 I am going to take the win
teehee

I really think it should be up to the losing party.

Smokey

Mrbob said:
Nice day to be gone for a wedding the entire day, end up with a simmeeeeeed win over the Magic. It is the only way I would beat Ecnal anyway, and looking at his comments he needs a couple losses so he can tear the shit out of Chars in the post season.

Opponents for this upcoming week:

@ Houston Rockets
Charlotte Bobcats
@ Detroit Pistons
Boston Celtics
@ New Orleans Hornets

Can you play today? The sooner the better.

And about the PIP rule...honestly when we play pheeniks you don't shoot jumpers with Lebron. I purposely sag off of him to try and force you to shoot jumpers but 8/10 times you will go to the right baseline try an iso move and get Lebron into one of his bullrush animations to the bucket for a dunk. Same with Dwade, but you do tend to shoot a little more with him than Lebron but not by much.

Every season somebody complains about the PIP rule. The last couple of seasons it was a static number. This year I listen and change it to dynamic where your PIP cannot be more than 50% of your total points (AND you get an extra 4 points on top of that as grace man) and there's still complaining. So it is what it is. The rule is more lenient now than it has EVER been. I don't even include fast break points into the equation and in 2k11 the mid range game is damn efficient. As I said earlier it is very hard to go over the PIP limit in 2k11, it really is.

You got a loss. I got a loss in the tournament. Take it and move on. Be glad it happened now and not in the playoffs.

Dark FaZe said:
Personally I think 50 pip shouldn't be set in stone but should be a red flag where the losing party should immediately ask themselves the following question: Was that bullshit?

In the case of the Suns matchup I think we should revisit that and see about reversing it. I think FMT gets the decision. If he is manning up and saying he doesn't deserve the win then pheeniks should get it. Especially in a blowout situation.

Bringing in objectivity just opens the doors for bigger issues down the road. PIP used to involve fast break points and subtracting 2nd chance points and caused too many issues. The solution? Just go by the PIP row in the Team Stats screen. Whatever it says there is what it is. In this case the PIP rule is set and known to everybody. All I'm saying is don't let your PIP points be more than HALF of your total score. That's perfectly reasonable and way more workable than the static 50 it's always been in this league.

CB3

FMT will never do that though. He'll be a bitch and take the easy way out to avoid conflict. Thats just who he is

charsace

Smokey said:
Can you play today? The sooner the better.

And about the PIP rule...honestly when we play pheeniks you don't shoot jumpers with Lebron. I purposely sag off of him to try and force you to shoot jumpers but 8/10 times you will go to the right baseline try an iso move and get Lebron into one of his bullrush animations to the bucket for a dunk. Same with Dwade, but you do tend to shoot a little more with him than Lebron but not by much.

Every season somebody complains about the PIP rule. The last couple of seasons it was a static number. This year I listen and change it to dynamic where your PIP cannot be more than 50% of your total points (AND you get an extra 4 points on top of that as grace man) and there's still complaining. So it is what it is. The rule is more lenient now than it has EVER been. I don't even include fast break points into the equation and in 2k11 the mid range game is damn efficient. As I said earlier it is very hard to go over the PIP limit in 2k11, it really is.

You got a loss. I got a loss in the tournament. Take it and move on. Be glad it happened now and not in the playoffs.

Bringing in objectivity just opens the doors for bigger issues down the road. PIP used to involve fast break points and subtracting 2nd chance points and caused too many issues. The solution? Just go by the PIP row in the Team Stats screen. Whatever it says there is what it is. In this case the PIP rule is set and known to everybody. All I'm saying is don't let your PIP points be more than HALF of your total score. That's perfectly reasonable and way more workable than the static 50 it's always been in this league.
Good job with the bolded dumbass. He is like 5 and 1 he doesn't need any advice. You just hurting other people strategically with your post.

And FMT I like your little insult. Don't be mad because Deron was stylin' on you.

I don't take jumpers with him? Look at his shot charts. A lot of times I try to pullup for shots and he ends up going into some animation

and I don't give a fuck anymore so consider the issue closed. all of you got to take turns shooting cum...but karma's a bitch, you little KGs.

Smokey

charsace said:
Good job with the bolded dumbass. He is like 5 and 1 he doesn't need any advice. You just hurting other people strategically with your post.

And FMT I like your little insult. Don't be mad because Deron was stylin' on you.

You scared?

charsace said:

:lol

no insult, i can't manually defend that type of ISO. is it because it was deron or because nash is a bad defender? i don't know... and i'll never know! you lucked out that my inch up 3's stopped falling! and that i didn't practice azibukies release point :/

Vestal

Pistons will be on tonight at around 11pm EST for some league games.

As far as the PIP discussion.. The only issue i might have with it, is that if my opponent decides to play a SF in the PF slot I will pound the ball inside every single play until he gets that guy out of there.. Its what would happen in real life anyhow.

Dark FaZe said:
what is an inch up 3 lol

i just have the ball at the 3 point line and shoot the 3. doesn't come off a screen or pick or anything.

any chance that they'll patch in the ability to set your playbook before the game? its really annoying dealing with these plays and as i said before im not going to sit there for 4 minutes (like pheeniks) while i pick all my plays!

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i just have the ball at the 3 point line and shoot the 3. doesn't come off a screen or pick or anything.

any chance that they'll patch in the ability to set your playbook before the game? its really annoying dealing with these plays and as i said before im not going to sit there for 4 minutes (like pheeniks) while i pick all my plays!

i think it's coming in the main patch.

Shurs

Are injuries turned on?

I noticed when the league started that some scrub (forgot his name) was out for the year, now he doesn't show up when I check the injury report.

Smokey

Shurs said:
Are injuries turned on?

I noticed when the league started that some scrub (forgot his name) was out for the year, now he doesn't show up when I check the injury report.

yes

when can you play

Ferny

WITNESS2K9 said:
good game Spurs...i finally was able to hit wide open shots...a first for me in this league:lol

LoL thanks for giving me another L bro. Your guys were hitting pretty much everything they could after the 1st. My guys were, like usual, not hitting anything worthwhile. Good game though man.

Birdman02

Mavs are here if anyone on my schedule is around.

Or we could knock out our Madden game if you'd prefer, DCX.

@ Boston Celtics
New Orleans Hornets
@ New York Knicks
Philadelphia 76ers
@ Washington Wizards

DCX

DCX
Birdman02 said:
Mavs are here if anyone on my schedule is around.

Or we could knock out our Madden game if you'd prefer, DCX.

@ Boston Celtics
New Orleans Hornets
@ New York Knicks
Philadelphia 76ers
@ Washington Wizards
:/ Watching a movie..as soon as it's done we can go.

DCX

Top Bottom