• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K11 Season 10 Xbox 360 League Thread of Hope and Redemption

charsace

Smokey said:
Well our little corner of GAF is gonna be infested with Official Threads that have essentially turned into online centric threads (Halo, Bad Company 2, Starcraft 2 etc). WHAT HAVE YOU DONE GAF OVERLORDS
WTF who told you this?

Vestal

Should just make a separate area for Leagues..

Anyways.. PISTONS HERE... Who wants to play me tonight? at around midnight

daw840 said:
Fuck Steve Nash....fuck em

gg bruh. not sure how i won that game. affllalalaflaslflo destroyed me. you shouldn't be mad at nash, you should be mad at J-rich! 7/10 from 3's!

sometimes the game frustrates me. i have guys open on a fast break and i throw the ball and they take a step towards out of bounds, compose themselves, and then i'm allowed to move them forward. by this time the D is already caught up! is this on purpose to prevent full court pass abuse? i guess i'll take it as the lesser of 2 evils but there has to be a better answer :(

Nightz

GG Faze. That was honestly one of the funnest games I've ever played because of how it went back and forth throughout the entire game. But it was also one of the most frustrating with the amount of missed shots we both had. The 8-8 score at the end of the first was ridiculous. :lol Great play to get the game winning shot. I was expecting Wall to take the shot the whole time, then when I saw Arenas come free I knew it was over.

Yeah man definitely the funnest game I've had in GAF league this year. CP3 is such a nightmare to cover...it's the first time in the league where I felt there was no chance in hell that I was going to be able to defend this guy in certain stretches.

That first quarter defensively...my goodness. I know I had some wide open shots that made me want to cave my head in but you still were able to defend the paint well and didn't allow any iso points whatsoever. There was a point where Wall, Gil and Nick were hitting absolutely nothing and I couldn't help but cringe. I was surprised that I was able to generate offense with Thornton and Hudson who were pretty big.

I was pretty hesitant to use Gilbert in that final play. Wall was definitely on but I felt like your D was up to the task of stopping anything from him so I tried to set up for the drive and then got Gil open for the shot...which I actually expected him to miss because he missed so many good looks through the whole game.

I love games like these because they really help you grow as a player in 2k. When your starters can't hit, the other team has good post d, really makes you have to a part of your game your not used to using.

Edit:

0:09 Paul missed a 2 point Jump Shot 0-0
0:17 Arenas missed a 3 point Jump Shot 0-0
0:29 Ariza missed a 2 point Jump Shot 0-0
0:38 Arenas missed a 2 point Jump Shot 0-0
0:50 Paul made a 2 point Jump Shot 0-2
1:05 O'Neal missed a 2 point Layup 0-2
1:25 Arenas missed a 2 point Layup 0-2
1:32 Ariza missed a 2 point Jump Shot 0-2
1:58 Young made a 2 point Jump Shot 2-2
2:10 West missed a 2 point Jump Shot 2-2
2:17 Young missed a 3 point Jump Shot 2-2
2:44 Wall missed a 2 point Jump Shot 2-2
3:05 Arenas missed a 2 point Jump Shot 2-2
3:14 Thornton missed a 2 point Layup 2-2
3:34 Wall missed a 2 point Jump Shot 2-2
3:41 Thornton missed a 3 point Jump Shot 2-2
4:02 O'Neal missed a 2 point Layup 2-2
4:09 Ariza missed a 3 point Jump Shot 2-2

Just a part of that first quarter dominance :lol

Smokey

Dark FaZe said:
0:09 Paul missed a 2 point Jump Shot 0-0
0:17 Arenas missed a 3 point Jump Shot 0-0
0:29 Ariza missed a 2 point Jump Shot 0-0
0:38 Arenas missed a 2 point Jump Shot 0-0
0:50 Paul made a 2 point Jump Shot 0-2
1:05 O'Neal missed a 2 point Layup 0-2
1:25 Arenas missed a 2 point Layup 0-2
1:32 Ariza missed a 2 point Jump Shot 0-2
1:58 Young made a 2 point Jump Shot 2-2
2:10 West missed a 2 point Jump Shot 2-2
2:17 Young missed a 3 point Jump Shot 2-2
2:44 Wall missed a 2 point Jump Shot 2-2
3:05 Arenas missed a 2 point Jump Shot 2-2
3:14 Thornton missed a 2 point Layup 2-2
3:34 Wall missed a 2 point Jump Shot 2-2
3:41 Thornton missed a 3 point Jump Shot 2-2
4:02 O'Neal missed a 2 point Layup 2-2
4:09 Ariza missed a 3 point Jump Shot 2-2

Just a part of that first quarter dominance :lol

Bob and I had one of these games a couple days ago. It wasn't this extreme, but we couldn't hit anything.

Smokey

Baby Milo said:
of course

good shit

i remember some of us playing MW2 around release. I think it was me, cb3, maybe pheeniks, and some other people in a party. Ran into some racist fuckers who were talking mad shit in the lobby. GAF group proceeded to crush the shit out of em. Felt good. Then MW2 went to shit.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Smokey said:
good shit

i remember some of us playing MW2 around release. I think it was me, cb3, maybe pheeniks, and some other people in a party. Ran into some racist fuckers who were talking mad shit in the lobby. GAF group proceeded to crush the shit out of em. Felt good. Then MW2 went to shit.

I remember that

CB- Crushing 12 year old's in First Person Shooters all de time

Edit: Ill have Black Ops tomorrow

i will have black ops tomorrow. i don't know why i buy these games. i play online a few times, suck complete balls, and then never play again. every year i get trapped :(

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i will have black ops tomorrow. i don't know why i buy these games. i play online a few times, suck complete balls, and then never play again. every year i get trapped :(

I will never forget you staring at the toilet when we had that GAF group on XBL playing Perfect Dark.

Vestal

Gg Milo. But my shooting was bullshit. Same shots I was making in the first I couldn't make for the rest of the game. I gave up half way through the third it was too fucking frustrating missing wide open shots with green on the meter

Baby Milo

Vestal said:
Gg Milo. But my shooting was bullshit. Same shots I was making in the first I couldn't make for the rest of the game. I gave up half way through the third it was too fucking frustrating missing wide open shots with green on the meter
gg

yeah online shooting is waaaaaay different then offline. I was having the same problems but ive just been trying to play online as much as possible to get use to it. Im finally starting to get the hang of it.

Vestal

Baby Milo said:
gg

yeah online shooting is waaaaaay different then offline. I was having the same problems but ive just been trying to play online as much as possible to get use to it. Im finally starting to get the hang of it.

Problem is I'm getting green on shot advisor

Vestal

GG smokey... I really need to figure out what the hell happens to me after the first quarter.. Last 3 games everything goes south for me after the first. I also have to improve my iso D, I still get tricked quiet easily.

BTW Yao is a ball vacuum

Also.. Dallas owner what do you want for JJ Barea? and/or Suns owner for Ghill

Smokey

Vestal said:
GG smokey... I really need to figure out what the hell happens to me after the first quarter.. Last 3 games everything goes south for me after the first. I also have to improve my iso D, I still get tricked quiet easily.

BTW Yao is a ball vacuum

if you want some tips PM me.

Smokey

CB3 said:
Yeah that 2.9 PPG Sasha averaged in 2004 sounds about right

yet in 2k he plays like an all star, which is exactly my point.

bum that can hit pretty much anything in mid range or so if you know how to use him.

CB3

Which was my argument to you to tone down Shooting!

I dont play Sasha anyway. He sucks so much in real life i cant bring myself to play him and pure principal.

Smokey

CB3 said:
I dont play Sasha anyway. He sucks so much in real life i cant bring myself to play him and pure principal.

You're letting potential rot on your virtual bench:lol

And I did turn down shooting, all of the shooting categories have been turned down from the tourney. That's nothing new in 2k though. Remember when I had Tracy the last few seasons and dude was playing like he was still in Orlando.

CB3

Smokey said:
You're letting potential rot on your virtual bench:lol

And I did turn down shooting, all of the shooting categories have been turned down from the tourney. That's nothing new in 2k though. Remember when I had Tracy the last few seasons and dude was playing like he was still in Orlando.

Im the Lakers. Spots 1-10 are all potential. He doesnt fit into that top 10.

dem tips

ill take em smokey

obi-wan_kenobi_vs_darth_vader.jpg

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
CB3 said:
Hawks
Spurs
Bulls
I'm on ET, so if you're waiting to play until after Laker games, I can't really wait until Midnight ET to start on weeknights.

How about 9pm or 10pm ET (6pm/7pm PT) Wednesday (tomorrow)? Hit me on AIM or drop me a PM to let me know.

Top Bottom