• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K11 Season 10 Xbox 360 League Thread of Hope and Redemption

Smokey

Dark FaZe said:
dem tips

ill take em smokey

obi-wan_kenobi_vs_darth_vader.jpg

You've lost 1 game (to me:D ). Tips for you will cost you a player!

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
electrical fire at my house the other day, minor damage - just had to get the box replaced

i'll should be good for matches for the rest of the week though

ecnal

:lol

i dunno if im even going to bother -- there are already a bunch of vids showing many of the same MP breaking glitches from mw2.

the core gameplay of cod is great--i've been playing cod since it was on PC--but mw2's mp was a cluster fuck of poorly designed perks/maps in conjunction with atrocious balancing that completely turned me off.

i know a lot of the reviews say the mp has been balanced back towards a more skill based experience, but i'm still skeptical.

does anyone have it already? impressions?

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Re-posting since it was trapped at the bottom of the last page:

CB3 said:
Hawks
Spurs
Bulls
I'm on ET, so if you're waiting to play until after Laker games, I can't really wait until Midnight ET to start on weeknights.

How about 9pm or 10pm ET (6pm/7pm PT) Wednesday (tomorrow)? Hit me on AIM or drop me a PM to let me know.

Also, Luke / Warriors --- when works best for us to play?

Mrbob

ecnal said:
what system are you guys getting black ops on?

GAF is xbot central.

Of course everyone should do themselves a favor and break free from the CoD cycle. Best thing to do is not buy the game!

Smokey

ecnal said:

i dunno if im even going to bother -- there are already a bunch of vids showing many of the same MP breaking glitches from mw2.

the core gameplay of cod is great--i've been playing cod since it was on PC--but mw2's mp was a cluster fuck of poorly designed perks/maps in conjunction with atrocious balancing that completely turned me off.

i know a lot of the reviews say the mp has been balanced back towards a more skill based experience, but i'm still skeptical.

I have it. Will get to it in a couple of hours. There are glitches but tryarch is way more involved with the community than infinity ward, and have already said they are working on fixes. The problem is shit activision doesn't allow public betas.

ecnal

Smokey said:
I have it. Will get to it in a couple of hours. There are glitches but tryarch is way more involved with the community than infinity ward, and have already said they are working on fixes. The problem is shit activision doesn't allow public betas.

cool, post up some impressions when you get a chance.

what were your thoughts on mw2?

and ya, i dunno what happened to IW. they used to be really involved w/ the PC community for COD/COD2, but, damn, they just haven't given a fuck since they moved to consoles.

Smokey

ecnal said:
cool, post up some impressions when you get a chance.

what were your thoughts on mw2?

and ya, i dunno what happened to IW. they used to be really involved w/ the PC community for COD/COD2, but, damn, they just haven't given a fuck since they moved to consoles.
Mw2 was horrible about 2 weeks from launch. Double shot guns, stackable kill streaks and just general crap iw didn't care to fix drove me away from that game. BlaCk ops looks to be back on track.

I've also heard the maps are much better than mw2

charsace

ecnal said:

Just save money. COD4 and BFBC2 are all you need on consoles if you are in to military shooters(non-hardcore types). I don't know what was done in MW2, but whatever they did messed up the shooting in MW2 which was perfect in COD4.

To this day MW2 and FF13 are two games that have gotten high scores and I just don't understand why. They are 7 range games imo.

DY_nasty

charsace said:
Just save money. COD4 and BFBC2 are all you need on consoles if you are in to military shooters(non-hardcore types). I don't know what was done in MW2, but whatever they did messed up the shooting in MW2 which was perfect in COD4.

To this day MW2 and FF13 are two games that have gotten high scores and I just don't understand why. They are 7 range games imo.
real talk, fuck you

DCX

DCX
Smokey said:
Straight up lie ! you never asked for shit
Orly. " dude how the fuck do yo do those dribble animations that set up jump shots "

" can't tell you that bro "

fuuu

DCX

Vestal

Mrbob said:
Vestal I'll be home around 9 cst tonight, can you play in this time frame? I can't stay up too late tonight.

Ill be home at around 11pm EST.. so I think we could set something up

Vestal

I wish I could setup a motion offense in this game.. Or atleast have some control of how the set offense moves.

Smokey

There's 2 million + ppl playing Black Ops on XBL right now holy shit

DY_nasty said:
The common denominator is hate.

Can you tell me what makes that game good IMO, because in mine it was the worst FF I've every played.

Vestal

Smokey said:
There's 2 million + ppl playing Black Ops on XBL right now holy shit

Can you tell me what makes that game good IMO, because in mine it was the worst FF I've every played.

Smokey im guessing you come from the old days of FF.. Were the games were mostly open, and you felt you werent being dragged along a story line but you actually had options on what to do what to equip..

That FF game is long in the past.. We are in the era of Handholding through the entire game, and being spoonfed stats,abilities, and directions.

Pisses me the fuck off.. Old FF games were awesome, so were games from Enix like 7th Saga.

Smokey

Vestal said:
Smokey im guessing you come from the old days of FF.. Were the games were mostly open, and you felt you werent being dragged along a story line but you actually had options on what to do what to equip..

That FF game is long in the past.. We are in the era of Handholding through the entire game, and being spoonfed stats,abilities, and directions.

Pisses me the fuck off.. Old FF games were awesome, so were games from Enix like 7th Saga.

Not a big RPG fan, but I do try and play the FF's just to see what's up. FF13 was horrible. Linear as fuck and that one skank who's name escapes me right now was annoying as fuck and wouldn't shut up. Not to mention there were no towns either.

4/10

ecnal

damn, i just realized black ops has a mp mode called gungame... and it's literally just a copied version of gungame mod from counter-strike.

impressive activision. impressive.

ecnal

it's like a free-for-all DM mode where everybody starts out with the worst guns in the game (pistols in CS) and as you get kills, you move up the weapon tree/hierarchy.

getting knifed sends you back to the previous weapon.

first one to get kills w/ every weapon wins.

they not only copied the name, but they copied every single mechanic/rule as well :lol

it's a pretty fun mode in CS to mix up the typical gameplay, so i imagine it does the same thing in black ops.

Birdman02

@ Boston Celtics
New Orleans Hornets
Philadelphia 76ers
@ Washington Wizards

I'm gonna be looking for a game in about an hour and a half (6 est), but I have a really tight window to get a game in, so I'll have to start by 6:20. Any of you guys gonna be around then? If not, I should be on again later tonight around 10:30 or so.

charsace

Smokey said:
Not a big RPG fan, but I do try and play the FF's just to see what's up. FF13 was horrible. Linear as fuck and that one skank who's name escapes me right now was annoying as fuck and wouldn't shut up. Not to mention there were no towns either.

4/10
Perfect review. I played the game for 20 hours and just stopped playing it.

DY_nasty

Smokey said:
Battle system, awesome soundtrack, one of the best looking games this gen

but its okay, i understand

the fuck you need towns for? I got somewhere i need to go and fuck shit up at - the fuck am i gonna do in a town?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Im not a fan on RPG's. The only true RPG i can say ive played through is Chrono Trigger. But what the fuck Kinda RPG is that game without towns. Thats like step 1 right there

DY_nasty

gonna be on tomorrow, just cracked open black ops
CB3 said:
Im not a fan on RPG's. The only true RPG i can say ive played through is Chrono Trigger. But what the fuck Kinda RPG is that game without towns. Thats like step 1 right there
embrace the future

like a fps without a health bar and regen, your mind is blown - but it feels so right

Smokey

DY_nasty said:
Battle system, awesome soundtrack, one of the best looking games this gen

but its okay, i understand

the fuck you need towns for? I got somewhere i need to go and fuck shit up at - the fuck am i gonna do in a town?

no towns in a rpg is like no guns in a FPS, instead you get rocks instead because they can also be used to kill people!

fuck no

DCX said:
Orly. " dude how the fuck do yo do those dribble animations that set up jump shots "

" can't tell you that bro "

fuuu

DCX

Get that 2k10 shit out of here. There were like a handful of guys who were able to create their own shot with that old bullshit system. Only way you were getting midrange off was through a pivot lunging jumpshot or off a long developing play.

thank god for 2k11

The funny thing about gunmode in Blackops is that the best guns are mid-tier. The grenade launcher is hard as fuck to kill someone with and the torque bow weapon is awful as well.

DCX

DCX
Dark FaZe said:
Get that 2k10 shit out of here. There were like a handful of guys who were able to create their own shot with that old bullshit system. Only way you were getting midrange off was through a pivot lunging jumpshot or off a long developing play.

thank god for 2k11

The funny thing about gunmode in Blackops is that the best guns are mid-tier. The grenade launcher is hard as fuck to kill someone with and the torque bow weapon is awful as well.
When can you tonight friend?

DCX

daw840

@ Miami Heat - Ph33nix
Phoenix Suns - FrenchMovieTheme
@ Orlando Magic - Ecnal
Utah Jazz - charsAce
@ Los Angeles Lakers - CB3

So, either of you guys on right now? Would love to get one of the games out of the way. By far my hardest week of play right here. I go into each one of these games this week with the assumption that I would lose. Except FMT, that one I thought I had a fighting chance at, but the rest of them should be auto L's if the past is any indication. Definitely to these last two...

ecnal

daw840 said:
@ Miami Heat - Ph33nix
Phoenix Suns - FrenchMovieTheme
@ Orlando Magic - Ecnal
Utah Jazz - charsAce
@ Los Angeles Lakers - CB3

So, either of you guys on right now? Would love to get one of the games out of the way. By far my hardest week of play right here. I go into each one of these games this week with the assumption that I would lose. Except FMT, that one I thought I had a fighting chance at, but the rest of them should be auto L's if the past is any indication. Definitely to these last two...

im playing FMT @ 630-7pm PST tonight, and i likely wont be able to get another game in -- unless it's later tonight (somewhere around 10pm PST).

otherwise we can just shoot for tomorrow around 630-7pm PST.

daw840

ecnal said:
im playing FMT @ 630-7pm PST tonight, and i likely wont be able to get another game in -- unless it's later tonight (somewhere around 10pm PST).

otherwise we can just shoot for tomorrow around 630-7pm PST.

Eh, tomorrow's my birthday so no guarantees there. Maybe thursday?

But, I am in CST. Can you play any earlier than those times?

ecnal

nah, im typically available weeknights after 630pm PST, so thurs/fri is fine. i'll also be able to play whenever on sat.

daw840

ecnal said:
nah, im typically available weeknights after 630pm PST, so thurs/fri is fine. i'll also be able to play whenever on sat.

Saturday may actually work best. We'll see though.

Anyone want to scrim?

I'm gonna wait till January for black ops. Because I'll know by then if you fucks will ever play a shooter for more than 2 months

and ff13 sucked ASS. i lasted 6 hours before i sold that shit

ph33nix said:
I'm gonna wait till January for black ops. Because I'll know by then if you fucks will ever play a shooter for more than 2 months

ill be on black ops tonight but dunno if ill play online. people are too good!

i didn't even try FF13 and could've gotten it recently for $15.99.... still can't bring myself to it after watching a couple youtube videos on the gameplay. how hard is it to make a game like FF 7/8/9 with really great graphics? why do they always have to fuck with shit? yeah it wouldn't be anything new in gameplay, but they could add tweaks and the atmosphere with the nice upgraded sound/graphics would be worth it

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
ph33nix said:

Hows Burnout Paradise?

Top Bottom