• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K11 Season 10 Xbox 360 League Thread of Hope and Redemption

lol wtf kind of math is that bob?

you scored 65 points. 36 of them were in the paint. you would need to have scored 72 total points for that to be a win :lol

p.s. i'm going to cheese it up in the paint more! i scored 70 points.... and 12 were in the paint -_-

maybe thats why my shooting sucks balls!

Mrbob

?

From the first page:

The total amount of PIP that is allowed per game is dynamic. Whatever your final score ends up being, you cannot score more than 50% of those points from the paint. This rule has always been in the 2K leagues, but previously it was a static number. You are allowed an extra 4 points on top of the 50% as a "grace interval".

*If you go above the dynamic PIP (+ 4 grace points) limit, it is an automatic loss*

It says you are allowed an extra 4 points on top of the 50 percent. My 50 percent was 32.5. 4 more is 36.5. I had 36.

DCX

DCX
Smokey said:
Bob that's a loss brah.
Oh shit i guess it is :/ I did the same math bob did and got the same number. The correct math is this though. PIP 36x2= 72-4=68 68 is the safe number. 65 means you were 3pts over.

Dems the breaks.

DCX

Mrbob said:
?

From the first page:

It says you are allowed an extra 4 points on top of the 50 percent. My 50 percent was 32.5. 4 more is 36.5. I had 36.

oh, i didn't see that extra 4. if i'm reading it correctly, then you win the game. you are ALLOWED half + 4, so you were allowed 36 points. well, 36.5 if you used decimals, but even if you didn't you were at the absolute max. 1 point over and it would've been a loss!

i thought it was just 50%!

Smokey

I see. I got the numbers mixed up when I was looking at it. You had 36, your limit was 36.5

Rounded down that's 36, so you were ok. My bad I got the numbers twisted. Playing with fire.

DCX said:
Oh shit i guess it is :/ I did the same math bob did and got the same number. The correct math is this though. PIP 36x2= 72-4=68 68 is the safe number. 65 means you were 3pts over.

Dems the breaks.

DCX

the way it reads is you take your total points, divide in half, and add 4. that is your limit. not multiple your PIP by 2 and then subtract 4. that's crazy talk!

Nightz

Shurs said:
Good game, Nightz.
GG bro. Had some really bad lag at times that really affected my free throw shooting. You gave me a few scares with some of your runs. Glad I was able to hold you off and pull away.

Shurs

Smokey said:
I see. I got the numbers mixed up when I was looking at it. You had 36, your limit was 36.5

Rounded down that's 36, so you were ok. My bad I got the numbers twisted. Playing with fire.

That kind of kills the whole 50% thing, doesn't it? As it is, he scored 55% of his points in the paint.

Shouldn't it be points in the paint x 2 minus four?

DCX

DCX
Shurs said:
That kind of kills the whole 50% thing, doesn't it? As it is, he scored 55% of his points in the paint.

Shouldn't it be points in the paint x 2 minus four?
This is where we were getting at.

DCX

Mrbob

:lol

I love how DCX is casually trying to sway a loss for me in our game while I know he is burning up inside by the Westbrook dagger. :lol Don't worry I know how you feel I've lost 3 really close 4th quarter games and it sucks being so close to a win and not getting it! Finally luck favors me for a game!

ecnal

charsace said:
Fuck bob they didn't screw shit up. Smokey was trying to screw you.

you're still here?

i thought you had a mental breakdown and were taking time off to retool that ass so ph33nix, cb, and heylow can violate it next.

AtlusAram

Atlus USA Developer
Nightz said:
Kings
Blazers
Hawks
Spurs

I can probably get another one in tonight after I work out. I'll be back in like 45 minutes.

I don't know if you're east coast or west but i'm online now and will try and stay online for 30 minutes. Just message me, I'll probably be playing something on my PC wthin earshot. Probably will shut off after 10:45 pm PST and try and get two (or three) in tomorrow, starting around 6pm PST, hopefully.

Nightz

AtlusAram said:
I don't know if you're east coast or west but i'm online now and will try and stay online for 30 minutes. Just message me, I'll probably be playing something on my PC wthin earshot. Probably will shut off after 10:45 pm PST and try and get two (or three) in tomorrow, starting around 6pm PST, hopefully.
I'm on the west coast. Let's play in like 15 minutes. I'm gonna take a shower.

Nightz

GG Atlus. I had some big leads in that game but you kept coming back. My team definitely had an off night shooting.

Blazers
Hawks
Spurs

I'll be around tomorrow after 7 pm PST.

DCX

DCX
Mrbob said:

I love how DCX is casually trying to sway a loss for me in our game while I know he is burning up inside by the Westbrook dagger. :lol Don't worry I know how you feel I've lost 3 really close 4th quarter games and it sucks being so close to a win and not getting it! Finally luck favors me for a game!
The lucky ass dagger cost me the game both ways, PIP wise and real score wise. I'll rebound, no biggie. 6-21 for Durantula :)

DCX

Ferny

Nightz said:
GG Atlus. I had some big leads in that game but you kept coming back. My team definitely had an off night shooting.

Blazers
Hawks
Spurs

I can play tomorrow after 8 pm est or all day saturday

ecnal said:
you're still here?

i thought you had a mental breakdown and were taking time off to retool that ass so ph33nix, cb, and heylow can violate it next.

his back was too hurt to play games last night LOL

ecnal

ph33nix said:
his back was too hurt to play games last night LOL

heatbench.jpg
uscared.jpg
popcorn.gif

CB, smokey, heylow; i can play one of you tonight -- probably around 9pm PST.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Nightz said:

Blazers
Hawks
Spurs

I can play after 9PM EST.

Or right now/this afternoon, if anyone else wants to get a league game in:

Pistons
Bobcats
Hornets

Hit me on AIM!

Nightz

anachronous_one said:

Pistons
Bobcats
Hornets

Hit me on AIM!
I usually get home around 7 pm PST, so I'll try to find you later.

Vestal

anachronous_one said:

Pistons
Bobcats
Hornets

Hit me on AIM!

Ill be around at around 11pm-12am EST tonight

Mrbob

@ Philadelphia 76ers DJ
@ Dallas Mavericks Birdman
Milwaukee Bucks TJ Ramirez

Do the Sixers and Bucks have active owners?

charsace

I'm sorry you fuck faces that I was hurting from tearing up rooms, in the process taking down walls and lifting up layers of floor. I have to bring in money some how during these hard times or else I can't afford school or to spend money to get games like 2k.

If I could take a sledgehammer to one of you chumps I would. Guess I will have to settle for kicking ass in 2k.

My back was hurt big whoop. I was doing some man work you pussies. Go youtube it.

Smokey

charsace said:
I'm sorry you fuck faces that I was hurting from tearing up rooms, in the process taking down walls and lifting up layers of floor. I have to bring in money some how during these hard times or else I can't afford school or to spend money to get games like 2k.

If I could take a sledgehammer to one of you chumps I would. Guess I will have to settle for kicking ass in 2k.

My back was hurt big whoop. I was doing some man work you pussies. Go youtube it.

You're so easy to troll.

ecnal said:
sixers/bucks/warriors are inactive atm.

anyone here have a 3D TV?

I don't but I know quite a bit about TVs. If you want the best and money isn't an option get the Panasonic VT25. It's the best TV out (besides a Kuro) in 3D and regular 2D mode.

charsace said:

you and pheeniks i swear.:lol

btw, i just ordered the g27 for $205 + shipping :D

Mrbob

The best thing about this league is the drama in this thread. :lol

Wizards gave me a huge ass whoppin' today, but then he also gave me some tips on using Durant and Westbrook so I'll shall try to implement these Dark Faze and not let you down! :D

ecnal

Smokey said:
I don't but I know quite a bit about TVs. If you want the best and money isn't an option get the Panasonic VT25. It's the best TV out (besides a Kuro) in 3D and regular 2D mode.

ya, that's basically what it sounds like.

i've heard that the panasonic viera VT25's in well lit rooms have trouble displaying 3D content w/ enough color -- i think it was in the gizmondo review.

they suggested that, perhaps, if you can't really control the light in the viewing room--which is definitely a problem for me--that the samsung c8000 would be a good alternative.

i kinda need to see if i can really notice the crosstalk on the c8000, because if colors are really too dark in well lit rooms on the viera, i'll definitely notice it -- it's basically impossible to get my house dark to an acceptable level unless it's night time.

daw840

Golden State Warriors
@ Los Angeles Clippers
Houston Rockets
@ Charlotte Bobcats
Detroit Pistons

Around for anyone to play.

OT: Does anyone here know of a good MKV to AVI (or anything that Windows Media Center can play) converter? I need to convert a couple of files here.

Smokey

ecnal said:
ya, that's basically what it sounds like.

i've heard that the panasonic viera VT25's in well lit rooms have trouble displaying 3D content w/ enough color -- i think it was in the gizmondo review.

they suggested that, perhaps, if you can't really control the light in the viewing room--which is definitely a problem for me--that the samsung c8000 would be a good alternative.

i kinda need to see if i can really notice the crosstalk on the c8000, because if colors are really too dark in well lit rooms on the viera, i'll definitely notice it -- it's basically impossible to get my house dark to an acceptable level unless it's night time.

I have a 46'' Panasonic plasma now and it's a beast. No lag, very vibrant colors, deep blacks. When there is a lot of light it I have to adjust but it's not a problem for me usually. If you want 3D though, stay away from LCD. Also: invest in some good window covers:D

daw840 said:
Golden State Warriors
@ Los Angeles Clippers
Houston Rockets
@ Charlotte Bobcats
Detroit Pistons

Around for anyone to play.

OT: Does anyone here know of a good MKV to AVI (or anything that Windows Media Center can play) converter? I need to convert a couple of files here.

Warriors are out. I don't know any good converters off the top of my head, but I have used a few of the highest rated ones from download.com in the past. Most of them have a free trial for 7-10 days which is all I really needed anyway.

Smokey

viakado said:
i'd tell you but, i i dont want no lurkers stealing my copy :)
up next is to figure out a stand for it. some of those seats go for $400.
gtfo!

You should have that from the money you swindled from the PS3 league.

Top Bottom