• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA 2014-15 Men's Basketball |OT| It's Cal's World, We're Just Living In It

Oh dear.

Edit: A guy for Furman had a runout. It looked like he was unsure of a dunk or layup, like he didn't know if he had the hops. Suffice it to say, it went off the front of the rim. He gathered the rebound for a putback attempt, which failed. Another feeble putback also missed and Duke got the rebound.

jakncoke

Banned
we really needed durand johnson and cameron wright for the whole season to compete

up 3 also after 5+ years im tired of being the only pitt bball fan. i remember nearly get karkaland to buy a ucla hoodie after stole him !

big 3

pitt actually going to win!

Matugi

Could see the Butler loss coming a mile away. It happens. We don't play them well, ever. That being said how the FUCK is our 5 star, #8 overall recruit only going to take 4 shots?

Matugi

Didn't even know UNC was in the same tourney as Wisconsin. Would of love to seen them battle but Butler ruined that.

Not sure if there's a better early season tourney this year in terms of the field. Battle 4 Atlantis is STACKED. By the end there will be what, 6 ranked teams in it?

Fjordson

Florida lost? Damn. Wasn't expecting that. Same for the UNC loss.

Little surprised Arizona couldn't pull away from San Diego State, but maybe SDSU deserves credit for that. Nice win for U of A.

Matugi

roy not maximizing that talent.

I'm not sure if it was that as much as a refusal (or inability) to feed inside. Meeks only scored 7, Johnson scored 11, etc. There's no reason that we should've settled for so many jumpers. It's the same reason why Butler beat us last time. Idk. A few more shots falls here and there and we actually make free throws and it's a different game. Of course the same could be said of Butler in the first half. It's whatever. Provided we win our next two we drop to 12 or 13 in the rankings and move on with life.

DominoKid

ou gave butler the work like you're supposed to.

hope we're ready for a fight with UCLA tonight. i want to see an angry team tonight.

DominoKid

Jones Angell ‏@JonesAngell 4m4 minutes ago
.@UNC_Basketball starters vs UCLA: Britt, Paige, Jackson, Hicks and James
0Cmnv.png

Bowser

Nice run by Carolina to end the half. Hicks should start more, he's a former 5 star recruit and plays with a motor. Has better range than Brice too.

Hitting our FTs and active on the boards - safe to say Roy tore them a new one last night.

Matugi

Nice run by Carolina to end the half. Hicks should start more, he's a former 5 star recruit and plays with a motor. Has better range than Brice too.

Hitting our FTs and active on the boards - safe to say Roy tore them a new one last night.

Less prone to tantrums, too. UNC has a lot of depth once we figure out how to use it. Of course a day after I claim that Jackson's tentativeness was a reason we lost he fails to vindicate me. At least Paige went off.

Bowser

Less prone to tantrums, too. UNC has a lot of depth once we figure out how to use it. Of course a day after I claim that Jackson's tentativeness was a reason we lost he fails to vindicate me. At least Paige went off.

Well, Jackson wasn't tentative tonight, that's for sure. He took 13 shots - they just weren't falling. He's 5 games into his freshman season, I'm not too worried. He'll figure it out.

lush

Yay, you get your blueblood final espn. Terrible offensive possessions down the stretch. Regardless of how undermanned we are this team doesn't quit. It's a shame we have to wait forever for the NCAA to do what they're going to do since we aren't competitive at the moment/a blueblood. Meanwhile other schools are free to do what they want.

Sloppy win against High Point, but I'll take it. We lost Rod Hall in the first half to a knee injury, hopefully he won't be kept off the court too long.

Florida vs. UNC is such a dream surprise match-up. I'm not a betting man, but I would have bet good money it wouldn't be in the 5th place game they'd meet. What a stacked tourney!

Fjordson

Florida vs. UNC is such a dream surprise match-up. I'm not a betting man, but I would have bet good money it wouldn't be in the 5th place game they'd meet. What a stacked tourney!
Yeah, surprise game for sure. For TV as well lol, it's on a channel I didn't even know I had until tonight ("axs TV").

Illini tip off against Baylor in 10 minutes (freaking west coast games!) for our first real test of the season.

Are we actually any good? Can we force turnovers against high-major players? Will we score a single 2 point basket in the half court? These questions, and more, are about to be answered!

pxleyes

Banned
Did you see our scores? Florida isn't even sniffing the top 25 right now and UNC is maybe 22-25 at best. I'm not knocking the tourney lineup, but it has been a bit of a bust for those two big names.

Woo!

Ok, so Baylor didn't have their starting PG and couldn't keep up offensively. I don't care! WOOO!

Can't wait to see how we do @Miami on Tuesday. Should be a close game. I expect us to have at least 30 fouls.

Bowser

Did you see our scores? Florida isn't even sniffing the top 25 right now and UNC is maybe 22-25 at best. I'm not knocking the tourney lineup, but it has been a bit of a bust for those two big names.

Maybe we're not as good as our #5 ranking suggests, but we're much better than fringe top 25.

Woo!

Ok, so Baylor didn't have their starting PG and couldn't keep up offensively. I don't care! WOOO!

Can't wait to see how we do @Miami on Tuesday. Should be a close game. I expect us to have at least 30 fouls.

I have a feeling we will beat the shit out of Miami. Hope I'm right.

Top Bottom