• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA 2014-15 Men's Basketball |OT| It's Cal's World, We're Just Living In It

enewtabie

I think Hicks is going to really get better as the season progresses. I'm biased since he went to my High School, but he's got some skill.

I have a feeling we will beat the shit out of Miami. Hope I'm right.
First road game...?

It's possible, but unlikely. More likely is that Rice/Hill/Egwu all get 2 fouls within 10 minutes and we're down by double digits at half.

I do expect us to stay with them though. Optimistically, I predict a second half run, culminating in a 5 point win after the refs blow a call and erroneously give us possession within the final minute!

iamblades

Kentucky fans, a 30 for 30 just for you is coming in March.

It's one about Laettner.

Oh yay, you mean i get to see that douchebag make that shot an extra half dozen times this year over the 150 times it is played during march every year?

Fuck that guy.

I will say this though, as someone who was just getting old enough to develop fan allegiances at that time, that game made damn sure I picked the good guys. There was literally 0% chance i wasn't going to be a UK fan for life after that game.

iamblades

Don't think we are really ready for this kind of grind it out half court game at this point of the year.

We need games like this to get ready for march though.

Seth C

I can't wait until they drop the shot clock(and hopefully not just to 30).

This pace is disgusting.

Yeah. The 30 second clock in the exhibition games was so much better. Lower would be fine, but even the women's college shot clock is shorter. Makes no sense at all.

iamblades

Solid second half, but our offense really sputtered at times. Gonna need to be better to beat Texas.

Our efficiency wasn't terrible, the issue is that we had to spend 10 seconds of shot clock pulling the ball out and setting up the new play every time they switched defenses, which made the pace even slower. We definitely have to get better at fluidly going to the next option when teams do that.

If teams can makes us spend 10 seconds of clock resetting our offense every time by switching to a matchup zone, they would love that, as priority number 1 for basically every team we play is to slow the game down to an absolute crawl. Maybe not teams like UNC or UL where the coaches are more stubborn about sticking to a particular tempo.

One thing I've noticed about Cal though, is that he never coaches to a style of play, if a team wants to play grind it out, he'll do that, if they want to play fast, he'll go with that as well. I think this is part of the reason his teams have success in the post season even when they struggle in the regular season.

ACC-B1G picks

Nebraska-FSU
Rutgers-Clemson

Pittsburgh-Indiana
Minnesota-WF
Syracuse-Michigan
Illinois-Miami
NCSU-Purdue
OSU-UL

MSU-ND
VT-PSU
Iowa-UNC
GT-Northwestern
UVA-Turtles
Duke-Wisconsin

B1G: 7
ACC: 7

(B1G retains the title in the event of a tie)

Before the season, I thought that Wisconsin with all of their experience and one of the best homecourt advantages in the country would overwhelm a young Duke team and beat them by around 12-15 points. Duke's been slightly better than I expected them to be, Badgers have probably been just as good as I expected them to be. I still think Wisconsin wins that game by 7-10 points.

I guess I'll predict the equally thrilling SEC v. Big 12 match-ups!

2013 Winner: Big 12 (7-3)

2014 predictions

Texas Tech Auburn
West Virginia LSU
Baylor Vanderbilt
Iowa State Arkansas
TCU Ole Miss
Texas Kentucky
Kansas Florida
Oklahoma Missouri
Oklahoma State South Carolina
Kansas State Tennessee

Prediction 8-2 for the Big 12

Seth C

I don't like your predictions, so here are mine!

Texas Tech Auburn
West Virginia LSU
Baylor Vanderbilt
Iowa State Arkansas
TCU Ole Miss
Texas Kentucky
Kansas Florida
Oklahoma Missouri
Kansas State Tennessee

5-5

At the end of the season I'd pick Florida over Kansas, but they are too depleted to do anything right now. The Kentucky game at Florida later in the season will be a battle. Arkansas is going to surprise some people this season. Tennessee probably won't actually win, but it will be a game to the very end.

I don't like your predictions, so here are mine!

Texas Tech Auburn
West Virginia LSU
Baylor Vanderbilt
Iowa State Arkansas
TCU Ole Miss
Texas Kentucky
Kansas Florida
Oklahoma Missouri
Kansas State Tennessee

5-5

At the end of the season I'd pick Florida over Kansas, but they are too depleted to do anything right now. The Kentucky game at Florida later in the season will be a battle. Arkansas is going to surprise some people this season. Tennessee probably won't actually win, but it will be a game to the very end.

Tennessee is 50/50 that game because they are playing in Knoxville and that gym is tough to play in as a visitor. How many scholarship players do they have now? 3?

We are ranked! In true Illini fashion I expect us to split our games this week and fall off next poll. But maybe this team is different.

Seth C

Tennessee is 50/50 that game because they are playing in Knoxville and that gym is tough to play in as a visitor. How many scholarship players do they have now? 3?

Not many. But they are rarely out of a game in Knoxville, so anything could happen. If I could pick numbers I'd say 3.5/6.5 SEC/Big12. If the West Virginia game as in Baton Rouge I might give LSU the edge in that one.

If it comes down to the ACC winning the belt or someone putting the stomp johnson on Carolina...Go BIG TEN!

If tonight is any indication though, this whole challenge will be wrapped up by tomorrow.

I still can't believe Clemson lost. Actually I can, they're Clemson.

stonesak

Okay, if you really insist
If it comes down to the ACC winning the belt or someone putting the stomp johnson on Carolina...Go BIG TEN!

If tonight is any indication though, this whole challenge will be wrapped up by tomorrow.

Yeah, but... Rutgers? Really?

thefro

I think the B1G will win at least 4 of the games tonight. Wednesday looks better for the ACC but they're pretty much going to have to run the table at that point.

Top Bottom