• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA 2014-15 Men's Basketball |OT| It's Cal's World, We're Just Living In It

pxleyes

Banned
As expected. Good effort though. Glad these guys have some fight in them, and i was happy to see the O Dome rocking again.

jakncoke

Banned
Such a 3 game stretch for us now. @Lville vs. NC @Virginia. If we lose the next but win the rest we should be able to get into at least the NIT. Artis continuing his hot streak, 21.1 ppg over the last 7

Wellscha

KorW0yx.jpg

RIP Dean Smith, you'll always be a Jayhawk and one of the greats who ever walked on Campus.

We love you.
Jayhawks everywhere.

Thoughts and prayers to Dean's family and friends, and UNC.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I personally believe in respecting the integrity of a rival, and understanding the difficulty he and his friends/family suffered going through that awful disease.

RIP Coach Smith

Bummed to see the Dean Smith news. I hate on UNC, but it's recent history only. Dude was pure class.

Nobody wants to be 2nd place in the Big Ten.
The Illini will take up the challenge! We survived yesterday's ref fuckery, anything is possible now!

1y5mdIu.gif

(pictured: after minutes of video review, a "dead ball" technical foul)

Ha Maryland looked like bootycheeks. First year in the conference and they're already stinking it up.

giphy.gif

(I know I talk a lot about a team that I claim not to be a rival. But I can't help it. They talk way too much shit as a fanbase for a team that's done very little historically. Their ineptitude sustains me in the down Duke times.)

inm8num2

The Illini will take up the challenge! We survived yesterday's ref fuckery, anything is possible now!

1y5mdIu.gif

(pictured: after minutes of video review, a "dead ball" technical foul)

That was bizarre. The way the announcers explained it, I understood why the refs had to make the call. Just a bad time for such a thing to happen. Fortunately for you guys, we're downright awful at free throws this year.

Iowa's remaining schedule:

MINN
@NW
RUTG
@NEB
ILL
@PSU
@ IND
NW

Our road is well-paved.

Of course we'll blow it though.

That does look favorable. I'm rooting for Iowa and Indiana as much as I can since those are the only "good" league wins MSU has, and we're going to need all the help we can get. Selection Sunday is going to be a bubbly one.

DominoKid

Ha Maryland looked like bootycheeks. First year in the conference and they're already stinking it up.

giphy.gif

(I know I talk a lot about a team that I claim not to be a rival. But I can't help it. They talk way too much shit as a fanbase for a team that's done very little historically. Their ineptitude sustains me in the down Duke times.)

they're not our problem anymore. never mention them again. its what they deserve.

That was bizarre. The way the announcers explained it, I understood why the refs had to make the call. Just a bad time for such a thing to happen. Fortunately for you guys, we're downright awful at free throws this year.
Announcers were full of it, the refs didn't even have a good explanation for the call in their postgame statement. They claimed it was a dead-ball foul (it wasn't). Who knows what they were thinking looking at the monitor...

And yeah, only reason we survived was you guys having such bizarre issues at the FT line. Could tell that it was killing Izzo in the postgame.

Servbot24

Banned
His continuous defense of piece of shit Woodbury

uh yeah? is a coach supposed to turn on his players?

anyhow i think woodbury is just clumsy. it's not like he thinks he can get away with it, he's on national television. i'm sure he's not completely oblivious of the fact that there are cameras there.

not to mention none of the players interviewed felt it was intentional

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Wouldn't be a Duke game if our opponent wasn't shooting at least twice their season 3Pt%...

Fjordson

We picked it up a bit towards the end. Booker and Towns still looking good.

Still just some weird defensive stuff that we're giving up inside that we didn't earlier in the season, though.

Top Bottom