• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA 2014-15 Men's Basketball |OT| It's Cal's World, We're Just Living In It

Looks like Saint Mary's is gagging this one up.

I watched the final 9 minutes of this. For 3 of them no one scored. It was 51-44 for forever.

Gonzaga closed out on a 26-9 run. St Mary's just kept dumping it to some 6'9" fat guy or letting their sub 6' guard attempt to drive. Just awful basketball.

Kevtones

Oregon is:

#3 in the Pac12
Just beat #9 Utah by 11.
On the right side of the bubble for the NCAA tournament.

They lost 12 PLAYERS from last season. Between scandal and transfers and graduation. They had 7 walk-ons and their coach/university is in the process of being sued.

It's nuts, really.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Oregon is:

#3 in the Pac12
Just beat #9 Utah by 11.
On the right side of the bubble for the NCAA tournament.

They lost 12 PLAYERS from last season. Between scandal and transfers and graduation. They had 7 walk-ons and their coach/university is in the process of being sued.

It's nuts, really.

Yeah it's pretty impressive. Dillon Brooks is a beast. Michigan was looking at him for a while but never managed to get him on campus for an offer.

Apparently, Louisville's Chris Jones threatened via text to hit a female student.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/28180420/u-of-l-police-chris-jones-threatened-to-smack-female-student

This was before his original suspension, though it's not known for sure if that suspension is related to this (I'd say it probably is) or if his dismissal is also related to it or other similar threats.

This might have just been something he would say in the heat of the moment that he would never actually do, but you can't say that, let alone actually do it.

Fjordson

Apparently, Louisville's Chris Jones threatened via text to hit a female student.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/28180420/u-of-l-police-chris-jones-threatened-to-smack-female-student

This was before his original suspension, though it's not known for sure if that suspension is related to this (I'd say it probably is) or if his dismissal is also related to it or other similar threats.

This might have just been something he would say in the heat of the moment that he would never actually do, but you can't say that, let alone actually do it.
He also got into a pretty serious fight in downtown Louisville last week. Dude is a mess.

There have been rumours since before Christmas that he would get kicked off the team, guess Ricky P couldn't turn the other way this time.

idk i'm not w/ kicking him off the team for that. that's harsh.

It would be enough for me to suspend the kid for a game without even talking to him. After I talked to him to guage his mental state, I'd then have to consider if I wanted to fight for him, because it would be a fight.

Between this and the things Fjordson alluded to (and who knows what else), I guess Pitino and/or the administration at Louisville did not want to go out on that particular limb.

So the worst game probably in the country, definitely in the ACC, this season was just played and strangely didn't involve Virginia.

Louisville scored one more point than Georgia Tech by the scoreboard but they both go down as losers in my book for that display.

Kansas State court storming crosses the line

It's one thing to go mob your team and cheer, it's another thing entirely to go get in the face of the opposing team and coach and taunt them. That's sucka shit because they know that the second that a player raises a finger to defend himself, he's going to be scrutinized to hell and back. I'm really surprised we haven't yet seen one of the bozos at these court storming get laid out, but it's trending that way.

It's one thing to go mob your team and cheer, it's another thing entirely to go get in the face of the opposing team and coach and taunt them. That's sucka shit because they know that the second that a player raises a finger to defend himself, he's going to be scrutinized to hell and back. I'm really surprised we haven't yet seen one of the bozos at these court storming get laid out, but it's trending that way.

I saw that last night, it was ridiculous. Those students stormed the same court just last year, for crying out loud.

I like the policy I think the SEC instituted, where if you storm the court, everyone gets tased. Seems fair and just.

Fjordson

They missed this - https://vine.co/v/OQPl6MIqAdF

Kansas assistant Kurtis Townsend getting in a solid chokehold on a fan who tried to run up to the Kansas players. I don't blame him for doing that, but holy hell what a bad look for everyone involved :lol 50 year old men mixing it up with college students.

I've never minded court storming (maybe partially because it doesn't happen often in the SEC) but it really is the worst idea ever when you think about it. And UK almost got burned by it last year when an Arkansas fan tried to go at Aaron Harrson.

harrisonarkfan2.jpeg

State plays UNC tonight which means despite Marcus Paige going for off for almost 40 points, State will find someway to keep it close until they lose in heartbreaking fashion at the very end. It is written.

Meanwhile, Maryland is beating Wisconsin? Hmm

Sconi you better beat the Turtles for your own sake.

If you don't they'll say they're your rival and hound you for it for the rest of time.

Or at least until they betray the conference and run to the Big East or some shit.

ACC's a strange beast.

This is the same Carolina team that looked offensively dominant a week ago in the second half of that game in Cameron.

18 against State?

DominoKid

this is one of the most embarrassing efforts i have ever seen from a UNC team. roy just needs to keep his mouth shut about the crowd and recruit better.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Before UNC fans fling themselves off the nearest cliffs, couple things to consider

1. NCSU beat Duke and L'ville
2. They almost beat UVA and should have beaten ND
3. This gets them (most likely) in the tourney
4. It wasn't Clemson.

Bigger news: Cuse is about to hand ND a loss at South Bend

The ACC just officially became a two horse race in one night. All we need is for Wake to give UVa a loss tomorrow and it will be game on*

*Of course assuming Duke doesn't crap up in Blacksburg which they've been known to do from time to time. Also assuming the Wake/UVa game is even played considering the blizard/apocalypse is coming to North Carolina tomorrow night.

DominoKid

Before UNC fans fling themselves off the nearest cliffs, couple things to consider

1. NCSU beat Duke and L'ville
2. They almost beat UVA and should have beaten ND
3. This gets them (most likely) in the tourney
4. It wasn't Clemson.

these things give us no solace. a win vs NC State is near equivalent to breathing as staple of life.

Top Bottom