• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA 2014-15 Men's Basketball |OT| It's Cal's World, We're Just Living In It

BTM

Seriously how the fuck does UCLA make it in over Temple? Temple 8-8 vs top 100, UCLA 5-11. Owls have 3 more wins and a much better RPI as well.

Thank god that UNC is not in Charlotte though.

People always act like Duke playing their opening rounds in North Carolina is a blessing but that's basically a road game when UNC's playing in the same building on the same day.

devilhawk

Considering the fact that Self's been ducking WSU for the longest, good on the committee for making that matchup a possibility.

#TVMatchupsAreTheBest
Self has never ducked WSU. Marshall has never even asked to play. Never even called. Granted it is prob because he knows the answer, but Marshall just likes to whine. KU used to play WSU all the time. The shockers got rolled so many times that they quit the matchup. Now they just want to play when it is convenient. KU has no reason to go play a mid major road game. No other blue blood would ever ever ever do that. KU won't either.

DarkFlow

Banned
At least Az can avenge that bullshit lose to OSU this year. Hope you're ready for a beat down Ohio. IF you make it past VCU that is.

CronoShot

Wow, KU got hosed. Nevermind UK (who demolished them by 30+), but Wichita State in the second round game as a 7? Lol. They should have lost to TCU on purpose and got a 3 seed. Would have gotten a way better draw.

I love how like last year we potentially have to face Oregon to get to the sweet 16 and Arizona to get to the Final Four just like last season.

Velcro Fly

What the fuck good is SOS if a team is 3 in fucking 12 against the top 50

You know what that looks like to me? An NIT team.

Can't consistently beat tourney teams? Well let's put you in the tourney anyway at least you tried!

Seriously how the fuck does UCLA make it in over Temple? Temple 8-8 vs top 100, UCLA 5-11. Owls have 3 more wins and a much better RPI as well.
March Madness without UCLA is not gonna happen. Sorry to say that. Also Wyoming winning a spot was the killer for alot of teams. Any team I feel bad for is Murray St

Bowser

The South? LOL no, it's not.

Yeah, ISU is really the only competition for Duke in that region. Part of the reason I'm taking ISU is because I can't stand to put Duke in my Final Four lol.

Realistically speaking we're getting UK/Duke in the title game, ugh.

DarkFlow

Banned
Yeah, ISU is really the only competition for Duke in that region. Part of the reason I'm taking ISU is because I can't stand to put Duke in my Final Four lol.

Down with Duke! Speaking of duke, I'm ready to watch I Hate Christian Laettner, because I do.

devilhawk

Wow, KU got hosed. Nevermind UK (who demolished them by 30+), but Wichita State in the second round game as a 7? Lol. They should have lost to TCU on purpose and got a 3 seed. Would have gotten a way better draw.
NMSU has a better Kenpom than two 12's and 2 13's. 50 plus spots better than every other 15. They are a pretty good team.

DopeToast

Banned
Wish that mid-major teams got a fairer shot. Not sure how I feel about Dayton being one of the last four in. That seems a bit harsh given the season they've had, but having them play another game here is going to be crazy. And it falls on St. Patrick's day. There are going to be so many cops here after the riots from the last two years.

thefro

Self has never ducked WSU. Marshall has never even asked to play. Never even called. Granted it is prob because he knows the answer, but Marshall just likes to whine. KU used to play WSU all the time. The shockers got rolled so many times that they quit the matchup. Now they just want to play when it is convenient. KU has no reason to go play a mid major road game. No other blue blood would ever ever ever do that. KU won't either.

WSU has to get past Indiana first. They don't have the height to exploit Indiana (although they do have some wide bodies).

ryseing

Wish that mid-major teams got a fairer shot. Not sure how I feel about Dayton being one of the last four in. That seems a bit harsh given the season they've had, but having them play another game here is going to be crazy. And it falls on St. Patrick's day. There are going to be so many cops here after the riots from the last two years.

P5 got way too much favortism this year. Absolute bullshit. Poor Temple.

W1SSY

CALGfooUsAAB5HB.png

Crisco

Banned
So wait, Miami didn't make it? Hahahahaha suck it Larranaga. Also I remember Alabama fans talking shit after we hired Gottfried when they dumped him for Grant. How'd that work out?

Kevtones

Even after that beat down we gave you last night?

For real, Oregon matches up HORRIBLY with Arizona. If we can somehow avoid Zona we've got an 80 point destiny loss waiting for us against UK in the final :D

Lol Kev. You lost to UCLA. Slim Chance.

Fair. It really makes no sense that UCLA got in despite them playing better these days….

Best wins
H-Utah by 3
H-Oregon by 9

Three more Top 100 wins against NIT teams.

Look at these losses:
N-Oklahoma by 10
N-UNC by 22
H-Gonzaga by 13
N-Kentucky by 39 (41-7 at halftime lol)
A-Utah by 32
A-Oregon by 18
A-Arizona by 30

Temple deserved the spot. Oh well - PAC 12 PAC 12 PAC 12

Top Bottom