• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA 2014-15 Men's Basketball |OT| It's Cal's World, We're Just Living In It

Always playing 2nd fiddle wiscy:

APTOPIX%20Playoff%20Champ_Schu%2812%29.jpg

If Ole Miss gets to play either Arizona or tOSU they will win. Arkansas/UNC would be a great game. LSU/Nova...yeah I don't know about that one but anything can happen.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Just noticed Utah is our #5 seed. The same Utah that's right behind us at #8 on Kenpom...

Yeah they make me nervous. Them and even Maryland. Surprised they were the 12th team.
I'm pulling for a UK/UM S16 matchup followed by UK/ND in the E8, I think those'd be the toughest games you guys will have seen this season.

I still see you guys coming out of the MW relatively easily, and I'm REALLY hoping we (Arizona) see you in the FF; I'm pretty confident we can pull off a win over Wiscy in LA, and I think us/UK would be a great game

I'm pulling for a UK/UM S16 matchup followed by UK/ND in the E8, I think those'd be the toughest games you guys will have seen this season.

I still see you guys coming out of the MW relatively easily, and I'm REALLY hoping we (Arizona) see you in the FF; I'm pretty confident we can pull off a win over Wiscy in LA, and I think us/UK would be a great game

You guys need to get passed Ole Miss first, who took us to overtime early in the year.

UK has played tougher teams than ND and UM. Not too worried about them.

Edit: I'll never forget the 97 championship against you all. I was 9 years old and cried for the first time over UK after that game. You bastard! lol.

If Ole Miss gets to play either Arizona or tOSU they will win. Arkansas/UNC would be a great game. LSU/Nova...yeah I don't know about that one but anything can happen.

Ole Miss won't even beat BYU, more than likely.

You can't compsre the way an SEC team plays against Kentucky to the way they'll play against anyone else. Hell, I bet they lose by 10+.

Kacar

When are the times announced or have they already been?

Also eh VCU the game will be fun at least, think Russell could shred the press. And Arizona was the team I was gonna pick to win it all since I want to go against Kentucky since 90% of my pool will pick them. Sucks we gotta face them.

Hoping for the best but not expecting to make it past the 1st weekend.

bachikarn

Ouch. We didn't even make the NIT. We are rated higher than every NIT team in KenPom and the BPI lol. Maybe if Kurtz didn't score on his own goal to lose to FSU...

Ole Miss won't even beat BYU, more than likely.

You can't compsre the way an SEC team plays against Kentucky to the way they'll play against anyone else. Hell, I bet they lose by 10+.

BYU literally played no one this year. I don't know why I can't use any metric I want to make my predictions. No one knows what is going to happen but anyone's guess could be right on any given night.

You should be rooting for the SEC anyways. What is wrong with you? Don't you want our run this year to be more meaningful? The more SEC wins in the tourney the less haters get to talk about how our undefeated run wasn't that impressive. Which we will hear that anyways.

Edit:
Ouch. We didn't even make the NIT. We are rated higher than every NIT team in KenPom and the BPI lol. Maybe if Kurtz didn't score on his own goal to lose to FSU...

Florida said they wouldn't take an NIT bid.

When are the times announced or have they already been?

Also eh VCU the game will be fun at least, think Russell could shred the press. And Arizona was the team I was gonna pick to win it all since I want to go against Kentucky since 90% of my pool will pick them. Sucks we gotta face them.

Hoping for the best but not expecting to make it past the 1st weekend.

430 on Thursday for our game

Watched about 10 minutes and looks great. I have to catch it from the start.

I don't watch many 30 for 30s, so I don't know how it compares, but I enjoyed it (of course, I'm a Duke fan, makes it easier).

People that didn't live in that era, I hate that you missed it. College basketball was so awesome back then.

Proelite

As a Duke fan, I am scared of my 16 seed matchup.

They're the best 16th seed according to all stats rankings, and better than 3 of the 4 15 seeds.

They also shoot 3s very well, and will be taller in 3 of 5 positions.

They have a 7% chance willing against us according to Kenpom, but one should probably double that chance given all our "cupcake" opponents play out of their minds.

If you want to YOLO on your bracket challenge, pick us to be the first 1 seed to be upset by a 16 seed.

chris121580

So Yogi tweeted yesterday that he's "doing his research." I really don't see any benefit for him leaving for the NBA when he's not a first rounder. If he stays another year and has a huge season, he could be a first rounder next year.

Gonzaga's losing both of their guards this year but with Sabonis coming back we should have one of the most dominant front courts as long as Karnowski works on his conditioning. Hoping we have some decent guards coming.

Fjordson

I'm pretty depressed about this season still. I got too confident and assumed we would win the title. I've avoided that in the past, but this year I really bought into the 40-0 stuff. Feels like an empty season now, despite going 38-1. And I know that we'll never be in position to go undefeated again like that. We were so damn close...

And it's sad that this year's team will be broken up now. I know everyone assumes UK players are bad, but they really all seemed like good kids. And the selfless play throughout the season from every dude on the roster was really fun to watch. Was unlike any other team Cal's had here.

We should be good again next year, but it's hard to get excited. We'll be worse than our team this year that couldn't seal the deal.

Top Bottom