• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA 2014-15 Men's Basketball |OT| It's Cal's World, We're Just Living In It

Zack Spears
‏@Zacklopedia
BREAKING: Boston College PG Olivier Hanlan will declare for the NBA Draft & forgo his Sr year, per multiple sources. #BCEagles

I see Hanlan got tired of carrying bums and decided to move on.

chris121580

Seems like an odd place to announce you're coming back for your senior season...would make more sense to celebrate "the next phase" of your career, right?

Exactly. I blame Lebron and his stupid "The Decision" for all these college players thinking they need to make some huge deal about announcing whether they're staying or going

Exactly. I blame Lebron and his stupid "The Decision" for all these college players thinking they need to make some huge deal about announcing whether they're staying or going

High school kids having ESPN cover them putting on one of 8 different hats on a table preceded The Decision.™

That said, seems like this kid is unnecessarily dragging this out.

Justice Winslow just announced he's going pro.

If nothing else, Duke will have a lot of schollies next year. If you are really freaking tall, freakishly athletic, or can play point guard send in a mixtape to K and you just might get 65,000 dollars worth of free college next year.

Fjordson

Not too surprised. Think Justise will do quite well at the next level.

Speaking of one and dones, Barry Rohrssen has left UK to join Chris Mullin's new staff at St. John's. He's longtime friends with Mullin and is from New York, but this is a bummer. He was a great guy by all accounts, a good coach, and a solid recruiter (played a big role in the Isaiah Briscoe recruitment).

Been a rough month for UK since the loss to Wiscy. And to top it all off, it sounds like Cal will be missing on some of the uncommitted targets still left in the '15 class. Stephen Zimmerman, Malik Newman, Jaylen Brown, Brandon Ingram, etc.

The City of Durham gave a celebration for the Duke team just an hour or so ago. (at the American Tobacco Campus)

CClUIrWUwAANUwT.jpg

Jahlil Okafor and Justice Winslow were not present. Tyus Jones was.

Speculate as you will.

K just announced that Tyus is entering the draft.

So yeah...original offer stands. Anyone who thinks they can play point guard, come get this money. (By money I really mean free education)

Bowser

For public consumption.

Lacey wasn't going to raise his stock anymore next year, especially with the shit sandwich team State is bringing back. Even if he doesn't get drafted, he's the kind of player that will show well in summer league and probably stick on the back end of someone's roster. If not, he'll make a decent living in Europe.

Bowser

And it's all coming up for roses for Chapel Hill.

State and Virginia both lose their best players, Duke loses four starters off a championship team.

Well, we did lose Tokoto. Yes, he wasn't really an offensive force and made a bunch of boneheaded turnovers, but he was a jack of all trades and our best defensive player.

If we land Ingram and Kenny Williams (as a shooter off the bench), then yeah, it's title or bust next season.

Fjordson

Don't want to be down on transfer kids, but the last two we had were Ryan Harrow and Julius Mays. Mays was unspectacular and Harrow was a disaster.

DominoKid

Well, we did lose Tokoto. Yes, he wasn't really an offensive force and made a bunch of boneheaded turnovers, but he was a jack of all trades and our best defensive player.

If we land Ingram and Kenny Williams (as a shooter off the bench), then yeah, it's title or bust next season.

Its title or bust anyway.

3 star center Antonio Vrankovic just committed to Duke.

nsr.gif

I mean, he's 6'11 so that has to count for something, and like I said, Duke has about a million open schollies to give for next year, but...

K's kinda scraping the bottom of the barrel on that one. A worse Marshall Plumlee isn't really going to help the team out.

They get Ingram and a 2016 PG to reclassify and it's cool tho

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
3 star center Antonio Vrankovic just committed to Duke.

nsr.gif

I mean, he's 6'11 so that has to count for something, and like I said, Duke has about a million open schollies to give for next year, but...

K's kinda scraping the bottom of the barrel on that one. A worse Marshall Plumlee isn't really going to help the team out.

They get Ingram and a 2016 PG to reclassify and it's cool tho

We need bodies in order to have full practices, and after next year we'd only have Jeter and Obi for big men with Marshall and Amile graduating. He'll be better in that role than any walk-on would be.

Fjordson

Brandon Ingram is going to Duke it looks like. And Thornton will as well, possibly for next year.

Coach K owning everyone in recruiting now. It's annoying. I miss when UK had the market cornered on one and dones =[

How dare you. Uncle Julius was a treasure.
Lmao, I mean I liked Mays a lot and on a good team his 3's and defense would have been invaluable, but we'll need that more than that for next year.

TERPS PREZ CONSIDERS ALCOHOL SALES
A student proposal to allow beer and wine sales at Maryland athletic events is under review and could be put in place by this fall. Revenue would go to "campus-wide student support activities such as mental health services, responsible drinking initiatives and diversity training," the university said.

Pray for the good people of College Park yall.

Adding alcohol fuel to their semi-annual riots is the last thing that the Turtles needed.

TERPS PREZ CONSIDERS ALCOHOL SALES
A student proposal to allow beer and wine sales at Maryland athletic events is under review and could be put in place by this fall. Revenue would go to "campus-wide student support activities such as mental health services, responsible drinking initiatives and diversity training," the university said.

Pray for the good people of College Park yall.

Adding alcohol fuel to their semi-annual riots is the last thing that the Turtles needed.

The additional revenue should go straight to campus (and surrounding area) police.

Bowser

Ingram's recruitment is coming down to what I assume to be its final 10 days. Final in-home visit schedule:

April 17 - Duke (AM)
April 17 - UK (PM)
April 18 - Kansas
April 20 - NC State
April 22 - UNC
TBD - UCLA

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Is it bad that I've gone into football mode? Duke just picked up two 4 star OL and are looking to get a commit from a 4 star QB this week (first since Renfree). I've come to terms that we're going to suck next year in basketball. Football still needs to win a bowl game, not just play well in them.

Tyus and Jah outchea still earning their schollies

CC6EEGMWgAAP2xj.jpg:large

(2016 #4 SG Tyus Battle visiting Duke right now)

Matt looks like he's already gone into full Don't Give A Fuck/ LDOC mode

Is it bad that I've gone into football mode? Duke just picked up two 4 star OL and are looking to get a commit from a 4 star QB this week (first since Renfree). I've come to terms that we're going to suck next year in basketball. Football still needs to win a bowl game, not just play well in them.

I can't get into college football until August.

Fjordson

Tyus Battle is yet another top one and done Duke will definitely get. Think Coach K even told him to cut UK from his list early just for laughs.

iamblades

okafor must be shorter than advertised.

I've been suspicious about that from the start, I really wanted to see him go up against Towns and WCS for that reason. It may just be camera stuff or it may just be because he is thicker, but he didn't look anywhere close to as big as those guys.

Granted we are only talking about a couple inches here and standing reach is the more important number anyway, but if Okafor is 6'11" and Kaminsky is 7'0", WCS has to be 7'2" at least.

Combine measurements should be interesting.

Fjordson

Duke just landed Derryck Thornton.

But Coach K's power level is increasing. Not only did he get a top 20 player, he got him to reclassify to 2015. Unreal.

Bowser

K is taking over. Gotta imagine Ingram follows Thornton to Duke. Cal is getting left in the dust surprisingly. I don't think UK's getting Newman (sounds like Howland's gonna bag him) or Ingram. Better hope they land Brown, but I think he's Adidas bound (KU/UCLA would be my guess). Sounds like Arizona State (lol) is the favorite for Maker now and I think Diallo is down to KU or St. John's.

Top Bottom