• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA 2014-15 Men's Basketball |OT| It's Cal's World, We're Just Living In It

Bowser

Didn't dude just commit?

CEbj0UIUgAAsK12.jpg

Saw this on ESPN

LAETTNER STILL TORTURING BIG BLUE NATION
In Kentucky, being compared to Christian Laettner is the ultimate insult. So when the villain from Duke heard his name being used in the heated race for governor, he playfully found a way to troll UK fans once again.

AbCfSol.png

#GOAT

thefro

What the fuck are you doing Devin Davis??? Crean has to revoke his scholarship...no other way around it after what went down with Troy and Stan. This is just ridiculous. He could've made a worthwhile contribution off the bench too

http://www.insidethehall.com/2015/05/12/devin-davis-cited-for-possession-of-marijuana/

Yeah, that's incredibly stupid considering it was in a dorm room on campus. You'd think when you're a junior/senior (Perea was with him) you would know to at least smoke off-campus somewhere.

Fjordson

But...Cal Berkeley basketball...18-15 last year...no titles in 50 years...Cuonzo Martin the coach
full

guess you gotta start somewhere

Yeah, that's incredibly stupid considering it was in a dorm room on campus. You'd think when you're a junior/senior (Perea was with him) you would know to at least smoke off-campus somewhere.

Maybe it was medicinal weed to help Davis with his recovery from the accident last fall. :)

I'm more interested in seeing how this plays out for Perea. He was already skating on thin ice.

thefro

But...Cal Berkeley basketball...18-15 last year...no titles in 50 years...Cuonzo Martin the coach
full

guess you gotta start somewhere

Swanigan's "legal guardian" is Roosevelt Barnes who is buddies with Cuonzo since they're both Purdue basketball alums.

Bill Guthridge passed away last night. For those that don't know or don't remember, he was a long-time assistant, succeeded Dean Smith at Carolina, coached for 3 seasons and went to 2 Final Fours before retiring in 2000.

ACC-B1G Challenge Match-Ups leaking out

METEOR BOWL: Turtles at Tarheels

Indiana at Duke
Louisville at Michigan State
Virginia at Ohio State
Notre Dame at Illinois
Wisconsin at Syracuse
Michigan at NC State

Fjordson

Sounds like UK and Calipari are close to finalizing a new deal that adds another year to his contract and puts his salary over 8 million. Also has a $1.6 million "longevity bonus" that kicks in July 1st.

Not sure if this was in response to the Chicago / New Orleans NBA rumours, but that'd be great if he takes it. Feel like if we get through this summer and maybe next he'll be at UK for a long time.

Should have been Duke and Maryland.

Nah Maryland-UNC will be the better game.

Something tells me it's going to be much rougher going in the early season for these Duke freshmen. They don't have the chemistry built up from years of knowing each other like the Jones-Winslow-Okafor trio did.

Fjordson

I liked the news that Calipari is signing a new contract and getting a salary bump, but I just learned that Billy D signed a new extension last month shortly before leaving to OKC.

Hmm
patrice.png

Sean Miller will replace Billy Donovan as the USA U-19 coach.

Fully expect to see some articles about that being an unfair recruiting advantage from Wojnarowski in the future.

Also, the "K's ducking Maryland!" chants that have been coming out of College Park since they left the ACC have started again. As if he has any control over the ACC/B1G challenge match-ups.

MBB Rules Committee Proposals for 2015-16

1. Strict Enforcement of Defensive Rules
2. Providing Offensive Players Same Principles of Verticality Protections as Defensive Players
3. Move Restricted Area Arc Out From 3 feet to 4 feet
4. Number of Timeouts Reduced From 5 to 4 With No More Than 3 Carried Over Into 2nd Half.
5. Stricter Enforcement of Resumption of Play Coming Out of Timeouts and After a Player Has Fouled Out
6. Team Timeouts Within 30 seconds Prior To Media Timeouts Will Become Media Timeouts, With Exception of 1st Team Timeout in 2nd Half

7. REDUCE THE SHOT CLOCK TO 30 SECONDS

Edit: And more!

NCAA March Madness @marchmadness · 11m 11 minutes ago
Other #MBBRules proposals include eliminating coach-called live ball timeouts and 10 second backcourt timer will not reset with timeout.

NCAA March Madness @marchmadness · 9m 9 minutes ago
More #MBBRules proposals: Hanging on rim technical reduced to 1 shot; elimination of 5-second closely guarded; allow pregame warmup dunking.

I'm with everything except for eliminating the 5 second closely guarded. Don't encourage people turtling with the ball until they get fouled.

Bilas clarified that the rule only eliminates the 5 second call on players who are dribbling. Still in effect for a player holding the ball for 5 seconds.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Sean Miller will replace Billy Donovan as the USA U-19 coach.

Fully expect to see some articles about that being an unfair recruiting advantage from Wojnarowski in the future.

Also, the "K's ducking Maryland!" chants that have been coming out of College Park since they left the ACC have started again. As if he has any control over the ACC/B1G challenge match-ups.

Only if Miller starts getting Cal's targets.

Silkworm

Top guard KeVaughn Allen will remain with UF

Yes! Coach White keeps KeVaughn Allen in the fold! Awesome news as I was afraid Arkansas was going to be able to nab him with the departure of Billy Donovan. This is White's first big recruiting (okay, re-recruiting) success of his new tenure as head coach of the Gators. This was a position of need for next year's team, and I'm glad Coach White was able to get Allen to come to Florida despite the departure of Billy.

So White was able to keep 3 of the 4 players that originally signed with the Gators when Donovan was still at the helm. Hopefully most of the other players currently on the team will remain and not end up transferring but time will tell.

Go Gatas! :)

Top Bottom