• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA March Madness 2016 - Men's Tournament |OT| Nobody is good this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunar FC

I spend most of my basketball shitposting time in /r/collegebasketball (I know) and that was a serious argument by a KU fan the other day. "These upsets just ruin great seasons by great teams!"

If your team was great they would have held off a team that is less physically talented than you but wanted the win more.

Idgaf if a blue blood get upset. But when you're a 'mid major' with a small window for tournament success and you earned a high seed. Losing to a 14 seed that got hot is like the worst feeling in the world.

boxter432

pretty blatant offensive foul/push off to get that rebound. after the bad charge call a little earlier.

make your free throws though Temple.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Idgaf if a blue blood get upset. But when you're a 'mid major' with a small window for tournament success and you earned a high seed. Losing to a 14 seed that got hot is like the worst feeling in the world.

The tourney in general is about match ups and attrition and sometimes some good teams get shit on because of that bad game. A playoff series tho for CBB would be a disaster. If the good players stayed 2+ years, maybe not, but as it is, it would be terrible TV.

reKon

Banned
1496668_10153691409033800_4004598360163571049_n.jpg

Lol

Patrick Stevens ‏@D1scourse 6m6 minutes ago
Michigan State is the first No. 2 seed that spent time at No. 1 in the AP poll to lose to a No. 15. cc: @laurakeeley @stevewisemanNC

Patrick Stevens ‏@D1scourse 4m4 minutes ago
Previous poll peaks for 2s upset by 15s: 2 (12 Mizzou) | 3 (91 Cuse, 93 Zona,
12 Duke
) | 4 (97 SoCar) | 5 (13 G-town) | 6 (01 Iowa State)

Sparty

If Maryland can continue to play like this they might prove to be a title threat again.

Granted, they would have to get through Kansas to do so, but this play is really encouraging.

alejob

Holy hell MSU! Ha ha.

I'm all for small conference schools. P5 are cheating mofos. Play on the road in the regular season you chickens!

ryseing

Holy hell MSU! Ha ha.

I'm all for small conference schools. P5 are cheating mofos. Play on the road in the regular season you chickens!

There's literally no reason to, financial or otherwise. IIRC RPI was adjusted to account for road wins but it ended up backfiring and actually just rewarded not losing at home.

Look at UNC/UNI this past season. You get a crappy loss on your resume but no real gain if you win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom