• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA March Madness 2016 - Men's Tournament |OT| Nobody is good this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I'd love to know where you got 4 times from. But really, I'm just happy that we out here salty over a couple of Flagrant 1s

Everyone assumes that whenever Makai Mason went flailing on the floor and Allen was in proximity that Allen tripped him. Even The Big Lead had their Zapruder film where it kinda sorta maybe if you squint just right Allen sticks his foot out, never mind that Mason is surrounded by 3 other guys.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
He tripped at least two more guys in the Yale game.

lol, no. One of those supposed "trips" Mason was already flailing forward going down the lane to try to draw any sort of foul, Allen didn't touch him.

And now Allen is a punk and a bad sport because he didn't love the asshole 3 Brooks dropped at end of the game, or the barking he was doing up in Allen's face so he didn't hug him back. Thats I want to do, hug the guy that just showed me up in a loss. Somehow if it was reversed, Allen would be that much bigger of an asshole.

Its been pointed out before, Justise Winslow already exposed the agenda. Homeboy was kicking dudes and doing ankle locks and the media didn't say shit because he was black and he didn't fit the profile. Honestly they can go fuck themselves with their hypocritical bullshit.

Jarate

Banned
Who honestly gives a shit. I fucking despise Duke, and shit like this just happenes. Sure he's probably a fucking little shit, but so is 90% of the players who play on big teams

I like Allen as a prospect personally. Although, it depends on how well he'll play defense since his measurable line up with a guy like Nik Stauskas, who's a freaking mess on defense

Proelite

This is ridiculous. He's tripped guys on at least 4 occasions this season and now acting like a spoiled brat. If anything it hasn't gotten enough attention this season how big an asshole he is.

I hope that asshole comes back to win a title next season while not so obviously leaving a trail of tripped over bodies. The more people are pissed the better.

It gives me great pleasure to see people that doesn't need to squirm squirm.

Who honestly gives a shit. I fucking despise Duke, and shit like this just happenes. Sure he's probably a fucking little shit, but so is 90% of the players who play on big teams

I like Allen as a prospect personally. Although, it depends on how well he'll play defense since his measurable line up with a guy like Nik Stauskas, who's a freaking mess on defense

I give a shit because while we focus on something like "did he trip that dude again or no?" It takes the shine away from all the kids who should actually be celebrated. Like that Jordan Bell kid on Oregon, who had a terrific game, or Brandon Ingram, who turned in his final game--no surprise, it was stellar--after the best freshmen season anyone's ever had at Duke.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Can you imagine the outrage if the situation was reversed and Grayson was the one hitting that 3 and getting up in Brooks's face after winning?

Kevtones

12022442_10102435832833386_8946297728867853545_o.jpg

Great W from the rafters.

Also, Brooks done troll??? Go to 34 seconds and watch after his 3...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZEJJDIjsPE

Piggus

lol, no. One of those supposed "trips" Mason was already flailing forward going down the lane to try to draw any sort of foul, Allen didn't touch him.

And now Allen is a punk and a bad sport because he didn't love the asshole 3 Brooks dropped at end of the game, or the barking he was doing up in Allen's face so he didn't hug him back. Thats I want to do, hug the guy that just showed me up in a loss. Somehow if it was reversed, Allen would be that much bigger of an asshole.

Its been pointed out before, Justise Winslow already exposed the agenda. Homeboy was kicking dudes and doing ankle locks and the media didn't say shit because he was black and he didn't fit the profile. Honestly they can go fuck themselves with their hypocritical bullshit.

Can you imagine the outrage if the situation was reversed and Grayson was the one hitting that 3 and getting up in Brooks's face after winning?

Jesus Christ who cares about the three at the end. What did it change? Nothing, other than salting up the Duke fanbase apparently. Be happy that your program is incredibly successful and move on. Brooks got an extra practice shot it after Altman signaled for it. Big deal. Likewise, it's not really a big deal that Allen shut down the hug attempted. Who. Fucking. Cares. Time to sweep up the salt and look forward to what will probably be an awesome season next year.

Fjordson

Coach K being upset about that 3 (or whatever made him mad ) is lame. And him confronting Brooks in the handshake line is extra lame. Dude just needed to move it along.

Fjordson

Lying about it afterwards was worse IMO.
Agreed, but I just don't like the whole thing to begin with. Brooks ain't his player and he didn't even do anything that bad. Shooting one last shot to avoid the shot clock violation turnover isn't that rare.

Think K's lecture was more about the taunting before and after the shot thah the fact he actually took it.

However, I agree with the general point he should have just left it alone.

Fjordson

Being mad about the taunting makes a little more sense, but just a weird thing for him to do imo. He's not the patron saint of basketball, no need to police other teams.

Jesus Christ who cares about the three at the end. What did it change? Nothing, other than salting up the Duke fanbase apparently. Be happy that your program is incredibly successful and move on. Brooks got an extra practice shot it after Altman signaled for it. Big deal. Likewise, it's not really a big deal that Allen shut down the hug attempted. Who. Fucking. Cares. Time to sweep up the salt and look forward to what will probably be an awesome season next year.

We're not the ones who had a problem with the taunt and shot. K and Grayson did, but they were the ones competing and they're entitled to feel how they feel.

But apparently Verne Lundquist and SportingNews and ESPN Radio also some hot takes at the ready, and that's who we had problems with. If you feel like the conversation isn't about the great game Oregon played--which it should've been--blame these guy. It's not on us.

Piggus

We're not the ones who had a problem with the taunt and shot. K and Grayson did, but they were the ones competing and they're entitled to feel how they feel.

But apparently Verne Lundquist and SportingNews and ESPN Radio also some hot takes at the ready, and that's who we had problems with. If you feel like the conversation isn't about the great game Oregon played--which it should've been--blame these guy. It's not on us.

Trust me, I'm not just blaming you guys. That doesn't make the argument any less pointless IMO.

Kevtones

Feel like Coach K was enacting his 'need to coach'. It wasn't his place but I get why he did it. Thought what Grayson did was fine. Same with Brooks.

Emotions were high, that's it.

Proelite

Well said.
I don't think Duke fans cared about the 3. I don't think K or Grayson cared. Not sure what the who lecture thing was about. No one did except Espn and the media trying to drum up clicks.

Proelite

Coach K skirting around it was pretty lame.

No he didn't.

He said "you're a terrific player" to Brooks twice in the handshake line. The reporter probably messed up asking the question. I think K said something during the game when Brooks was trash talking the bench, which was what Brooks was referring to, not about an exchange during the handshake line.

Kevtones

No he didn't.

He said "you're a terrific player" to Brooks twice in the handshake line. The reporter probably messed up asking the question. I think K probably said something during the game when Brooks was trash talking the bench.

Watch the post-game presser then watch their handshake. Brooks says 'my bad'. It's pretty obvious and there's a reason their accounts differ.

Altogether no big deal. Only relevant story is Oregon/Oklahoma.

Proelite

Watch the post-game presser then watch their handshake. Brooks says 'my bad'. It's pretty obvious and there's a reason their accounts differ.

Altogether no big deal. Only relevant story is Oregon/Oklahoma.

This controversy is the top headline on ESPN college basketball. :D

Congrats to Duck and Brooks for great performance.

Kevtones

This controversy is the top headline on ESPN college basketball. :D

Congrats to Duck and Brooks for great performance.

Seriously, it's ridiculous. I was in nosebleeds and had no idea 'something happened'. Driving home I heard all this talk about it and then I saw it... Lol. Non-story.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member

lol calm down bro, no salt here from me. I'm annoyed it's getting any attention at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom