• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA March Madness 2016 - Men's Tournament |OT| Nobody is good this year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure this has been said but Oklahoma BLEW OUT Villanova earlier this year by 23 points.

23+44 = 67

This has to be the largest point differential of two games played by two teams in the same year ever. That's just INSANE.

Our biggest enemies are ourselves. For the past couple years it seems like we play hard against tough teams and flop against givens. Wildcats are SO susceptible to momentum, it's insane. Against Kansas and Oklahoma we were winning early and hold that lead for most, if not all, of the game.

Right now we have a perfect storm. The relationship Jay Wright has with the current seniors is pure gold. Campus is lit, emotions are running higher than ever and there are a million Wildcats in Houston. If they can't win under these conditions...The cats are gonna have a rough future. Just, give Arch his ring!

Fjordson

Monday, we're all Wildcats.

And we're thankful they're not from Lexington.
Fypcmlz.gif

Kaibutsu

Wereroku

NCAA, there's still time to end this charade and rule Carolina ineligible.

Mmmm sorry ratings say no.

Also this is completely unrelated but I wish the NCAA didn't have the stranglehold they have in the US. Most other places have minor league teams for people who want to play the games without the pretense of doing it for free to get an education. AHL and Minor League Baseball are all good alternatives to college for good players who want to start making money.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Mmmm sorry ratings say no.

Also this is completely unrelated but I wish the NCAA didn't have the stranglehold they have in the US. Most other places have minor league teams for people who want to play the games without the pretense of doing it for free to get an education. AHL and Minor League Baseball are all good alternatives to college for good players who want to start making money.

The D-League is a thing. But the NBA doesn't seem to want to push it for these purposes.

I wonder if UNC could be competitively rusty playing all these average teams in the tournament. Nova is by far their best opponent since the ACC tournament.

And on the other hand, Nova just went through quite a string of tough opponents with Miami, KU, and OU.

Is Grover going to be okay with the Panthers losing the SB and UNC winning NCAA tournament in the same year?

How many L can one man take?

I'm so scressed right now man

I don't need these issues :(

Jay Wright, you fabulous motherfucker pls :(

Also,

Rush the Court ‎@rushthecourt
Tonight's final: $48 to get in. $75 for a lower level seat. If you are around Houston, this is about as cheap as it gets for a title game.

1hGWtzn.png

DominoKid

man i am far too calm about this game. i think its because win or lose Paige/Brice/James are gone so it's the end of an era. and i'm just really happy i got to see them play out the full season to the final night after all of the bullshit they've had to deal with over the years. win or lose i can smile about this season and i didn't think i'd be saying that a couple months ago.

81-67 Heels. just gotta hope Nova isn't still dumb hot because i think were better in both slow and fast paced games.

i also think it's really neat that Britt and Jenkins get to play vs each other for the title.

Nah don't worry.

Nova gonna conveniently forget how to shoot.

Carolina by 20

michael-scott-the-worst.gif

At least this is the end for Paige and Johnson. Ready for those cats to go somewhere else. And thanks to the good, hard-working people at the NCAA, Carolina's recruiting has been hurt going forward regardless of what (if-any) sanctions come down.

DominoKid

Nah don't worry.

Nova gonna conveniently forget how to shoot.

Carolina by 20

michael-scott-the-worst.gif

At least this is the end for Paige and Johnson. Ready for those cats to go somewhere else. And thanks to the good, hard-working people at the NCAA, Carolina's recruiting has been hurt going forward regardless of what (if-any) sanctions come down.

that isn't the worst. the worst will be if we win, the NCAA kicks rocks, and Roy actually learns how to recruit and intergrate 1&Dones properly. i'd fear for your wellbeing if that comes to pass Grover.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
that isn't the worst. the worst will be if we win, the NCAA kicks rocks, and Roy actually learns how to recruit and intergrate 1&Dones properly. i'd fear for your wellbeing if that comes to pass Grover.

Now Domino, you know Roy can't help himself but trick some one and dones into staying until they're exposed and their draft stock is gone. You weren't getting Ingram because of some sanction bs, y'all weren't getting Ingram because he wasn't hearing none of that "now looky here son, you come back fer next year, n I'll sure git you to that ol NBA"
....and he was a big Duke fan anyway.

Also, you thought we were dead and gone after 09 and your boy was on top of the world. Didn't happen tho. Next year, we're comin' back and hell is coming with us. Pray Grayson leaves, Domino. Its your only hope.

Gonna be exciting here at UNC regardless of the outcome. They took down all the street signs and benches and shit across campus over the weekend just to save them from the aftermath. Fun times.

Jarate

Banned
I used to attend Jay Wright's basketball camps as a kid. He was always a really nice dude.

Philly deserves this though, have you seen how shit their pro teams are?

I'm a UK fan but my hunch is Nova easily wins just based on what I've seen in the tournament. Not gonna delve into it because it is a random highly uneducated opinion but just a basketball guess.

Also the fact that Nova is a better team and unless Bryce has 40 pts UNC has no chance.

ryseing

I'm a UK fan but my hunch is Nova easily wins just based on what I've seen in the tournament. Not gonna delve into it because it is a random highly uneducated opinion but just a basketball guess.

Also the fact that Nova is a better team and unless Bryce has 40 pts UNC has no chance.

Carolina's bigs are better. Nova's going to have to shoot well again.

Carolina's bigs are better. Nova's going to have to shoot well again.

They didn't just win because they shot well. They completely rattled a better team. WVU beat UK in 2010 because they shot well for example. Nova could lose but something just tells me this is their year

DominoKid

its cause nova is outchea dragging pivot feet like dead bodies.

this atmosphere feels almost nonexistant. can i go back in time and stop whoever decided to do this shit in football stadiums?

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Roy cashed in all of those timeouts he's been saving all season and traded them for a massive boost in everyone's three-point shooting skill tree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom