• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2010-2011 Season OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
UCF/UF game underway in the Amway Center in Orlando. UCF up early, but a ton of basketball to be played. Probably equal fan-wise in attendance.

pxleyes

Banned
SyNapSe said:
It would appear you won. That's a great win for UCF
Little soon to say that. Florida is worse than last year, and we have the same starters and more depth. Go figure.

fyi, UCF's chants are fucking awful. How in the world did that ever get accepted?

pxleyes said:
Little soon to say that. Florida is worse than last year, and we have the same starters and more depth. Go figure.

fyi, UCF's chants are fucking awful. How in the world did that ever get accepted?
Well considering UCF HATES UF and everything they stand for, won against them for the 1st time in basketball, and beat you as a ranked team even if you view yourselves as overrated, it is kind of big lol. But it was a great game despite UCF's stretch of like 12-14 straight missed FGs in the second half.

And yeah, our chants are.... interesting to say the least. The "stomp, stomp, clap, whoosh, UCF" wasn't bad as the band did a little thing at the end too, but now they don't and it's just meh... The other one with us looking like we're waving is also meh, but it is supposed to represent us unsheathing a sword... or something.

jakncoke

Banned
our rebounding is beast right now, if this continues Duquesne will be in trouble. ofc we got to stop being so damn stupid as well.

pxleyes

Banned
GoldenEye 007 said:
Well considering UCF HATES UF and everything they stand for, won against them for the 1st time in basketball, and beat you as a ranked team even if you view yourselves as overrated, it is kind of big lol. But it was a great game despite UCF's stretch of like 12-14 straight missed FGs in the second half.

And yeah, our chants are.... interesting to say the least. The "stomp, stomp, clap, whoosh, UCF" wasn't bad as the band did a little thing at the end too, but now they don't and it's just meh... The other one with us looking like we're waving is also meh, but it is supposed to represent us unsheathing a sword... or something.
Why DO UCF fans hate us so much? There is at least 50% crossover in fan bases, and there is really no reason for it unless its just pure jealousy. It may have been a good game from UCF's end, but UF just put up about the worst performance in the last 3 years tonight.

pxleyes

Banned
Talon- said:
Isn't UCF in Orlando?

That's probably why they're angry.
That makes no sense. Orlando is a great city, and our new arena (first trip there tonight) is fucking out of site. Easily the best indoor arena in the nation.

There should be a trollface comic for this Purdue/VaTech game. Something like:

1) tie game with solid defense
2) stop scoring
3) inifinite overtimes.

And then the last panel is some Duke fan FUUUU-ing at the TV.

pxleyes said:
Why DO UCF fans hate us so much? There is at least 50% crossover in fan bases, and there is really no reason for it unless its just pure jealousy. It may have been a good game from UCF's end, but UF just put up about the worst performance in the last 3 years tonight.
I don't know. I think it's the jorts... and jealousy for sure. That and I think UCF faithful are trying to carve out their own identity, with that, it is extremely annoying to see UCF students or people in close proximity to UCF root for the Gators, etc. and people want to see true UCF fans... which is building slowly but surely.

Edit: And yeah, I love being in Orlando. So that can't be it.

pxleyes

Banned
GoldenEye 007 said:
I don't know. I think it's the jorts... and jealousy for sure. That and I think UCF faithful are trying to carve out their own identity, with that, it is extremely annoying to see UCF students or people in close proximity to UCF root for the Gators, etc. and people want to see true UCF fans... which is building slowly but surely.

Edit: And yeah, I love being in Orlando. So that can't be it.
UCF has been carving that niche for about the last 20 years now. You would think the sheer size of the school would do something for that now. I do think that having MJ on the B-ball team will really help to set an identity. One thing UCF has lacked (since Culpepper) is a star or two to look up to. Not a whole lot of UCF jerseys flying off the shelves yet, but I think that will change by March.

pxleyes said:
UCF has been carving that niche for about the last 20 years now. You would think the sheer size of the school would do something for that now. I do think that having MJ on the B-ball team will really help to set an identity. One thing UCF has lacked (since Culpepper) is a star or two to look up to. Not a whole lot of UCF jerseys flying off the shelves yet, but I think that will change by March.
Yeah but the enrollment explosion really wasn't until the late 1990s/early 2000s. Then the athletics program was in shambles - terrible conferences/football independence, off-campus stadium, essentially a high school gym as a basketball arena, etc. It is finally getting there, especially over the last 10 years - most notably in the last 5-7. Now our facilities and direction rivals a lot of bigger programs in the country.

Agreed on the last two sentences.

pxleyes

Banned
bigtroyjon said:
Based on what?
Have you read much about it? It's extremely 'green,' has a plethora of seating options, all the fancy extras you'd expect, and I think some of the unique features like a built in club that doubles as a bar on gamedays is pretty sweet. I really should have said 'one of' but I'm flipping between forums pretty quickly following the game.

edit: Oh, and the screens (close to a 1000 in the joint when you include the concourse ones) are gorgeous. The regular HD screens aren't anything special, but the main screens around and above the court are sick. I've really never seen large LED screens so sharp before. The resolution reminded me of an iphone 4 or current-gen Android device. Couldn't really see pixels, even on the largest screens. Cant say the same when I'm even in Ben Hill which got its new screens 2 season ago.

pxleyes said:
Have you read much about it? It's extremely 'green,' has a plethora of seating options, all the fancy extras you'd expect, and I think some of the unique features like a built in club that doubles as a bar on gamedays is pretty sweet. I really should have said 'one of' but I'm flipping between forums pretty quickly following the game.

Didn't even know they had a new arena till you mentioned something, I was just curious as to what some of the features were.

Anyone want to take a guess as to what Seth Greenberg's excuse is going to be after his team gets left out of the expanded tournament this year?

pxleyes

Banned
bigtroyjon said:
Didn't even know they had a new arena till you mentioned something, I was just curious as to what some of the features were.
I didn't find the exact articles I was looking for, but the wiki has some good info. The place is really a techie's dream. More screens then you can count, Surface table abound, touch screens for a ton of the boxes, etc etc... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amway_Center

bigtroyjon said:
Just so there is no confusion, this is Amway Center, home of the Orlando Magic. UCF does not regularly play there and their actual home is the UCF Arena on campus, which isn't too shabby itself - it opened in 2007.

UCF/UF played at Amway tonight just per an agreement between the schools and Florida Citrus Sports.

jakncoke

Banned
Singler oh how I hate you so damn much :lol

Edit: this speech is fucking epic. ive watched it many times and i'll rewatch it a zillion more.

jakncoke said:
sucks for them, I dont agree with that intentional foul

I think the refs have been very generous to us when it comes to the foul situation this game. Nasir Robinson has 12 points...there is no way Pitt can lose if that guy is able to get 12

Talon

Kalin's keeping MSU in this game. This is the first time I've watched 'em all year, and damn, their offense has never looked less in-sync. Bunch of guys just moving out there with seemingly little purpose.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Dreams-Visions said:
lol.

that's a helluva lot of spin in a single post.

Not really, Big 10 is a good conference, top to bottom is probably the strongest of the BCS ones, Big East is second. ACC is really really bad. After Duke, our best teams would be middle of the pack in normal years. The Big 10 should have owned us easily. They won all the big matchups but this one

Proelite said:
Kyrie Irving is the best freshmen of all time. I am being serious.

i hope you're not being serious, i havent looked at the box score from tonight to see if you are or not. but i really hope you're not being serious.

oh, and fuck duke. besides that, i'll be back saturday to comment on how much better terrance jones is than harrison barnes.

Ezduo

Banned
pxleyes said:
Soon to be seen at Florida b-ball games.

3JkOw.jpg
Fixed for current accuracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom