• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2010-2011 Season OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seth C

Proelite said:
Henson makes a free throw, the Dean Dome goes wild.

UNC finally showing what they're capable of.

Getting every foul call? :p

But seriously, it's tough playing with your whole team on the bench.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I really don't think the officiating was all that bad... Last bad call I saw was Zeller's notreallyachargebuti'lltakeit.

UNC doesn't have any shooters other than Barnes (lol) so of course they're going to bring it straight to the paint every time.

Seth C

NewLib said:
I dont know why the offense completely stop running the last 8 minutes. Ugh, just a frustrating game.

Probably because 3 players were on the bench with 5 fouls each, but still no excuse for it. With no bigs left we also stopped shooting 3s entirely. Go figures, eh?

Bowser

Finally a good quality win for the Heels. Zeller was a beast and Drew actually played the best of all the guards for a change (not saying much).

Seth C:
umad.gif

Harrison Barnes: Zero points in the second half. At least he dribbled the ball twice this game which twice as many times as he had dribbled it all season. Progress!

Proelite

Bowser said:
Finally a good quality win for the Heels. Zeller was a beast and Drew actually played the best of all the guards for a change (not saying much).

Getting calls is part of both UNC/Duke's offensive strategy. Tar Heels did a good job of capitalizing on it.

Seth C

Bowser said:

Seth C:
umad.gif

It's all good man. I'm sure your boys will have another stellar performance this season in the NIT. ;)

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Aaaand the refs finally start to bail us out. This is why everyone hates Duke.

404Ender said:
Aaaand the refs finally start to bail us out. This is why everyone hates Duke.

Fucking crazy how the refs basically gave em a 10-0 run. Bullshit foul on the 3 pointer, bullshit blocking call, bullshit and-1 on the breakaway dunk. Game over.

Proelite

I really think that the refs should let both teams play. Win or lose, this Duke team today needs to be taught a fucking lesson in how to play basketball.

Nice 76-73 win for Cal today away to Iowa St. First Pac-10 win in the Big 12/Pac-10 Hardwood Series. Great to finally get some points off the bench.

Cornballer said:
Nice 76-73 win for Cal today away to Iowa St. First Pac-10 win in the Big 12/Pac-10 Hardwood Series. Great to finally get some points off the bench.

the pac-10 may win all 3 games today. Tomorrow Texas is going to crush USC though ;)

Proelite

Outdoor Miner said:
Fucking crazy how the refs basically gave em a 10-0 run. Bullshit foul on the 3 pointer, bullshit blocking call, bullshit and-1 on the breakaway dunk. Game over.

Not really, Singler just fouled out.

Proelite

Outdoor Miner said:
After the game is basically done. Refs always do their best to even out the fouls towards the end.

Singler was playing with 4 fouls for a long time prior to that. WTF is up with your logic. The only obvious call that went Duke's way was the foul on the 3 point shot, which makes up for the 2 phantom charges called on Irving in the first half.

Nonetheless, I want Butler to get every call possible.

Subtracting the desperation fouls from Butler's totally tally, they got called for 18 fouls prior to the 3 minute mark to Duke's 19. If there is evidence of refs called fouls in Duke's favor, it isn't going to show up in the box score.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Outdoor Miner said:

That was no bs foul on Dawkin's dunk, it was a fucking stupid play by the Butler player, Singler's last two "fouls" had minimal contact and yet it sends him to the bench, but thats part of the conspiracy right?

Anyway, what did Butler in was Nored playing with 4 fouls and Macks cramping. Vanzant went into video game mode after that though.

Butler played hard and for long stretches played better than Duke did. If they maybe tried that against say, Louisville, Loyolla and Evansville than maybe they are better than 4-3

Proelite

truly101 said:
That was no bs foul on Dawkin's dunk, it was a fucking stupid play by the Butler player, Singler's last two "fouls" had minimal contact and yet it sends him to the bench, but thats part of the conspiracy right?

Anyway, what did Butler in was Nored playing with 4 fouls and Macks cramping. Vanzant went into video game mode after that though.

Butler played hard and for long stretches played better than Duke did. If they maybe tried that against say, Louisville, Loyolla and Evansville than maybe they are better than 4-3

Our 3 pt defense needs to step up big time. We have let 2 opponents in a row shoot 50%+ from 3 point range in Cameron and in home away from home.

A bit of a bizarre game between Illinois and Gonzaga so far. No real flow, just 2 teams going down and chucking up shots. :lol

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Proelite said:
Our 3 pt defense needs to step up big time. We have let 2 opponents in a row shoot 50%+ from 3 point range in Cameron and in home away from home.

The communication on D is a long way from last year. Not only the decline in 3pt defense but our guys get lost on screens and cuts a lot.

In a way, it may have been good for Butler to pull this on out because I think there are enough Type A personalities on our team to get woken up after a loss. Just don't see another loss potential until maybe UMD, depends on how VT, UNC and NCSU improve.

bucknuticus said:
That's just Illinois bball
The hell? Illinois basketball under Weber is 20 passes around the perimeter followed by a desperation 3 as the shot clock expires.

Which is the complete opposite of this game.

Elfforkusu said:
The hell? Illinois basketball under Weber is 20 passes around the perimeter followed by a desperation 3 as the shot clock expires.

Which is the complete opposite of this game.
The just chucking up shots part is, not the going down anddpjng it right away and shooting.

bucknuticus said:
The just chucking up shots part is, not the going down anddpjng it right away and shooting.
Ok, I see what you meant. Yeah, (our) motion teams are jumpshooting teams.

[will just be edited this post since the college bball thread is sadly slow-moving]

Mike Davis needs to man up. The guy has a great sense for the ball, but he's been looking for the ref every time there's contact. Man up, dude!

OTOH, Tisdale's bombing in threes. The hell?

i am sad at how jones and knight played today. small gift that barnes didnt play well either.

whatever. 2 losses already this season v. 2 loss all season long last year. we're no wall/cousins/patterson team, but we've got some talent. it just isn't quite as 'pro ready', it needs some cooking. knight will progressively get better this year, and jones will be consistent.

but damn i cant believe lamb, as hot as he was today, didnt hit that last shot.

So apparently Illinois/Oakland played the first 5 minutes with a woman's basketball. :lol

The Illini couldn't buy a basket and were down 15-4 at the time the refs realized the goof and switched back to a normal ball. Playing better now. :lol

jakncoke

Banned
Elfforkusu said:
So apparently Illinois/Oakland played the first 5 minutes with a woman's basketball. :lol

The Illini couldn't buy a basket and were down 15-4 at the time the refs realized the goof and switched back to a normal ball. Playing better now. :lol
:lol

As for Pitts game we as expected cruising to victory. This saturday shall be interesting against Tenn, apparently we haven't played them since 1999 in which we lost by 26

*Edit*
30.jpg

lol at the mistake

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Man, my Cougs are STOMPING Gonzaga right now!

ND couldnt shoot themselves out of a paper bag there for a while. Not sure if it was defense or them sucking...but it continued into their FT's at the end.

Jones is a beast. Go cats!

jakncoke

Banned
kkaabboomm said:
ND couldnt shoot themselves out of a paper bag there for a while. Not sure if it was defense or them sucking...but it continued into their FT's at the end.

Jones is a beast. Go cats!

Yeah Jones was beast mode for sure lol

Proelite

NewLib said:
So apparently Kyrie Irving might be out for the year...

That sucks if true, he is really fun to watch.

Well, we had a good run without any major season ending injuries for the past few years. I guess we couldn't have asked for more.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
NewLib said:
So apparently Kyrie Irving might be out for the year...

That sucks if true, he is really fun to watch.

Its all an evil plan by K to keep Irving out of the draft.

He'll be back by mid january. Team chemistry is fucked though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom