• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2010-2011 Season OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proelite

bucknuticus said:
Sully with a beast game tonight of 40 points.

What's up with down 9 at the half to a really bad team? Ohio State is the second strongest team imo but that was embarassing.

Proelite said:
What's up with down 9 at the half to a really bad team? Ohio State is the second strongest team imo but that was embarassing.

Just didnt shoot all that great until later in the 2nd half. The team hasnt played in well over a week do to the finals, and you could tell. They were rusty big time.

jjasper

jakncoke said:
:lol

As for Pitts game we as expected cruising to victory. This saturday shall be interesting against Tenn, apparently we haven't played them since 1999 in which we lost by 26

Good news for you. We practiced and prepared for the game all week with the idea that our transfer from Marquette would be able to play only to have the school say that he he still isn't eligible even though the semester is over because he has to wait till the deadline for professors to change grades (even though he has had ever professor email compliance to say his grades are final). Awesome!

Bowser

jjasper said:
Well it is understandable. When the NCAA is gonna drop the hammer on your coach you tend to be a little overly cautious.

cecil-cam-newton-p1.jpg

jjasper said:
Well it is understandable. When the NCAA is gonna drop the hammer on your coach you tend to be a little overly cautious.

You just need to put a lot of pressure on Pitt the entire game. Our ball handlers are not that great and if Jamie still wants to try and play 8 or 9 guys, there will be discord on the press break. I really hope you guys push us.

so indiana plays UK today. indiana...i feel bad for them. not because UK is amazing (we're pretty good) but because they are bad and not getting any better. should be a fun game to watch, though.

thefro

kkaabboomm said:
so indiana plays UK today. indiana...i feel bad for them. not because UK is amazing (we're pretty good) but because they are bad and not getting any better. should be a fun game to watch, though.

:lol just wait a couple years.

We're probably going to be a NIT team this year, NCAA next year with Cody Zeller coming in and then we'll have the top class in 2012 and be back to where we should be from there on out. We've got some loaded classes lining up starting with 2012.

NewLib

Banned
kkaabboomm said:

I have to disagree about not getting better. They are and I think next year they will have an NCAA team. Their big problem is that Tom Pritchard gets minutes. If Creek ever gets back to 100%, I think a starting lineup of Hulls, Creek, Jones III, Watford, and Zeller will be pretty good next year.

2012 on though they are going to be legit again. I was all aboard the "Tom Crean just isnt going to get it done at IU" but with getting the #20 guy in 2011 and #10 and #17 guy in 2012 (all which are more of four year players than one and done), I think Indiana will be for real again under him.

Saying all that, today shouldnt be competitive. I think this is actually going to be a huge day for Harrellson. He is actually a lot better than anyone who will guard him.

NewLib

Banned
Im actually sort of glad Louisville won today. I want some of our OOC wins to actually hold up this year as quality wins (Im looking at you Washington, Notre Dame, and Louisville after we beat you).

NewLib said:
Im actually sort of glad Louisville won today. I want some of our OOC wins to actually hold up this year as quality wins (Im looking at you Washington, Notre Dame, and Louisville after we beat you).
they count SOS in vacated wins?

Elite 8s make people cocky I guess

NewLib

Banned
GodfatherX said:
they count SOS in vacated wins?

Elite 8s make people cocky I guess

What player are you excusing of being ineligible for this year? Is it the Kid that entered college as a sophomore because he had that many AP credits? Can you be ineligible for being too smart?

jakncoke

Banned
NewLib said:
What player are you excusing of being ineligible for this year? Is it the Kid that entered college as a sophomore because he had that many AP credits? Can you be ineligible for being too smart?

lol wow goddamn

NewLib said:
i don't "excuse" any player, but with Cal, as his history has shown you can never be sure about the wins he puts in the books. You're right though, the NCAA actually preempted this years ineligible player.

NewLib

Banned
GodfatherX said:
i don't "excuse" any player, but with Cal, as his history has shown you can never be sure about the wins he puts in the books. You're right though, the NCAA actually preempted this years ineligible player.

See this is what I dont get about Louisville fans. Instead of hoping to you know have a better year than your rival, have better players, etc., you just pray that their players are declared ineligible. You know if and when the hammer comes down on Cal, we can have all the internet I Told You So's imaginable.

I guess my point is I make a jab at Louisville and instead of coming back at with the argument that Louisville will beat Kentucky (which they very well might), you come back with "Cal is dirty". How about some pride in your own team? You just had a big victory.

NewLib

Banned
Is Scotty Hopson finally not going to be a complete disappointment and step up?

I wish Darius Miller would do that =(

jakncoke

Banned
down 12 in basically a home game.. there is not enough fucking facepalms in there fucking world to show how pissed im at this team right now!

jjasper said:
It boggles my mind how Steven Pearl is able to actually contribute to this team in a somewhat meaningful manner.

dear god this. this.

still, up 12 on the road, against pitt? im impressed.

jjasper

NewLib said:
I thought Pittsburgh was suppose to be a great offensive team? They look awful.

To be fair our defense is really good. It is like the fact that you have to play defense to win clicked in Pearl's head last year after he kicked Tyler Smith off the team.

Edit: What is surprising me though is our play inside. I though we were going to get dominated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom