• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2010-2011 Season OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

SyNapSe

Bruce Pearl deserves respect for just keeping the team together (beyond the fact that they're crushing Pitt at home). It could have easily gone sideways with all of the offseason non-bball stuff.

jjasper

SyNapSe said:
Bruce Pearl deserves respect for just keeping the team together (beyond the fact that they're crushing Pitt at home). It could have easily gone sideways with all of the offseason non-bball stuff.

It is the one thing he does best. That team last year was terrible pre gungate. If Kansas had played that team a week earlier they would have won by 20.

GodfatherX said:
I have little doubt we are the better team, but it will be a good game. I can stomach loses, cheaters on the other hand

Didn't Pitino cheat on his wife?

jakncoke

Banned
Apparently we were just kidding about making this a reasonable end game

suicide.gif

jjasper said:
Didn't Pitino cheat on his wife?
Which has what to do with basketball or our program?

That wasn't even the first cheating on his part in that restaurant, he dated a 27 year old waitress there for awhile. His wife hasn't lived in Louisville in years

Infidelity does not = 2 vacated final fours

NewLib

Banned
GodfatherX said:
Which has what to do with basketball or our program?

That wasn't even the first cheating on his part in that restaurant, he dated a 27 year old waitress there for awhile. His wife hasn't lived in Louisville in years

Infidelity does not = 2 vacated final fours

Here is what I want to know. How do you hold what Camby did against Calipari? Like what incentive did Calipari have for that happen?

jakncoke

Banned
/facepalm Gilbert Brown

Edit: back to single digits, time to do something stupid.

Edit: uggh fuck these announces for bringing up that Elite 8

Edit: Damn R.I.P to Scot Lang, 41 is SO young :/

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
It was great to be at the Consol for the Tenn/PITT game, especially when you're rooting for Tennessee.

NewLib

Banned
I dont think Ive ever been so pissed watching a game.

Terrence Jones no where to be found. Top 5 pick my ass. Half the game he doesnt show up at all. Hell actually that might be perfect for the NBA

Thank you Jorts and Liggins for saving Kentucky's ass.

All we need at UK is for the NBA to have a lockout.

Indiana is going to bounce back. I forgot they got fucked so hard a few years ago by the NCAA.

BTW, that final score is f'n stupid. It was so close for like 32 minutes.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
truly101 said:
Its all an evil plan by K to keep Irving out of the draft.

He'll be back by mid january. Team chemistry is fucked though.

well................thats not going to be true after all. Word on the street is two broken small bones and tendon damage on the big toe thats a late feb return at best and most likely requiring surgery and done for the year.

Kyrie Irving's career at Duke is over at only 8 games.

NewLib

Banned
Tennessee beats the two preseason favorites in the Big East and then turns around and loses to Oakland.

That sounds like the Tennessee team Im used to.

ErasureAcer said:
Fixed - TN LOST to Oakland at home.
Awesome.

Should go without saying after this and their close loss to MSU, but Oakland's solid this year. Always nice to see a mid-major step up.
Particularly when it means one more quality non-conference win for my Illini.

bucknuticus said:
yeah it's right on the outskirts. One of my cousins played baseball for them.

yeah I drove by their campus over the summer. It was somewhere off the highway between Detroit and Midland...but much closer to Detroit

NewLib

Banned
jakncoke said:
Im quite curious to see if oakland gets a non #16 seed if they can one of this years 15>2 or 14>3

Oakland will be a 14 or 13 seed. They are going to win their conference going away.

I'm pretty sure me and my buddies could beat Florida Gulf Coast. This may be one of the worst teams I have ever seen play basketball.

UCF moves to 9-0 on the season after winning by 21 over Louisiana-Lafayette at the UCF Arena. Next up is vs. Miami in the Orange Bowl Basketball Classic (I think that is what it is called) in South Florida - The BankUnited Center. Florida plays Kansas State in the same event too as the second game.

bluemax said:
So I just recently repaired my old Mac Book Pro and started using it after not really using it for a few years, and I was going through my book marks and found this:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5179708&postcount=742

Not only did USC make the NCAA tournament, they also made it to the second round that year!

Retroactive suck it Karakand.

And wasn't that the year you guys beat Kevin Durant and the Longhorns first round? I remember watching that game well before I decided to go to UT. And wtf I can't believe how piss poor we played this year at USC. We played piss poor against USC last year but still won by like 20. this year the result was reverse almost.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Michigan by 18 over the MIGHTY Oakland Grizzlies! This obviously means we are better than Tennessee, Michigan State, and Illinois. :D

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Illinois goes down to UIC.

I’m going to have a good time giving all the Illini fans(everyone I know) crap at the bar tonight. :D

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
UNC's point guards always surprise me.

How the can be consistently bad for so long is just... wow

Brian Fellows said:
Illinois goes down to UIC.

I’m going to have a good time giving all the Illini fans(everyone I know) crap at the bar tonight. :D
It's just like last year. Weber has zero motivational skills, and has to rely on the players to get guys fired up. Meanwhile, all our upperclassmen are either quiet or laid back.

Very frustrating to watch as a fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom