• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2010-2011 Season OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Elfforkusu said:
It's just like last year. Weber has zero motivational skills, and has to rely on the players to get guys fired up. Meanwhile, all our upperclassmen are either quiet or laid back.

Very frustrating to watch as a fan.

I didn't get to see the game but I was following it on Yahoo. Didn't see Davis' name from about the 13 or 14 minute mark until like the last two minutes was he sitting or just not doing anything?

I think Bruce really needs to get Griffey in there more. He may not be quite as talented but he's still pretty decent and you'll get a better effort and maybe that will be contagious.

Solid win for the Longhorns today against UNC. I know I know lololol UNC sucks, BUT they were 5-0 at home until today including a win against Kentucky so I'm pleased. Also what a clutch shot by our Freshman Corey Joseph. Corey Joseph > Harrison Barnes

Brian Fellows said:
I didn't get to see the game but I was following it on Yahoo. Didn't see Davis' name from about the 13 or 14 minute mark until like the last two minutes was he sitting or just not doing anything?

I think Bruce really needs to get Griffey in there more. He may not be quite as talented but he's still pretty decent and you'll get a better effort and maybe that will be contagious.
When Davis was in he might as well not have been. Mostly invisible, missed (another) dunk... I don't know what his problem is this year, but he's not as good as he was as a sophomore.

Seth C

perfectchaos007 said:
Solid win for the Longhorns today against UNC. I know I know lololol UNC sucks, BUT they were 5-0 at home until today including a win against Kentucky so I'm pleased. Also what a clutch shot by our Freshman Corey Joseph. Corey Joseph > Harrison Barnes

They are still 5-0 at home, as this was the kind of "neutral court" game only those schools in North Carolina manage. :)

jakncoke

Banned
oh ffs kill me

Edit: Gilbert Brown is rocking out with his cock out, finally lead is building

Edit: Random info, When Jamie Dixon reaches 200 this season he'll join just Mark Few and Roy Williams to have won 200 in their first 8 seasons. Few had 211 through 8 and Roy Williams had 213

Seth C said:
They are still 5-0 at home, as this was the kind of "neutral court" game only those schools in North Carolina manage. :)

Aww crap you're right. 98% UNC fans were there though but yeah, it was a neutral court technically. Greensborough is what 1 hour from Chapel Hill?

Bowser

Seth C said:
This "neutral court" game was after last season's "neutral court" game at Cowboy Stadium in Arlington, TX. Don't try to lump us with Dook.

DominoKid

went to the game in Greensboro today.

i'm always surprised at how Turnover Jesus manages to make me hate him even more.

i'm also beginning to hate Roy for his piss poor coaching the past 2 seasons.

jakncoke

Banned
got 1 more ooc game vs. American.. then conference play.. UCONN opening up conference schedule for us, can't wait for it

cashman

Banned
Good win for the horns today. From what I've seen so far they look really solid

I didn't watch the USC game

bluemax

Banned
Tennessee getting some major home cooking tonight. Ridiculous FT disparity.

Edit: Ugh we are gonna lose this.

Wow! Thank jebus! Finally we finish off an upset!

bluemax said:
Tennessee getting some major home cooking tonight. Ridiculous FT disparity.

Edit: Ugh we are gonna lose this.

Wow! Thank jebus! Finally we finish off an upset!

Good job by USC to pull that out even with some of the worst officiating I've seen this year. The play in the first half that ended up with Oneil getting a T is one of the worst blown calls in recent memory.

Would have cost the Tennessee kid 25 grand if he had done that in the NFL.

Now if only you guys hadn't blown it against some cream puffs the conference would be looking good for 4-5 bids.

Okay, it's time for me to finally order Big Ten Network so I can see all of the OSU games.

It's like 6 bucks extra a month, but I guess I can deal with it.

so, Tn has now dropped 3 straight? that makes me smile.
Fl just lost last night.
and Louisville recently lost to powerhouse Drexel.

sometimes, the college basketball gods smile on me.

BertramCooper said:
Okay, it's time for me to finally order Big Ten Network so I can see all of the OSU games.

Heres the worst part, 2 games this year already havent been on there. I thought the whole point of the network was to televise them, but nope.

for the first half, UK was 10-14 from 3, with Lamb being 5-5. such a turn around from last years team (elite 8 game comes to mind, where we started 0-20 from 3). sadly, last year we had inside presence, and this year...we have Jorts.

Either way, an afternoon game is a good way to spend a lazy, chilly, wet afternoon. Oddly I'm not at Rupp, gave my tickets to a buddy who was in town w/his girlfriend and wanted to see a game. I'll be at all SEC games though. Go cats!

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
BertramCooper said:

I wish paying extra to get it was an option. My cable company just doesn't offer it.

Lamb has 7 3's so far, 30 points, with 7:18 left. i believe he's already set the freshman scoring record at UK (edit: nope, record is 31) knight and lamb combined have 51, winthrop as a team has 50 points. this is an awesome game.

edit: and with 6:20 left, he's set it with 32. wow. Cal's freshmen kick ass.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
I would love to see UCONN women's basketball team get run out of the gym by a run of the mill Boys HS team. This hype is ridiculous.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
jakncoke said:
It'll be interesting to see how far it goes though
Define interesting. Nothing is more boring than women's basketball, I'm sorry. Especially knowing you could walk down the street to the local high school and find a better team.

jakncoke

Banned
for me i'd personally rather watch it than say soccer
yeah I said it :p

Edit: we are not playing at the level I expect atm -_-

Edit2: we need to fucking rebound better being negative against American fucking pathetic

Edit3: Nice 18-4 run to end the half

Edit4:

Fastest to 200 wins

Mark Few 247

Roy Williams 252

Jamie Dixon 254[assuming we win tonight]

Edit 5: fucking hell what a horrible 2nd half start

So the 5th best team in the Big12 just curb stomped the 2nd best team in the Big10 @ their house.

Big 12 and Big East are the two best conferences this year for college basketball.

/trollface

but seriously Texas is playing good this early in the season I just hope this time we can keep the momentum into conference play this time. >.<

ggnoobIGN

Banned
perfectchaos007 said:
According to the rankings I was actually being truthful.
If that's your criteria, the 5th best Big Ten team is about to pound the 2nd best Big 12 team.

But seriosly, MSU ain't close to 2nd best in the Big Ten. They are 6th best, at best, at this point.

Cal - Kansas is about to tipoff from Berkeley. Cal's probably too young and inexperienced to hang around in this tonight, but at least there's a good crowd out for the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom