• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2010-2011 Season OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll use this bump opportunity to mention UCF winning tonight to move to 13-0. Close game with Princeton leading most of the way, but UCF took over later in the second half.

Conference play begins on the 5th against Marshall, current UCF coach Donnie Jones's former team, at the UCF Arena.

BJK

ErasureAcer said:
Good game Wisconsin. This should be a hard fought season. Probably see you 2 more times...@ MN and the 4/5 BT game.

If you see the Badgers a 3rd time this season, it'd be in the big dance.
Wisconsin doesn't have a home-and-home with the Gophers this season; just the one in the Kohl Center. Judging by that game...this UW alum doesn't mind skipping the rematch.

Seth C

Brian Fellows said:
Yeah the man is such a fake piece of shit.

"Some people would say you didn't admit the truth because you felt bad but because you had no choice. What would you say?" ...silence.

jjasper

Outdoor Miner said:
Anyone see that Pearl interview? The guy is a complete fucking phony my god. Cry moar plz.

Pretty much. I missed the interview (forgot it was on today) but I hope someone eventually tells him "You lied over a secondary violation had you told the truth nothing would have happened, you are a moron."

He won't be the coach much longer so it is really hard to care anymore. Man is an idiot he had people over who had already committed to a BBQ and then called them nonstop after they all decommitted in shady fashion (esp. Selby) so I honestly have no problem with the actual "violations" but don't fucking lie about it and put the entire university in danger and then act like you are being mistreated.

Edit: I just hope Hamilton will be able to hire someone good but judging off all his other hires I am going to say that ain't gonna happen.

I love that Pearl got in trouble over one of our players who has really surprised me this year, Craft. Kid is super calm at running the point, rarely do you see that in a true freshman.

GreekWolf

jjasper said:
Edit: I just hope Hamilton will be able to hire someone good but judging off all his other hires I am going to say that ain't gonna happen.
One thing's for certain, if Memphis misses the tournament again, lots of folks will be ready to unload Pastner in Knoxville.

Personally, I think he's doing a bang-up job, cleaning up the catastrophic mess that Calipari left behind. Unfortunately, I don't think the psycho fanbase will allow him 4-5 years to get it rolling again.

How about this - Tigers and Vols this week, with the loser getting Leonard Hamilton. :lol

jjasper

GreekWolf said:
How about this - Tigers and Vols this week, with the loser getting Leonard Hamilton. :lol

:lol At this rate I am wondering if Pearl will even been the coach for that game. I thought he would make it through the season but I am not sure he will even make it to 2011 now.

GreekWolf

jjasper said:
:lol At this rate I am wondering if Pearl will even been the coach for that game. I thought he would make it through the season but I am not sure he will even make it to 2011 now.
Apparently, he won't even finish this game. Holy smokes :lol

edit: I sure wish we could trade Joe Jackson for Tobias Harris

Finally we start conference play.

I'm excited to see how good we really are. Our non-conference schedule wasn't all that difficult, so it will be interesting to see how the Big Ten season goes. I still think we're really freaking good, but winning the conference won't be easy.

GO BUCKS.

clav

All right. Like many of you fans in the B1G, I'm ready to move on to basketball after the disappointing outcomes of the bowl games.

Northwestern lost the season opener to Purdue. Tonight's against Michigan State. Let's see what happens as the predicted line is by 1 point.

so i was out of town for the last two weeks (watched the UK games on some shitttttttty wifi on an island).

now we play Penn (go cats!) before we start SEC play at UGA this saturday (already got my road game tickets!!)

with lunardi predicting we'll end up as a 1 seed when all is said and done, our team clicking and getting better every game, im excited for the spring.

edit: wow so we started the first half like ASS, and got into a 12 point hole with like 5 remaining. going into halftime up by 1 was very nice, and watching us demolish them like we were supposed to in the second half made the world right again.

time for SEC play.

Fatalah

Holy crap! Coming home from MSG after watching my unranked Johnnies upset G-Town! What a game! We're 3-0 in Big East play! LOVING LAVIN!

jakncoke

Banned
We really need to work inside more. Settling for long ass shots just cause they zoning us *sigh*

Edit: Oscar bs

Edit2: Is this real life

Edit3: fml

Edit 4: fuck yes.

I can't let myself get too excited seeing our epic collapse last year but Texas is playing real well right now. We'll get a better idea of where we are Sunday when we face U-Conn

GreekWolf

Ok jasper, we give. Please Hammer, don't hurt us

dg14jb.gif

These freshmen might be decent in 2-3 years, but Pastner probably won't be around by then.

jjasper

This is the most boring game I have ever seen.

GreekWolf said:
These freshmen might be decent in 2-3 years, but Pastner probably won't be around by then.

Yeah my wife said "Memphis looks like a bunch of high school players" My response was "They are"

jjasper

Why be shocked about the 3 point shooting? There is no one within 10 feet of us when we shoot. Memphis is playing the worst zone defense I have ever seen.

GoldenEye 007 said:
No. He is so much improved over last season. He's been great all season. UCF moves to 14-0 with a win over Marshall tonight.

Yeah i just saw the higlights of him hanging in the air and shit...

I just assumed that he was trash like most sons of great players often are

Knux-Future said:
Yeah i just saw the higlights of him hanging in the air and shit...

I just assumed that he was trash like most sons of great players often are
That's what I thought too last year lol - he was pretty bad. But yeah, he is doing some things that has us scratching our heads in a good way.

And damnit, last thing CUSA needs is Memphis losing like this...

Aesius

jjasper said:
I guess a safe bet will be for us to sweep Kentucky, Florida, Vandy and Georgia and still go 8-8 in the SEC.

:lol Sad but true. Our team is bipolar as fuck.

GoldenEye 007 said:
No. He is so much improved over last season. He's been great all season. UCF moves to 14-0 with a win over Marshall tonight.

I thought he was a walk on at Indiana or Illinois? Did he transfer to UCF?

NewLib

Banned
So Tennessee is 3-0 against Top 25 teams and 0-3 against Charlotte, Oakland, and College of Charleston. So really what Tennessee needs is to get a really high seed in the tournament because they will run the table as long as they dont have to run into any of those pesky mid majors on the way. I am fully looking forward to a 13-3 SEC record for Tennessee with losses to Auburn, LSU, and Arkansas.

Seriously, JJasper Ive heard of inconsistent but thats fucking ridiculous.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
perfectchaos007 said:
I thought he was a walk on at Indiana or Illinois? Did he transfer to UCF?
They are talking about Marcus Jordan. He is really good, but went directly to UCF. Easily one of the best players in Illinois coming out of high school. Why he chose UCF, who knows, but he's doing well there.

Jeff Jordan was the walk-on. He transferred to UCF, but is sitting out the year.

ggnoobIGN said:
They are talking about Marcus Jordan. He is really good, but went directly to UCF. Easily one of the best players in Illinois coming out of high school. Why he chose UCF, who knows, but he's doing well there.

Jeff Jordan was the walk-on. He transferred to UCF, but is sitting out the year.

So Marcus Jordan has more talent than Jeff right?

Aesius

NewLib said:
So Tennessee is 3-0 against Top 25 teams and 0-3 against Charlotte, Oakland, and College of Charleston. So really what Tennessee needs is to get a really high seed in the tournament because they will run the table as long as they dont have to run into any of those pesky mid majors on the way. I am fully looking forward to a 13-3 SEC record for Tennessee with losses to Auburn, LSU, and Arkansas.

Seriously, JJasper Ive heard of inconsistent but thats fucking ridiculous.

We are currently to basketball what LSU is to football. We simply play to the level of our competition.

jjasper

GoldenEye 007 said:
Why couldn't you guys have laid down against Memphis? Stop holding CUSA down!

I think it has more to do with Memphis being terrible than us playing an amazing game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom