• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2010-2011 Season OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabig2

stupid fucking cunts

Going to need to take a few hits out of the bottle tonight. Those were the worst 2 minutes of play I've seen in a long time. Jesus fuck you tisdale you lanky piece of shit.

BeautifulMemory said:
that was a BS call....what a shame
I'm an Illini fan, but the guy's going up for a layup and you're coming across his body with a 2 handed shove. It was a weak shove because Tisdale has the strength of a little girl, and as such it shouldn't have been an intentional...

but if he just lets the dude score it's a 3 point game and we have a shot to tie.

Elfforkusu said:
I'm an Illini fan, but the guy's going up for a layup and you're coming across his body with a 2 handed shove. It was a weak shove because Tisdale has the strength of a little girl, and as such it shouldn't have been an intentional...

but if he just lets the dude score it's a 3 point game and we have a shot to tie.

I agree. When I saw it live I really thought it was just a bad play. I didn't even think of it as a shove, more as trying to stop the player from going up.

Horrible call. At least publicly, most likely this shitty ref will walk away unpunished. Fuck that.

ggnoobIGN said:
What an awful call that was.

A shove is a shove when you have a wide open lane to the hoop. most players make the most of their flagrant with a hard shove. Tisdale on the other hand....lets just say Brittany Griner could have shoved harder.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
dabig2 said:
stupid fucking cunts

Going to need to take a few hits out of the bottle tonight. Those were the worst 2 minutes of play I've seen in a long time. Jesus fuck you tisdale you lanky piece of shit.

Thats what you get for recruiting someone from Riverton.

So I think I found the worst Division I basketball team in America:
The New Orleans Privateers womens team! yeah!

http://espn.go.com/womens-college-basketball/team/_/id/2443/new-orleans-privateers

They have already gotten blown out by 5 DIII schools. LT stands for Le-Tourneau which they lost by 9 points. Le-Tourneau is a DIII college in east Texas and their womens team has a 2-9 record with one of their wins coming from New Orleans. Thats right, they are getting beat by abysmal DIII teams.

Can anyone find a worse DI team? Mens or womens?

jakncoke said:
They probably lost all there talent. If a team moves down, players can transfer and not have to sit out a year.

Most likely since DIII would mean no scholarships, they at least had to have lost all the non walkons.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
When I went to Western Illinois I could have easily put together a team capable of beating DIII schools just out of the people I knew.

Brian Fellows said:
When I went to Western Illinois I could have easily put together a team capable of beating DIII schools just out of the people I knew.

yep. Our club tennis team at UT will occasionally scrimage some DIII colleges in the area and we always beat them. Infact most former DIII tennis players that try out for club don't even make it on the team :lol

Dude Abides

Banned
perfectchaos007 said:
yep. Our club tennis team at UT will occasionally scrimage some DIII colleges in the area and we always beat them. Infact most former DIII tennis players that try out for club don't even make it on the team :lol

That's because it's tennis.

Meier

I fucking hate Leonard Hamilton. Noles fans have clamored for at least 5 years now for him to hire an assistant coach who has an offensive background and he just won't do it. We will never be successful with him as our head coach. Year in and year out we are horribly undisciplined on offense and turn the ball over a million times a game. It's infuriating.

Butler can't miss their 3s here in the 2nd. Bummer, this one is over in all likelihood.

Meier

Chris Singleton seems to dog it/get a bit frustrated at times but he is doing his best to keep us in the game. Sky is the limit for him.

Dude Abides said:
That's because it's tennis.

what do you have against tennis?

Yes tennis was my example, but it applies to all sports at major universities. Odds there are plenty of non-varsity atheletes at a major university that can beat a varsity squad from a DIII institution.

pxleyes said:
And those kids are now indefinitely suspended. Hope it was worth it.

Well, that kind of hood mentality doesn't belong in college, anyway. If you have a problem with someone, you don't fucking hit them.

impirius

Meier said:
I fucking hate Leonard Hamilton. Noles fans have clamored for at least 5 years now for him to hire an assistant coach who has an offensive background and he just won't do it. We will never be successful with him as our head coach. Year in and year out we are horribly undisciplined on offense and turn the ball over a million times a game. It's infuriating.

Butler can't miss their 3s here in the 2nd. Bummer, this one is over in all likelihood.
At least you guys have those awesome feathers on your jerseys!

vas_a_morir said:
Well, that kind of hood mentality doesn't belong in college, anyway. If you have a problem with someone, you don't fucking hit them.
No you elbow them on the back of the head while on the floor getting a rebound...I.e. Demarcus Cousins

NewLib

Banned
GodfatherX said:
No you elbow them on the back of the head while on the floor getting a rebound...I.e. Demarcus Cousins

Actually I think if the argument involves a hairbrush, you beat the shit out of the father of your girlfriend.

NewLib said:
Actually I think if the argument involves a hairbrush, you beat the shit out of the father of your girlfriend.
right, ...because I know a ton of old racist dudes that initiate physical contact over a hairbrush - there is a very good reason this case wasn't pursued, and I can assure you if Shepherdsville PD had any chance of winning it would have been, the uk fan base never ceases to amaze me with what they can make up

Cousins should have been ejected from the game last year, and suspended by the school/SEC...Friday will be glorious

jakncoke

Banned
can't wait for tonights game :D

Edit: shit slept through first half, but we are up so :D

Edit: nice win today, shame we didn't show up like this vs. Tenn

Proelite

Uconn at AP #4 is a joke. KenPom is where it's at. Although Pitt having the #1 adjusted offensive efficiency rating is a bit surprising.

Proelite said:
Uconn at AP #4 is a joke. KenPom is where it's at. Although Pitt having the #1 adjusted offensive efficiency rating is a bit surprising.
Offensive rebounding is the reason for that. 48% of missed shots rebounded by the shooting team? Holy crap!

jakncoke

Banned
Proelite said:

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see if some other Huskies can rise up with Kemba though

Mike Montgomery picked up win #600 last night with Cal's victory over Hartford.

The Pac-10 season starts tonight with the Washington schools down in LA.

Cornballer said:
Mike Montgomery picked up win #600 last night with Cal's victory over Hartford.

The Pac-10 season starts tonight with the Washington schools down in LA.

Just want to thank the top notch USC athletic department for being unwilling to move the start time of the game in order for it to get on television. I'm sure the mediocre attendance numbers are really going to improve without the game being on tv.

jjasper

jakncoke said:
Why has Tenn played Belmont twice this year?
Had them scheduled and then when they signed up for the preseason NIT they had to play them again. Something about not wanting to buy out the contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom