• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2010-2011 Season OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjasper

Tony Jones inexperience showing. No timeouts left for clutch time.

Edit: what the hell was that. Fuck this team.

Edit 2: :lol Tony Jones shaking his head during the whole last possession.

Amory

Outdoor Miner said:
#8 Mizzou
#11 UK
#12 Texas
#13 Georgetown
#17 K. State
#18 UCF losing by 12 right now
#19 MSU

Amazing day of upsets. Illinois should be around 15 by the time Monday arrives. :lol

Not sure #9 CT over #12 Texas is an upset, but it was their first out of conference home loss in quite a while.

perfectchaos007 said:
I don't know if you could build an NBA team around Kemba, but you sure can build a college team around him.

yeah I don't think you could build an NBA team around him, but I think he'll be successful at the next level regardless

impirius

The Gamecocks just wiped out a 14 point deficit and beat Vandy in OT. Hey, we're on top of the East! I should print t-shirts to celebrate or something

#8 Mizzou
#11 UK
#12 Texas
#13 Georgetown
#17 K. State
#18 UCF
#19 MSU
#24 Vandy
*fresh losses added in bold

Crazy. Let's all root for St. Johns to beat ND. Surely that would be a record for most ranked teams losing in a single day that wasn't the tournament.

Minnesota dug themselves a hole and like good little Gophers almost popped their head out for the win. We'll handle Purdue come Thursday.

Kalnos

Banned
ErasureAcer said:
Minnesota dug themselves a hole and like good little Gophers almost popped their head out for the win. We'll handle Purdue come Thursday.

As a Louisville student and fan, I really like Tubby. I actually liked UK when Tubby was there so I really hope Minnesota keeps doing well.

so. im back from my trip to Atlanta and Athens this weekend. We played like ass in the first half against UGA. absolute ass. we started the second half well, and then, wow. ESPN tells me at with 7:09 left we hit a 2, for 58 points. at 5:02 we hit a free throw. with 2:19, we hit a 3. so almost 5 minutes and all we got was a free throw during it. it felt like forever in the arena, too. dear god it was painful, and by then, the game was basically over. you can't go 5 minutes without making a basket.

c'est la vie. we lost in football and basketball yesterday, and lost the enes ruling. bad weekend to be a UK fan. next up though: auburn. and after scoring 6 points in the entire first half against LSU, if we lose to them in Rupp the entire world will laugh, FOREVER. luckily, Cal at UK hasn't lost at rupp, and hasn't lost back to back games. I'm confident we'll win.

the drive back from athens to atlanta after the game...I went with a uga fan...eesh.

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
That would have been a huge boon to whatever diminishing chances Michigan had to make the NCAA tournament. Besides a Purdue blowout and a bizarre loss to UTEP, the team is at least competing hard and had chances to beat Wisconsin, Syracuse, and Kansas. They're still relatively young too with plenty of room for growth.

i feel so much better now. Jones set a new freshman scoring record (beating his teammate Lamb's old record, set earlier this year) at 35, and we clobbered Auburn as expected. Rupp was full but not too loud (it's freezing and nasty out, and it was Auburn) but the team played well.

next up - LSU.

dabig2

ErasureAcer said:
PSU beat the Illini. :lol

Don't know whether to be flattered that they rushed the court on beating a #16 Illini team in the middle of the season.

Can't wait till this senior class at Illinois packs it up and gets the fuck out.

clav

Elfforkusu said:
Not that crazy, seems like under Weber we lose to them every year.

ILLINI BASKETBALL! *barf*
Same with Northwestern.

Away and home.

Talor Battle had some crazy 3s way downtown tonight.

jakncoke

Banned
Is Taylor Battle a SR yet? I swear they been riding on his shoulder forever now.

it was the first time Penn State (10-6, 3-2 Big Ten) beat ranked foes in consecutive games since the 1954 NCAA tournament.

wow.

Edit2: Kenpom has Maine at #186, that loss sure is ugly on the resume

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
We might take our first loss tonight against FSU in Tallahassee. They always play Duke real tough down there and we haven't looked great in any of our conference games. Its not like I expect to go undefeated but that first loss is always like dreading a trip to the dentist.

Seth C

kkaabboomm said:
i feel so much better now. Jones set a new freshman scoring record (beating his teammate Lamb's old record, set earlier this year) at 35, and we clobbered Auburn as expected. Rupp was full but not too loud (it's freezing and nasty out, and it was Auburn) but the team played well.

next up - LSU.

Wooo! We beat the worst team in the SEC! Next up? The second worst!

jjasper

Apparently we lost last night, I wouldn't know though as I didn't watch.

Seth C said:
Wooo! We beat the worst team in the SEC! Next up? The second worst!

I didn't think we played until after Pearl came back.

Silkworm

jjasper said:
Apparently we lost last night, I wouldn't know though as I didn't watch.

I didn't think we played until after Pearl came back.
I watched the game last night. UT almost pulled it out (it was really a pretty even game for the most part), but thankfully the Gators managed to take care of things in OT (even-though they really shouldn't have let it get into OT -- sloppy play by UF in the waning minutes of regulation). Even though UT is down at the moment, it was nice to finally see the Gators get a win over UT in basketball. It's been a while since they've had a victory against UT, especially at Knoxville (almost like Georgia's trouble with UF in football... but not quite that bad :p). That Hopson kid has got some skills & tenacity! Thankfully Parsons was hitting his 3's and Walker and Tyus were both having a good offensive game (and of course Boyton had that dagger 3 pointer to give UF just enough cushion to win in OT).

Anyway, UT will probably bounce back and beat Vandy this weekend :)

That was a little too close for comfort. Definitely not one of Sullinger's better games.

But a win is a win. And against Michigan, which is always nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom