• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2010-2011 Season OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

impirius

Beat Vandy at home, stink up the joint at Bama, beat Florida on the road.

I hope this is the "young, talented team that gels over the season" template and not the "team that can never decide what it is" template.

UCF with another loss in conference play. This time to Southern Mississippi. No interior defense plus little interior offense and crap rebounding = loss every time.

impirius said:
Beat Vandy at home, stink up the joint at Bama, beat Florida on the road.

I hope this is the "young, talented team that gels over the season" template and not the "team that can never decide what it is" template.

I look forward to our meetings this year sans Devan Downey and his 'oh, you spoke to the president today? well im gonna score 30 points with your hands in my face to give you your first loss of the seasons' attitude, because seriously, that kid single-handedly beat us last year. Sat, Jan 22 is meeting #1.

Any KU fans on GAF...? They played pretty poorly for a lot of today's game, but still pulled it out. Still, they aren't yet inspiring the confidence that they won't do a tournament faceplant as has happened too often in the Bill Self era.

Proelite

ROFL. Penn State getting ref help.

I wish Duke has the same shooting percentage as OSU day and day out. We would be up by 30.

We do take like 30 threes per game though.

impirius

kkaabboomm said:
I look forward to our meetings this year sans Devan Downey and his 'oh, you spoke to the president today? well im gonna score 30 points with your hands in my face to give you your first loss of the seasons' attitude, because seriously, that kid single-handedly beat us last year. Sat, Jan 22 is meeting #1.
I wish that Downey had a better supporting cast during his time at South Carolina. If there's a bright side, it's that we got to see him put on one-man clinics like the first UK game last season.

(And then you got us back in football... meh)

I've only seen one UK game this year (vs. UNC); it seemed like post play was the only major weakness there. Our big guys are wildly inconsistent, but it's early in the season and at home, so maaaaaaybe there's a chance that Muldrow will have a great game and help pull the upset. Still, the talent differential will probably be too much, and UK should be riding high after feasting on the West teams.

impirius said:
I wish that Downey had a better supporting cast during his time at South Carolina. If there's a bright side, it's that we got to see him put on one-man clinics like the first UK game last season.

(And then you got us back in football... meh)

I've only seen one UK game this year (vs. UNC); it seemed like post play was the only major weakness there. Our big guys are wildly inconsistent, but it's early in the season and at home, so maaaaaaybe there's a chance that Muldrow will have a great game and help pull the upset. Still, the talent differential will probably be too much, and UK should be riding high after feasting on the West teams.

yeah our post play could use some Enes. but we've got Jorts, and he's developed quite well, putting on a very good show against Louisville, and becoming a solid rebounder and even a shot blocker. he could use more consistent scoring, though. I've seen a couple USC games (michigan st, clemson, OSU, vandy, florida...) and yeah, i'd agree on the inconsistency statement.

Bowser

There go our boys making the team that lost to Kennesaw St. and Charlotte look like national title contenders.

UNC games are such chores to watch now. I hope we can keep the Dook games competitive this year.

*sigh*

giga

Bowser said:
There go our boys making the team that lost to Kennesaw St. and Charlotte look like national title contenders.

UNC games are such chores to watch now. I hope we can keep the Dook games competitive this year.

*sigh*
We also lost to Charlotte and Siena. Feels good man.

Bowser

I know Roy's won two natty's, but his arrogance and stubborness are really starting to piss me off. Knowing that his title teams have had elite talent at PG, I can't for the life of me understand why he doesn't go after elite PG talent IN HIS OWN BACKYARD, not even giving them offers (Wall, Purvis - Purvis was especially angry that he didn't get an offer).

This might seem blasphemous and shortsighted right now, but if we miss the tournament for a second consecutive year, I think we really need to reevaluate the coaching staff.

Kalnos

Banned
Roy didn't win titles because of coaching, he won because of recruiting. I think Tyler pulled his best Tebow impression during that second title.

Proelite

Bowser said:
*sigh*
The way we're playing right now, we can beat Kansas on the road, and lose to Wake Forest next week.

Proelite

Kalnos said:
If the 3's are falling..

Word. A Duke team is not a vintage Duke team unless we take 30+ threes per game.

This year we have the excuse since we have arguably 4 of the top 10 shooters in college bball respective for their position. 5 if you count injured Kyrie.

Amory

Proelite said:
Villanova is going to destroy UConn if Kemba only gets 30.
You say that as if 30 is a low number. He only had 22(?) at Texas and they pulled it off.

Napier and Oriakhi should have good games plus UConn is at home. I think we'll be alright.

Proelite

Seth C said:
Ah yes. If only we could all attain such lofty heights while playing a schedule highlighted by Florida and Minnesota.

They beat Florida State by 18, who beat us by 5. Ohio State is 23 points better than Duke.

Seriously though, Ohio State can thump us by 20+ at Cameron, and then squeak by a mid-major by 2 the next day at home.

Seth C

Proelite said:
They beat Florida State by 18, who beat us by 5. Ohio State is 23 points better than Duke.

Seriously though, Ohio State can thump us by 20+ at Cameron, and then squeak by a mid-major by 2 the next day.

Sounds kinda like UNC. Only they would beat you by 2 and then lose to a mid-major by 20 the next day.

LegoDad

Time to see if the K-State team has finally awoken or if they are still the immature kids i think they are. Big game at mizzou tonight.

Can't wait to down the #1 ranked team at home. Hasn't happened since Wake Forest in '05. I knew OSU were going to be undefeated and #1 going into Champaign and even made a thread about it on the Scout forums back in Nov. :D

I expect Ohio State to lose 3-4 in the big 10. I've got at Wisconsin marked as a loss, then maybe 1-2 vs Illinois, Purdue or , MSU. Then we always seem to lose to someone we shouldn't on the road. Still a good record and should give us a number 1 seed.

LegoDad

I'm tired of this team, we play like shit everytime. Pullen is not the PG, we still haven't learned that, jeez laweez. Hello NIT.

Seth C said:
Ah yes. If only we could all attain such lofty heights while playing a schedule highlighted by Florida and Minnesota.

We'll use the SEC football schedule excuse and say its because our conference is so hard. :D

jayhawker

Kansas shot well tonight. Played the first half with a chip on our shoulder. Our D was pretty bad though. The energy was there, but we gave up a lot of easy shots overplaying the ball. It did lead to a lot of Baylor TOs.

How many missed final fours will it take the UK faithful to get sick of Calipari? they gave Tubby a bunch but just cause he won the national title in year 1. Maybe all the 5 star recruits will keep the boosters off Cal's back lol.

yeah can't wait until kemba dunks on our entire team...jennings, buckles and dieng will all be embarrassed

have already accepted that fact

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom