• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2010-2011 Season OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreekWolf

giga said:
Calipari going off on that kid was cringe inducing.
Cal has chilled with age.

In 2002 in a game at Cincinnati, he pulled a Memphis player (Earl Barron) off the floor and called him a huge pussy on national television.

2009 (ESPN), he grabbed Tyreke Evans in El Paso and shouted, "what the fuck was that, you fucking asshole?"

Great times <3

GreekWolf said:
Cal has chilled with age.

In 2002 in a game at Cincinnati, he pulled a Memphis player (Earl Barron) off the floor and called him a huge pussy on national television.

2009 (ESPN), he grabbed Tyreke Evans in El Paso and shouted, "what the fuck was that, you fucking asshole?"

Great times <3
The man has no business being a college coach.

Just a disgusting human being.

impirius

Any Arkansas fans on here? If so, sorry about the officiating tonight. I think every single questionable call in OT went our way.

Silkworm

impirius said:
Any Arkansas fans on here? If so, sorry about the officiating tonight. I think every single questionable call in OT went our way.
Drat. As a UF fan, I didn't want to see SC win but kudos on forcing the game into OT and pulling out the win (even if it was aided by the officials in OT). Should make the upcoming UK-SC game an interesting one. If SC wins that game then that will be yet another feather in their cap since I think UK will be very determined to win that game after the way they played against Bama for 2/3rds of the game. I was hoping since Downey was gone, that SC would be less of a threat this year, but so far that's not the case.

Meier

Another ugly win for the Noles. I don't know how we win any games but we've managed to win a few in a row now. That Auburn loss is a killer at this point.

Terrible night for Singleton. He has pretty much carried us all year so winning when he is off was key.

jakncoke

Banned
Late reply cause of ban but damn that Syracuse game was fucking insanity to me. Starting the game 19-0 then letting them get a 17-0 run.

Go KU! Who's with me?

...?

Interesting how dead this thread is relative to other sports. I assume it explodes for a few days in March, E3-style?

jakncoke

Banned
DBebm5 said:
Go KU! Who's with me?

...?

Interesting how dead this thread is relative to other sports. I assume it explodes for a few days in March, E3-style?

Yeah, the march madness thread is usually equal or greater in amount of posts compared to the regular season thread.

Cuse looking like it going to drop 2nd

jakncoke

Banned
Cuse making a run. I wonder what the attendance is for this game. Speaking of attendance, the cuse/pit game last week broke the peterson event center record

DY_nasty said:
Paul Hewitt needs to go...
2n1gtvr.jpg

april, 2004 (when we went to the final four).

my how the mighty have fallen.

----
in other news, illinois tries to dish it down low with 5 seconds left down 3, for some reason, fumble it, and turn it over. you all couldve passed until a 3 try, but no, you lose the sad way.

I didn't realize UConn plays both football and basketball in Hartford.

That must suck to have all of your home games played 40 minutes away from your campus.

EDIT: Okay, it looks like they split the home games between Hartford and Storrs.

Amory

Kemba coming alive a little.

BertramCooper said:
EDIT: Okay, it looks like they split the home games between Hartford and Storrs.

Yeah and it's bullshit. Their winning percentage on campus is so much higher than off, but the state wants to bring money/tourism into Hartford.

Edit: 125-17 in Storrs, including last year, which was an abysmal year for the Huskies.

jjasper

If we could catch and hold on to the ball we would be winning this game by 10+ someone needs to get that hand glue from the bud light commercial out at halftime.

SyNapSe

DBebm5 said:
Go KU! Who's with me?

...?

Me! The thread gets busier as the season goes on but usually a new thread is made for March Madness and yeah it's crazy busy. I think it was busier in the past even with less total gaffers.

jakncoke

Banned
I think 2008 was the biggest regular season thread IIRC because spider_silva or was here and posting a ton and fighting with seemingly every fanbase that would argue back, karkaland was still active too

Dragon

Banned
jakncoke said:
Cuse making a run. I wonder what the attendance is for this game. Speaking of attendance, the cuse/pit game last week broke the peterson event center record

Second highest attendance in a college basketball game of all time!! And Nova won! W00t. Played decent D and didn't turn the ball over except for a two minute period in the second half. I'll take it after that shitty loss to Kemba Walker.

Amory

Gonna be a one possession game in the end. Vols are way better than their record. Any team that beats Pitt has some serious talent.

jjasper said:
This is over. That last sequence ended it.
it's ok, uconn crushed us too earlier this year. you all are putting up more of a fight than us, though.

not sure how we'll do against south carolina tonight...we havent lost 2 in a row since Cal got here, but then again, we've already lost 4 games this season, more than we lost last season period. and we havent really won a true road game yet, portland not withstanding.

should be interesting.

Amory

Uconn doing their best to brick free throws down the stretch, and succeeding. A staple of Jim Calhoun's coaching strategy

Amory

ehhh you had a good run. Good win for uconn, always nice to see the freshmen contribute

and this thread is dead as shit. the offseason college fb thread has about 100 more contributors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom