• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2010-2011 Season OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjasper

Amory Blaine said:
ehhh you had a good run. Good win for uconn, always nice to see the freshmen contribute

Yeah too bad Hopson came as Kid today instead of play. We might have had a chance. The gameplan by the end was basically see if Melvin Goins can do something with the ball and if not try and get a put back, but we were getting killed on the boards by the end so that didn't work.

SyNapSe

I don't know if anyone else was watching the KU - Texas game but..

Thomas Robinson lost his grandmother 3 weeks ago. His grandfather passed away during the Baylor game monday night and last night his 7 year old sister called to let him know his 38 year old Mother passed away from a heart attack. :(

DAMN :\ I thought Darnell Jackson went through a crazy rough stretch a few years back.

jakncoke

Banned
lol Mcghee you moron throwing a hip out 25 ft from the basket and getting a stupid foul

SyNapSe said:

Thomas Robinson lost his grandmother 3 weeks ago. His grandfather passed away during the Baylor game monday night and last night his 7 year old sister called to let him know his 38 year old Mother passed away from a heart attack. :(

DAMN :\ I thought Darnell Jackson went through a crazy rough stretch a few years back.

holy fuck thats sad

SyNapSe said:

Yeah, I saw that--that's horrible. I'm shocked he can even get up to play today.

As for the first half--glad KU could hold a double-digit lead for the half, but Texas is playing like absolute ass. Hope KU can respond when Texas inevitably starts dropping shots.

Amory

SyNapSe said:

Can't imagine what that'd be like. Poor guy.

DBebm5 said:
Yeah, I saw that--that's horrible. I'm shocked he can even get up to play today.

As for the first half--glad KU could hold a double-digit lead for the half, but Texas is playing like absolute ass. Hope KU can respond when Texas inevitably starts dropping shots.

yeah I'm pretty sure this is our lowest first half output of the season. We knew going in we had no answer to the Morris twins. Matt Hill is the only guy who has a chance at pressuring them because of his size but still he's not a scoring threat or a great passer. But really we have no choice to have him out there otherwise you guys would be up by 25 right now. This is where having a small team hurts.

SyNapSe

DBebm5 said:

Things went downhill once Markieff went out with 2 fouls with about 9:30 to go. I thought Texas was going to get it down to 6 or 8 but we held them off at the end. It still could be about an even game. Texas had the ball stripped on a bunch of breakaways and even travelled there at the end.

edit: Jeff Withey sighting also. He did ok while he was in.. he always looks really nervous to pass or really do anything.

SyNapSe

DBebm5 said:
Dang it--and Markieff has his 3rd.

and Trob so now we're going to see 6'6" 210 pound Mario Little at Power forward. That was a tough call against Kieff but he's just got a reputation now as a fouling machine.

SyNapSe

Almost in the double bonus with 12:30 left :( next foul is auto-2 free throws. Now Texas has 7 so one and one from KU from here on out. I think this is going to come down to FTs as it's been so low scoring.

Bowser said:
I don't know why you thought this before. What was their best win? They don't have a win over any team currently in the Top 25.
Mainly because Ohio State has had a very rough two weeks. Most of the games have been extremely close, though we pulled out wins in all of them.

SyNapSe

perfectchaos007 said:
Ohio State should now be able to keep their #1 ranking even with a loss. You're welcome.

You guys were tough on D today. We got up huge early and seemed to lax a bit. This team has been lucky to survive to this point undefeated. Hopefully, Selby can find a way to help the team out. In truth, he's really hurt the team since he came onboard. Sometimes with young guys you have to go through the tough times to see the great; Hopefully, that is the case and he's able to fit into the offense and help push us deep in the tourney.

Honestly though if Kansas, or Ohio St. were in the Big East, they would have 4 conference losses minimun. Villanova, Uconn, Syracuse, and Pitt should all be in the top 4. Kansas or Ohio State could be the 5th best team.

SyNapSe said:
You guys were tough on D today. We got up huge early and seemed to lax a bit. This team has been lucky to survive to this point undefeated. Hopefully, Selby can find a way to help the team out. In truth, he's really hurt the team since he came onboard. Sometimes with young guys you have to go through the tough times to see the great; Hopefully, that is the case and he's able to fit into the offense and help push us deep in the tourney.

We've been really fortunate with our freshman Thompson and Joseph. They minimalize mistakes and have poise of upperclassmen. Baylor hasn't been so fortunate with their freshman phenoms thus far, neither has Kentucky or in Kansas' case Selby. They will all get there though because they're talented, just maybe not this year.

perfectchaos007 said:
Honestly though if Kansas, or Ohio St. were in the Big East, they would have 4 conference losses minimun. Villanova, Uconn, Syracuse, and Pitt should all be in the top 4. Kansas or Ohio State could be the 5th best team.
Spoken like an SEC football fan.

Proelite

perfectchaos007 said:

I disagree with Uconn being the top 4 due to the way the team is structured around one person offensively. They're 19th on KenPom too.

Amory

Proelite said:
I disagree with Uconn being the top 4 due to the way the team is structured around one person offensively. They're 19th on KenPom too.

Most teams are structured around one or two of their best players. Kemba Walker is great, but he's not all that UConn has. He shot terribly against Texas and Villanova (despite getting hot in clutch situations), and in the first half today, and they still pulled out wins. Guy's got a pretty decent supporting cast.

That said, I don't think they're top 4 either.

BertramCooper said:
Spoken like an SEC football fan.

teh big east just beatin eachother up!! no but seriously, I looked at those teams wins from OOC and it's quite incredible. The big east is 7-2 against the big10 for example.

impirius

Hats off to UK; they grabbed a ton of offensive rebounds and hit approximately 127% of their foul shots. Perimeter defense was stifling.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Sparty looks shook
Proelite said:
That Kansas home winning record is looking to get smashed, like a schoolgirl's virginity in a dark alley.
:jakncoke

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Texas Tech with their first conference win of the season, beating Nebraska 72-71.

BELIEVE.

...in Pat Knight getting fired and Gillespie getting hired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom