• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2010-2011 Season OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

ascii42

pxleyes said:
Awesome win tonight by the Gators. Cant say more about the heart of this team when on the road.
Yeah, that was the hardest I've seen them play in a while. Hopefully they can keep it up.

This team has everything:

A calm good passing guard
A sharpshooter
2 great slasher
And the best post game in bball.

If the team is hitting even average shots no one can beat them.

Amory

Uconn gains a game on pitt. Still gonna be tough for us to win the big east since pitts got the tiebreaker but they're keeping hope alive

DrMungo

My Huskies eke out a tough one against Marquette. I haven't been pleasantly surprised at a UConn team for a long long time. They were supposed to be #10 in the Big East, now they're a legit ranked team this late into the season. I was expecting NIT if we were lucky.

If they flame out in the NCAAs, I'm going to remember this post, and count my blessings.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Sparty and K-State are doing everything they can to deep 6 our RPI, too bad Marquette couldn't have held off UConn.

jakncoke

Banned
Providence finally got first conference win against Nova. Interesting turn of event for the Big East this week. Also lol why is it so hard to find somewhere to watch the San Diego St/BYU game lol

jakncoke said:
Providence finally got first conference win against Nova. Interesting turn of event for the Big East this week. Also lol why is it so hard to find somewhere to watch the San Diego St/BYU game lol

You dont get the CBS college sports network?

Kalnos

Banned
jakncoke said:

They beat Louisville the other day.

jjasper

Jimmer is easily the best shooter in college since Lofton graduated and is what Lofton could have been if he never got cancer.

NewLib

Banned
GodfatherX said:
The Friars take down 2 top 20 Big East teams in 1 week..even after they beat us, really shocked they beat Nova

They lost for the same reason Villanova swooned last year. Villanova always has a guard dominated team that is good at jump shots, but when the shots arent falling they just arent competitive because of a lack of an inside presence. They will get on a streak where they arent hitting threes, and they cant win when they arent.

Also Chris Lofton is a sad story. A hell of a competitor and respect the shit out of him even though he gave Kentucky fits every year.

SyNapSe

NewLib said:
They lost for the same reason Villanova swooned last year. Villanova always has a guard dominated team that is good at jump shots, but when the shots arent falling they just arent competitive because of a lack of an inside presence. They will get on a streak where they arent hitting threes, and they cant win when they arent.

Yeah, I don't get 'Nova. Jay Wright has been able to establish consistent success but they never have any big guys/inside presence. If they do, it's one guy. Marquette is the same way.. a knack for finding guards who can really play at the collegiate level but can't find or develop the bigs.

clav

JCX said:
Bad feeling confirmed.

Maybe Tom Izzo should have bolted to coach the Cavs. -__-

On a side note, I don't know why I follow my school's basketball team. OSU massacre incoming on Saturday. John Shurna is questionable due to a concussion he suffered from yesterday's game when a Minnesota player pushed him head first into the basketball post.

JCX said:
Bad feeling confirmed.

:

as bad as it looks for you guys, I just know you will find a way to sneak into the NCAA tournament, maybe as one of the last 4 in, and you guys will make it AT LEAST to the sweet 16. It's just the Izzo way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom