• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2010-2011 Season OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewLib

Banned
Since when did Gus Johnson do Play by Play for Big Ten Network games? He is doing the pbp for Indiana/Illinois and has made the game 500x more exciting.

NewLib said:
Since when did Gus Johnson do Play by Play for Big Ten Network games? He is doing the pbp for Indiana/Illinois and has made the game 500x more exciting.

Big Ten Network signed him this season, best move they ever made. All their other guys in every other sport are awful.

So I missed the Indiana game, watched the replay this afternoon, and once again Tisdale down teh stretch costs them the game. I just dont get it, I watch them all the time and all I see is Tisdale's awfulness holding this team back. Why is he not riding the bench yet?

jakncoke

Banned
BertramCooper said:
Oh Sparty.

How the fuck could you let Michigan beat you? I know you're in a down year, but Jesus H. Christ.

This is what they get for letting the football program have a little shine

claviertekky said:
Not looking forward to tonight's game on ESPN2.

Still going to tie myself down to a chair to watch it.

I'm looking forward to it. :p

Anything could happen, what was it, 2 years ago NU beat us on the road.

DominoKid

lol NCSU is AWWWWWWWWWWWWWFUL

i'm watching this game w/ my State friend and its not even funny anymore to laugh at him. i feel sorry for him. i truly do

clav

bucknuticus said:
I'm looking forward to it. :p

Anything could happen, what was it, 2 years ago NU beat us on the road.
Not likely man. John Shurna, Northwestern's leading scorer, is sitting this one out, and he averages 19ppg.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
claviertekky said:
Not looking forward to tonight's game on ESPN2.

Still going to tie myself down to a chair to watch it.

Maybe you'll shoot 99% from the field like Illinois did against you.

EDIT: No Shurna? Yeah this will be ugly.......

DominoKid

harrison_barnes-500x694.jpg

Black Motherfucking Falcon!

career high vs State. hopefully this is the turning point for him.

Anyone watching the Cuse game? They just called an intentional foul on Fab melo after they looked at the monitors, problem is Melo didnt even touch the guy.... Pathetic officiating.

SyNapSe

bucknuticus said:
Anyone watching the Cuse game? They just called an intentional foul on Fab melo after they looked at the monitors, problem is Melo didnt even touch the guy.... Pathetic officiating.

I'm not watching it currently, but I'll add this, I'm pretty sure once they go to the monitors, you are fucked. You're getting called for the original PF, etc.. no matter what they see in the review. You can only be hurt by the review via ejection. The review is essentially a chance for them to decide if the call should be more serious but not the other direction.

SyNapSe said:
I'm not watching it currently, but I'll add this, I'm pretty sure once they go to the monitors, you are fucked. You're getting called for the original PF, etc.. no matter what they see in the review. You can only be hurt by the review via ejection. The review is essentially a chance for them to decide if the call should be more serious but not the other direction.

It wasnt called an intentional on the floor, just a regular foul. When they went to the monitors they made it more severe, was a terrible call.

SyNapSe

bucknuticus said:
It wasnt called an intentional on the floor, just a regular foul. When they went to the monitors they made it more severe, was a terrible call.

That's basically what I said.. it can be any type of foul. Once they go to the monitors, that is the least you'll receive. Even if you're player was no where near the foul in the video review. It can only get worse. A weird system without doubt

SyNapSe said:
That's basically what I said.. it can be any type of foul. Once they go to the monitors, that is the least you'll receive. Even if you're player was no where near the foul in the video review. It can only get worse. A weird system without doubt

Yeah, im not arguing about them not calling foul. But to make it a more severe foul AFTER watching the replay where there was no foul makes no sense to me at all.

Seth C

SyNapSe said:

I'm pretty sure they can correct who the foul was called on.

bucknuticus said:
Big Ten Network signed him this season, best move they ever made. All their other guys in every other sport are awful.

This is his third season with the Big Ten Network.

edit- he was the play by play guy for the Knicks previously so his duties with the Big Ten network revolved around that but with them cutting him loose this season he is more full time with the network.

Obviously still does games with CBS as well,.

bigtroyjon said:
This is his third season with the Big Ten Network.

edit- he was the play by play guy for the Knicks previously so his duties with the Big Ten network revolved around that but with them cutting him loose this season he is more full time with the network.

Obviously still does games with CBS as well,.

Ah ok, it's hard to keep all these networks straight, I knew he was more present on the BTN this year at least.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
DominoKid said:
Black Motherfucking Falcon!

career high vs State. hopefully this is the turning point for him.

I ain't tryin' to rain on That Dude's coming out party but you do know Ryan Kelly dropped 20 on NCSU in Raleigh. I'm not sayin....I'm just sayin.

Besides, the wolpfack roll over for UNC every damn year in basketball, save 2007 when they played like theygave a damn. Every other game is over in 10 minutes. State, lulz. Kool Aid man is gone

HeySeuss

Please tell me I wasn't the only one to see that Northwestern fan with the hardhat doing his best attempt at the seizure dance?

Somebody should gif that.

Really impressed with NU's defense so far. But it looks like OSU really isnt interested this game, i'm sure Thad will rip them at half and we'll get it going.

clav

Shick Brithouse said:
Please tell me I wasn't the only one to see that Northwestern fan with the hardhat doing his best attempt at the seizure dance?

Somebody should gif that.
I saw it. :)

bucknuticus said:
Really impressed with NU's defense so far. But it looks like OSU really isnt interested this game, i'm sure Thad will rip them at half and we'll get it going.

Northwestern's defense is non-existent. I'm sure you guys will come out swinging soon.

Just play the size-mismatch game.

claviertekky said:
I saw it. :)

Northwestern's defense is non-existent. I'm sure you guys will come out swinging soon.

Just play the size-mismatch game.

Theyre getting good on ball pressure and forcing lots of double teams in the corners.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Being number one doesn't matter until selection sunday, and even then if you're in the top 4, its all about matchups

BertramCooper said:
Is Diebs sick or something?

He looks lost out there.

No theyre just doing a good job on staying on him. Diebler isnt good with the ball in his hands so he really can only do something if he's open.

Edit: My number 1 concern this season is showing itself in a big way tonight with rebounding. There is no reason NU should be destroying us on the boards, this team is so inconsistent with getting positioning and getting the rebounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom