• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2010-2011 Season OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
They look so uninterested in playing all of today, they came out of the 2nd half wuth some fire for the first 4 minutes. After that though it's back to half hearted play, I dont know what the issue is.

What a terrible shot selection and play setup, took the shot way too early. Mad props to NW though, played good perimeter defense, great positioning and did a good job of moving the ball around on O.

Ok there was your close game bucks, now lets get focused for the brutal rest of the schedule. Cant play like that anymore this season or we get blown out.

jakncoke

Banned
oh ffs this game going make me jump into a bottle

Edit: wow we're playing like complete ass

Edit2: We're about to surpass minutes behind in BE play because no one besides Ashton Gibbs can hit a fucking shot. Ashton is 4-9, the rest is 2-16

Edit3: nice steal by Gibbs. I guess Gibbs will have to win this fucking thing for us

Edit:4 -_-

Edit: 5: ugly game and ugly last shot by Rutgers. a win a win whatever.

#25 Utah St. currently in double overtime vs. Hawaii. I don't give a crap but I just wanted to talk basketball in the wee hours of the morning. God Bless Hawaii time

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I had a feeling we were going o suck a dick in this game. This is St John's biggest game to make a statement and we're playing like we're looking ahead to UMD. We'll lose that game too. Based god needs to heal Kyrie's foot our we're out in the sweet 16 again

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
21 pt lead at the half lulz. This team is so overrated right now. Maybe we can get our shit together like after the Gtown game last year.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
jakncoke said:
Where's that St. Johns fan, he really needs to come in and talk shit
I can do it for him. Our team is filled with a bunch of frauds that would rather be playing Xbox than getting exposed yet again on national tv. I hope they have some Prep H at the airport because they'll need it after the royal ass fucking Steve Lavin is giving them. *in Jim Mora voice* REPEAT?!?!?! REPEAT?!?!?!?!? I just hope we can win a fucking game. Awful. Fraudulent and awful

jakncoke

Banned
kyle-singler-evil.jpg

He's tapping out Red Storm, the ugly bastard is doing it :p

jakncoke

Banned
I know Big East has a ridiculous amount of ranked teams so It's not as impressive but still funny that this is St.John's 8th straight game of playing a ranked team

Z_Y

truly101 said:
I had a feeling we were going o suck a dick in this game. This is St John's biggest game to make a statement and we're playing like we're looking ahead to UMD. We'll lose that game too. Based god needs to heal Kyrie's foot our we're out in the sweet 16 again
Biggest game to make a statement? Do you mean this week? Because I don't even know if that is true. Who does SJU play next?

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Z_Y said:
Biggest game to make a statement? Do you mean this week? Because I don't even know if that is true. Who does SJU play next?

You don't think this is? I'm not debating that SJU plays a lot of harder, apparently much better teams than us, but Lavin's hire was a big deal now they have a nationally televised game against one of the most well known teams in CBB who just won the championship last year? And they're beating the fuck out of them? What game will be bigger for them in terms of national recognition? If they make the BE tourney and win it perhaps.

jakncoke

Banned
Z_Y said:

Rutgers lol

Edit: They also got a UCLA squeezed in after that, odd to put 2 ooc in conference season

Z_Y

truly101 said:
You don't think this is? I'm not debating that SJU plays a lot of harder, apparently much better teams than us, but Lavin's hire was a big deal now they have a nationally televised game against one of the most well known teams in CBB who just won the championship last year? And they're beating the fuck out of them? What game will be bigger for them in terms of national recognition? If they make the BE tourney and win it perhaps.
I'm just saying SJU probably plays a top 10 team every other week. Such is life in the Big East.

I don't think playing on CBS is a huge deal anymore either. Who doesn't have ESPN these days?

They do seem to get up when they play in the Garden though. I'll give you that.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
jakncoke said:

THis game is pretty much the Marshawn Lynch TD run for 40 minutes for me. The kids need to get on the plane and get the fuck out of town. In the meantime they can check to see if they have any balls. jakncoke @ Duke

Jtrizzy

truly101 said:
See kids, this is what happens when you lose your only NBA caliber player. Frauds
So according to this logic last years National Championship was a fraud. Correct me if im wrong but there were no NBA players on last years team. I would agree that it was the easiest road and title game in recent memory though.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Jtrizzy said:
So according to this logic last years National Championship was a fraud. Correct me if im wrong but there were no NBA players on last years team. I would agree that it was the easiest road and title game in recent memory though.
That team won because it got its shit together after the Gtown loss with upper classman leadership. In terms of the easiest tourney, the cakewalk arguement doesn't hold up. Did Duke blow anyone out in the tourney last year? WVU comes closest and they were supposedly more deserving of the number 1 seed than Duke was. Ku had the toughest bracket but also lost to Northern Iowa in the second round, so there goes that argument. Nova was sucking as at the time, but we didn't play them, we played Baylor in Texas, which wasn't easy. Gtown lost to Ohio, UK went cold outside against WVU, Butler took advantage of a 2OT game with K State, and injuries to Syracuse and MSU, who they themselves, needed a last second shot to beat UMD and come controversy to beat Tennessee. Its all about match ups. Duke DID benefit from not playing a team like UK or another with fast guards. They were never mismatched with anyone. I'll concede that point

Kyle and Nolan are will be taken in the NBA draft and may have decent careers, so I should have clarified that not having an NBA caliber pt guard is a source for a lot of the problems here. RIght now the team is playing like frauds, can't be denied. They played like frauds against NC State and G Town last year. It remains to be seen if they can rebound from this.

BTW any of CBB-GAF can attest that I'm a terrible loser and will throw my team under the bus when they lose. Its a coping mechanism. Its better to just ignore me

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Mercifully its over, the final score is no indication of how badly our asses were kicked today. Back to the drawing board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom