• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2010-2011 Season OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Proelite said:
He'll be back at the earliest in March, and won't be in 100% for months.

KI isn't going to help going 3 for 23 beyond the arc, though he gives a more reliable driving option and picks up fouls.

I can't remember a game we've shot that poorly, and played like we were completely outclassed by a team that lost to Fordham. The problem with Duke without KI is they are without a reliable PG again. Scheyer may have been the PG equivalent to a QB thats a game manager, but he was great at it. I think Nolan has done what he can but I think he's better off the ball.

K's going to have to juggle the line-up and playcalling to get something inside. And the D was really really really bad today. Thats gotta be fixed too. How many easly layups did the Johnnies get today?

clav

With Duke's loss today, that makes Northwestern's loss to St. John's reasonable.

No bad losses to unranked teams for Northwestern this season.

Proelite

truly101 said:
KI isn't going to help going 3 for 23 beyond the arc, though he gives a more reliable driving option and picks up fouls.

I can't remember a game we've shot that poorly, and played like we were completely outclassed by a team that lost to Fordham. The problem with Duke without KI is they are without a reliable PG again. Scheyer may have been the PG equivalent to a QB thats a game manager, but he was great at it. I think Nolan has done what he can but I think he's better off the ball.

K's going to have to juggle the line-up and playcalling to get something inside. And the D was really really really bad today. Thats gotta be fixed too. How many easly layups did the Johnnies get today?

I was at today's game in person. Not once did any of the fans feel like we should have taken less 3s. The problem was our defense, 78 pts last year would have meant a 20 point beat down against the opposition, at least at MSG.

This feels like NC State / Georgetown all over again.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Michigan wins today over Iowa. I know there is absolutely nothing special about beating Iowa but it was nice that the freshmen were the ones that broke the game open. Especially Evan Smotrycz who had a very bad game against Sparty.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Proelite said:
I was at today's game in person. Not once did any of the fans feel like we should have taken less 3s. The problem was our defense, 78 pts last year would have meant a 20 point beat down against the opposition, at least at MSG.

This feels like NC State / Georgetown all over again.

Its the one year anniversary of the Gtown Beatdown, so we might not want to schedule anymore BE teams on 01/30. I'm going to disagree with the 3s, not because I think Duke should abandon it completely, we've overcome it before, but we didn't even shoot 10% . That's bad and we need to find something inside the arc as well. Since the 1st UMD game, teams have figured Duke out. Play aggressive on the perimeter and se if they can beat you inside. Right now we can't. I won't throw the Plums under the bus because while they struggle at times to finish easy layups they should make, our O pretty much ignores them entirely. Neither has to be SUllinger, but asking for 10pts a night for Mase and 6-8 for Miles is not unreasonable. If we can get some reliable shots inside the paint.

Definitely agree about the defense and it cost us the game more than the 3s. The press, the way teams beat the overcompensation on the help. It needs to be fixed really bad. I guess just half court M2M. We're not forcing TOs like I thought we would this year. I've had my rant and feel better but I'm really curious to see how they respond to UMD on Wednesday.

Bowser

Get ready for John Henson and the Black Falcon dookies.

johnhenson.jpg

*hopes game is at least competitive this year*

Proelite

Bowser said:
Get ready for John Henson and the Black Falcon dookies.

johnhenson.jpg

*hopes game is at least competitive this year*

Black Falcon will never ever beat a Scheyer lead Duke team.

Btw, Bowser, why the Henson gif? Kid is goofy as hell.

Bowser

Proelite said:
Black Falcon will never ever beat a Scheyer lead Duke team.

Btw, Bowser, why the Henson gif? Kid is goofy as hell.

That's what I love about him. You can tell he really enjoys being a student. He and Barnes are definitely my two favorite players on this team.

we suck. ole miss? seriously? stupid TO's. we were up by 1, with the ball, with 50 seconds left, and had our two juniors pass the ball between them for a SHOT CLOCK VIOLATION. then we let their super senior have a nice pretty open 3.

goddamn 6 players is not enough when you get in foul trouble. ref issues aside, but seriously.

we suck.

we have great freshmen. we have 'potential'. but 6 real contributors? we lost to OLE MISS.

on the road, we suck. i am upset.

Seth C

kkaabboomm said:
we suck. ole miss? seriously? stupid TO's. we were up by 1, with the ball, with 50 seconds left, and had our two juniors pass the ball between them for a SHOT CLOCK VIOLATION. then we let their super senior have a nice pretty open 3.

goddamn 6 players is not enough when you get in foul trouble. ref issues aside, but seriously.

we suck.

we have great freshmen. we have 'potential'. but 6 real contributors? we lost to OLE MISS.

on the road, we suck. i am upset.

This team basically hasn't improved at all over the course of the year.

Seth C

Outdoor Miner said:
John Calipari has never made a Final Four either.

If you insist, I can play along. Last year alone he had as many Elite Eights as all of Tennessee's coaches combined.

Seth C

jjasper said:
So now he has as many as UT's current head coach.

By current do you mean the one actually coaching the team, or the one currently suspended due to NCAA violations?

(You were too slow. ;)

jjasper

Seth C said:
By current do you mean the one actually coaching the team, or the one currently suspended due to NCAA violations?

(You were too slow. ;)

yeah I was cause what I said was actually a lie and I was going to change it but then figured it didn't matter. Suspended of course (for however long he is out coach)

BertramCooper said:
Cal may not be a great coach, but he makes up for it by being an exemplary human being with the utmost integrity.

He's the Lane Kiffen of basketball. Such a humanitarian who would never backstab anybody

jakncoke

Banned
Lamb is fortunate that it went in there

Edit: Looking like Cuse is getting. 2 straight home losses for UCONN if it ends this way

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Time for some Linkin Park, UMD fans. Nice to get out of College park without being pelted by water bottles, batteries, etc.

cAkLN.gif

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Talon- said:
February 2, 2011 11:12 PM Eastern time.

The moment Deal with it died.

Too bad I didn't have it last year with all the whiney NCAA cakewalk BS. It feels good to kill a meme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom