• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2010-2011 Season OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
What in the hell is going on at Carolina? I've always got the impression that Roy Williams is extremely protective of his players and treats them as if they were part of his family. I realize that both Drew and McCants are head cases with crazy parents, but with the Wear kids bailing out as well you have to think something might be wrong.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I would like to take a moment to pop in and say "Fuck Tennessee." That is all.

Has a basketball team ever imploded like UCF has so far this season? Starting off 14-0 to then losing 7 straight to sit at 14-7? Wow.

They lost to ECU! ....ECU! TWICE!

jakncoke

Banned
Ah the right sport.

Pretty pathetic from line tonight. 2nd was bad for Pitt, it's good we built up a big 1st half lead. @ WVU, perhaps you bums can refrain from throwing coins and such at us this time!

jjasper

mre said:
I would like to take a moment to pop in and say "Fuck Tennessee." That is all.

I don't know what's worse losing to Bama, or losing with Scotty Hopson out. It kills my argument that we are better when he is on the bench.

Its because Coach Cal doesnt ever teach fundamentals and they cant win if they arent out "athelete-ing" you. They have no set offense to fall back on aside from pitinos leftover shoot a 3 or go 1 on 4.

Seth C

sooperkool said:
Its because Coach Cal doesnt ever teach fundamentals and they cant win if they arent out "athelete-ing" you. They have no set offense to fall back on aside from pitinos leftover shoot a 3 or go 1 on 4.

Meh. He has an offense, but yes it relies heavily on athleticism. He was left with no basketball players save Patrick Patterson, and his entire first recruiting class left after one season. Sorry, not dropping this one in Cal's lap.

Please explain to me what that offense is besides 'Hey brandon, go do something". I mean wasnt the class that came in top rated? havent... ahem.... coaches done more with less?

jjasper

sooperkool said:
Please explain to me what that offense is besides 'Hey brandon, go do something". I mean wasnt the class that came in top rated? havent... ahem.... coaches done more with less?

Cal has an offense. The only problem is that it is based around having a few athletic guys that can drive, a shooter who can hit when the defense crashes, and big that can get put backs. The only problem is that he never has a shooter.

Seth C said:
We certainly do this season.

Yeah true, but this year there is no big.

Seth C

sooperkool said:

It was. That class included Kanter. We have absolutely nothing in the post. Some coaches have done more with less. Others have done less with more. One completely missed the NCAA Tournament with far more, but no one is saying Roy Williams doesn't coach...

jjasper said:
Cal has an offense. The only problem is that it is based around having a few athletic guys that can drive, a shooter who can hit when the defense crashes, and big that can get put backs. The only problem is that he never has a shooter.

We certainly do this season. We did not last season, but for fuck's sake, I know you guys were watching (and enjoying) the team he'd inherited from the year before. Let's not pretend.

I'll be damnned, here in Carolina there are plenty of us that say he doesn't. He's just a tad bit less sleazy than Cal. But with Cal, you don't ever see a hint of coaching or offense. NO high ball screens, no baseline cuts. No decent zone defense of any kind.

jjasper said:

Yeah true, but this year there is no big.

Add lots of pressure on defense and you have K's whole philosophy. Cal can't pull it of though.

pxleyes said:
Two random digs at Florida and OSU isn't playing us right now, so you tell me. *shrug*

Just curious, really. The attendance this year has been embarrassing.

Im bored and I was watching that game, I was legitimately impressed they sold it out because I knew they didnt when we play there earlier.

pxleyes

Banned
bucknuticus said:
Im bored and I was watching that game, I was legitimately impressed they sold it out because I knew they didnt when we play there earlier.
I should thank you for not watching us Tuesday then. A good 1/3rd empty.

DominoKid

LegendofJoe said:
What in the hell is going on at Carolina? I've always got the impression that Roy Williams is extremely protective of his players and treats them as if they were part of his family. I realize that both Drew and McCants are head cases with crazy parents, but with the Wear kids bailing out as well you have to think something might be wrong.

those 4 are the exceptions

McCants is a wild-card
Drew (and family) were a fucking hassle
Wear twins just couldnt hack it and wouldnt play much in the future.

bachikarn said:
Is our arena actually small? The Duke one has less seats.

PS: Suck it Kentucky ;)

It's the difference in having playmakers. These close games were wins last year, but losses this year. If only we had Kanter.

florida set a new attendance record tonight: 12,633

i was one of them. just got back to tampa from gainesville.

besides being sad, i will say josh didn't commit a reach in there to foul out, and that ref can fuck himself for calling it as such. it didn't cost us the game, we cost us the game, and we had an open look at the end, but damn.

so close. once again. i will also say wall wouldve made that 3, and if he missed, cousins wouldve tipped it in at the buzzer. they had a will to win, so to speak, that seems to be missing in these close road games for this team. well, that, and depth. last year we had more than 6 players.

damn that sucked. i am sad, again. first time cal has lost back-to-back at UK, too.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
So you know a team is awful when you completely phone in the second half and still win by 20+. Goodbye Kool-Aid man, we hardly new ye.

In regards to the whole Drew thing, I think its pretty apparent that he ditched the team now to hurt the program. I don't have the highest opinion of Huckleberry, but you still have your teammates to consider. Its a dick move, hard to see it any other way.

Bowser

DominoKid said:
Kendall Marshall all over my face!

9 pts, 16 asts, 2 TOs

17 assists now. They just said on the radio that it is the most ever by any Tar Heel in an ACC game.

edit: nvm, CBS was off, it's 16.

jakncoke

Banned
:/

Ashton Gibbs out at least 10-14 days with bum knee. got road games against WVU/Nova over that span. Goddammit

Edit: This game is going just as bad as I envisioned it would :/

Edit2: Shitty ending to the first half. but eh we're only down by 2

Edit3: Nice we're going to come away with a win on the road without Ashton Gibbs

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
The Michigan/Northwestern game is a must win for both teams. The winner moves to 5-7 in conference with a decent shot of getting back to .500. The loser moves to 4-8 and is all but eliminated from post-season consideration.

claviertekky are you ready?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom