• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2010-2011 Season OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus Christ.

I don't care if we were Number 1. Winning a regular season college basketball game is never that big of a deal. Calm the fuck down, Bucky.

eznark said:
*high five*
Again, we'll see how Wisconsin does when it really matters.

eznark

Banned
BertramCooper said:
Jesus Christ.

I don't care if we were Number 1. Winning a regular season college basketball game is never that big of a deal. Calm the fuck down, Bucky.

If they are going to let you storm, you storm

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I wouldn't even sweat it Buckeye fans, nobody wins at the Kohl center. Too bad for Wiscy all of their games aren't played there

Talon

TheOrangeKid007 said:
Do either of these teams even pretend to run an offense or do they just chuck up shots? Wisconsin looks like they pass the ball around the outside then just throw up a 3 when someone is remotely open. Then OSU just runs it into the lane and sees what happens
BIG TEN BASKETBALL

Mrbob

Feels good to knock Ohio State from the top spot again! If the Badgers can do anything is the tourney Taylor is going to have to be in beast mode the entire time. He is the only player who can create his own shot on the team.

BertramCooper said:

I'm sure they'll do what they usually do, be an overrated flameout in the tourney.
But for today I'm glad they at least served some purpose and knocked off OSU.

Mrbob

HighAmperage said:
I'm sure they'll do what they usually do, be an overrated flameout in the tourney.
But for today I'm glad they at least served some purpose and knocked off OSU.

Flame out in the tourney? More often than not the Badgers make at least the second round under Bo and have a couple sweet 16s and an elite 8 appearance.

It is tough to win with white basketball!

ggnoobIGN

Banned
Yeah, doesn't really apply to Wisconsin. Under Bo Ryan:

2002- Played to their seed
2003- Played 1 game above their seed
2004- Played to their seed
2005- Played 2 games beyond their seed
2006- Played to their seed
2007- 2 games below their seed
2008- Played 1 game above their seed
2009- Played 1 game above their seed
2010- 1 game below their seed.

GMAFB

Wisconsin has been pure shit this whole decade in the tournament outside of a couple of years. 3 of the last 4 years they have lost to a lower seed, so I don't know how one could state they "played to their seed" any of those years.

10 straight years of tournament appearances and he's made it to the 2nd weekend 3 times.

There are a lot of myths in college bb, Bo Ryan teams underperforming and fucking your bracket in March ain't one of them.

I didn't think OSU would get out of Madison with a W. No one gets home cooking like Wiscy does, not even Duke.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Michigan almost blew a 22 point lead with 5 minutes to go. And we weren't even going up against Deron Williams and Luther Head. A very pathetic way to end a game. I'll still take the win though. Bring on the Illini!

Overlee

UCLA is the most frustrating team. Nearly beating Kansas then losing to Wyoming, then beating BYU then losing to USC then beating St. Johns then barely beating Oregon St.

At least we'll be back in the tourney this year.

jjasper

bachikarn said:
I have no idea how we won, but I'll take it.

Walker is so sick. You just have to root for him since he is only 5'6"
You won be because we can't shoot free throws, get back on defense, and then when we were on offense with the game on the line our lame duck coach didn't call time out and instead let our offensely inept PG run around, like a moron, and shoot a three when we are only down one instead of calling a time out and settIng a play for our best player who is criminally underused because instead of running out offense through him we run it through a kid that rocks a hair cut right out of kid and play.

george_us

BertramCooper said:
The OSU/Wisconsin rematch in C-Bus is going to be epic.

The players and fans are going to be so pissed off. It will be crazy.
The rematch is going to be a 20-point ass beating unless Wisconsin can shoot like that AND shots don't go half way down and out for OSU. After hearing Wisconsin fans supposedly spat on Sullinger, I hope we blow them the fuck out by 40 on March 6th.

vas_a_morir said:
I was fearful it was my alma mater whom your team defeated. Thankfully, we were victorious against hated ECU.
Marshall fan, right? You were UCF's first conference win this season - before the skid. The season finale is in Huntington...

But every day ECU loses is a good day!

vas_a_morir said:
I may be in attendance... if my student ID will still work haha
Haha, I'm sure it will be crazy in that arena. Hopefully UCF can get some more wins before that so things are a little more interesting. But either way, the game sells itself.

Big game today. I'm convinced we are solidly in the tournament after the win @ Minnesota, but lets win today to put the rest of the Illini fanbase at ease. I want to steer the discussion away from bubbles and more towards seeding with my fellow ILL fans. :D

Penn State and Wisconsin fans are cut from the same cloth. Penn State is worse, but Wisconsin sure is making a run for them this year.

I'm cool with the hate, though. It just reminds me that we're still the undisputed conference leader in both football and basketball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom