• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2010-2011 Season OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrbob

BertramCooper said:
Penn State and Wisconsin fans are cut from the same cloth. Penn State is worse, but Wisconsin sure is making a run for them this year.

I'm cool with the hate, though. It just reminds me that we're still the undisputed conference leader in both football and basketball.

Wisconsin added to history yesterday be being one of 2 teams in NCAA history to knock off the one seed in both football and basketball in the same academic year! :D The last time it happened was when Florida knocked out...wait for it...Ohio State! Ohio State did play their part yesterday by choking the game away in the second half. This made the victory extra sweet! Thad Matta has to be wondering what he has to do to win in the Kohl Center!

I have the Badgers at 4-2 down the stretch. I think they'll lose their next game at Purdue and then at Ohio State. I'll take a 13-5 Big Ten record for the season.

Bowser

Wisconsin's "Overrated" chant was quite possibly the stupidest overrated chant of all time...oh yeah, a 24-0 team that had your team down 15 with 11 min to go is the definition of "overrated." smh.

Bowser said:
Wisconsin's "Overrated" chant was quite possibly the stupidest overrated chant of all time...oh yeah, a 24-0 team that had your team down 15 with 11 min to go is the definition of "overrated." smh.
And as others have stated, they were actually demeaning their own victory by doing so.

Fatalah

That was a close one!

REDmen_avatar.gif

Is St. John's gonna be in the top 25 poll this week? Good things come with every win!

Outdoor Miner said:
Big game today. I'm convinced we are solidly in the tournament after the win @ Minnesota, but lets win today to put the rest of the Illini fanbase at ease. I want to steer the discussion away from bubbles and more towards seeding with my fellow ILL fans. :D

You lose. I still have you projected at 9-9 in the conference(losing all the road games). That will get you in...as long as you don't choke against an upcoming Michigan squad, Indiana...again, or feisty Iowa. Michigan being the game to worry about the most.

MIMIC

Banned
george_us said:
The rematch is going to be a 20-point ass beating unless Wisconsin can shoot like that AND shots don't go half way down and out for OSU. After hearing Wisconsin fans supposedly spat on Sullinger, I hope we blow them the fuck out by 50 on March 6th.

Fixed

BertramCooper said:
And as others have stated, they were actually demeaning their own victory by doing so.

I can actually understand wiscy fans storming the court. A regular season win in college basketball means next to nothing unless you're a bubble team BUT they did beat the last remaining undefeated team in D1 basketball which is an accomplishment that not many teams get the chance to achieve. That said, although it was a good win, it does not warrent chants of "overrated". It's late in the season and there's a reason Ohio State finally lost a game while Wisconsin has lost 5 or 6 and a few of those losses were to teams Ohio State creamed. So yeah the overrated chants were very foolish.

Amory

Absolutely praying that UConn's annual slide ends today against Providence at home.

We have to grab at least a 3 seed in the tournament or they're gonna have a really rough go.

claviertekky said:
Among the fans, the season is over. We're discussing coach replacements.

You have a favorable schedule left. 8-10 seems likely. 9-9 is definitely possible. That plus a run in the BT tournament, probably the championship game, could land you a spot in the NCAAs.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
claviertekky said:
Among the fans, the season is over. We're discussing coach replacements.

You guys have a very favorable schedule down the stretch. I can see you going 5-1 in those games.

I think it would be silly to get rid of him this year. You return everyone but Thompson and there is going to be a lot of talent leaving the conference after this season.

What you really need to do is step up your non-conference schedule. This year your non-con schedule would make an SEC football fan point and giggle. You only played one team from a power conference outside the Big Ten/ACC challenge and that was St Johns a team that was supposed to finish near the basement on the Big East.

Well that was utter shit. After the Minny game and in the 1st half today I really thought this team finally figured it out. Guess not. The disappearance act of McCamey this 2nd half of the season has been disheartening. He might be playing himself out of the draft at this point.

clav

ErasureAcer said:
You have a favorable schedule left. 8-10 seems likely. 9-9 is definitely possible. That plus a run in the BT tournament, probably the championship game, could land you a spot in the NCAAs.
Brian Fellows said:
You guys have a very favorable schedule down the stretch. I can see you going 5-1 in those games.

I think it would be silly to get rid of him this year. You return everyone but Thompson and there is going to be a lot of talent leaving the conference after this season.

What you really need to do is step up your non-conference schedule. This year your non-con schedule would make an SEC football fan point and giggle. You only played one team from a power conference outside the Big Ten/ACC challenge and that was St Johns a team that was supposed to finish near the basement on the Big East.

Yeah the off-conference schedule has been shit. What's interesting to note is Northwestern for once is actually beating opponents with lower RPI ratings for once and getting beaten by ones who are better. In the past, there were always doubts if the games were winnable.

Sigh. It's so sad to think about a DIV-I school that's never even been to the NCAA tourny.

claviertekky said:
Sigh. It's so sad to think about a DIV-I school that's never even been to the NCAA tourny.

And you're losing by 25 right now to Penn State. Looks like you need to win the BT tourney. Good luck.

dabig2

ErasureAcer said:
You lose. I still have you projected at 9-9 in the conference(losing all the road games). That will get you in...as long as you don't choke against an upcoming Michigan squad, Indiana...again, or feisty Iowa. Michigan being the game to worry about the most.

Illinois is fucking done. Don't even want them to snatch some bubble opportunity. Just need to pack Weber's bags and find a new coach to reset the basketball program.

Time for Weber to stop living off the glory of another man's talented players and gtfo.

AP top 5

1. Kansas
2. Ohio State
3. Texas
4. Pitt
5. Duke

I'm glad Texas didn't move up in the rankings. Being #1 was bad news for us last year and I hope we never get there before selection sunday. As long as we get a #1 seed in the tournament, I'm happy.

Still not sure how being destroyed at home is better than losing on the road by 4. Oh well rankings don't matter in bball and it looks like we still have the inside track to the # 1 overall seed.

jakncoke

Banned
I guess. I think it'd take a slew of things to happen though. A 1 seed that should not have been a 1 , a 16 seed that should of been higher and a good matchup personal wise and ever then the odds aren't too good imo

BertramCooper said:
I'm amused by all of the Wisconsin folks claiming that Sullinger is lying. Because he totally has a reputation for being dishonest.

And Wisconsin is always super classy.

Right?

Yeah I dont get it, what does he gain from lying? Nothing. He has no reason to lie about it, plus its not in Sully's personality to be a big attention whore. If he was going to lie about it why not say something during the press conference to to a newspaper. I honestly dont know how he restrained himself, I think getting spit(spat?) in the face is the most disrespectful thing you can do to someone.

SyNapSe

what the fuck is going on? the line was really slim earlier and I almost bet. KSU is pretty tough on the road and I was hesitant. Back to Back really tough calls against KU. KSU is also playing well, of course, or it wouldn't matter.

SyNapSe

We've had a few tough, touch calls including that intentional but that happens in a tough road environment, I guess. It's just more difficult to deal with when Robinson is out and we have no bench bigs. That said, major ups to Pullen. 22 first half points already.

Granted he's had a bunch of fre throw shots because we've been deep in the foul penalties but he's drilled some tough shots. I wonder why he couldn't show up most of this season. We've given guys far more open 3 shots than what he's seen so far.

Kansas sucks.

They have beaten 2 ranked teams all year. One is Mizzou who are somehow miraculously still ranked (#20), and a severely overrated-now unranked Memphis squad. How can we almost be in March and you have faced 3 ranked teams all year? Here I thought OSU's schedule was soft.

sruckus

bucknuticus said:
Yeah I dont get it, what does he gain from lying? Nothing. He has no reason to lie about it, plus its not in Sully's personality to be a big attention whore. If he was going to lie about it why not say something during the press conference to to a newspaper. I honestly dont know how he restrained himself, I think getting spit(spat?) in the face is the most disrespectful thing you can do to someone.

I was surprised about that too. It did end up getting a mention on Sportscenter, but he hasn't been commenting about it.

Also, are all Wisconsin fans this uninformed and just plain...stupid? http://twitter.com/#!/tgo1323

Jimrpg

hi im kinda new to college ball - question - how do they work out each team's schedule and who they play? just looked at yahoo standings - each team has a column for conference and all. - so do they play teams in their conference and in their area?

oh and i love nba 2k11 - what are the chances we'll get a college game made by the same developer...

xcrunner529 said:
I was surprised about that too. It did end up getting a mention on Sportscenter, but he hasn't been commenting about it.

Also, are all Wisconsin fans this uninformed and just plain...stupid? http://twitter.com/#!/tgo1323
They're just oblivious to their own douchebaggery.

As an Ohio State fan, I will be the first to acknowledge that we have some crazy ass fans. But with Wisconsin, they do shit like this and then act like they're super classy.

arbok26 said:
hi im kinda new to college ball - question - how do they work out each team's schedule and who they play? just looked at yahoo standings - each team has a column for conference and all. - so do they play teams in their conference and in their area?

oh and i love nba 2k11 - what are the chances we'll get a college game made by the same developer...

You play all the teams in your conference at least once, most you play twice, depending on conference size. Then the rest are just contracts to schedule other teams for out of conference.

As for 2k, they used to make a NCAA game, but they stopped, in I believe 2008. That game was so great, oh how I miss the college bball games. :(

scoobs

Outdoor Miner said:
Kansas sucks.

They have beaten 2 ranked teams all year. One is Mizzou who are somehow miraculously still ranked (#20), and a severely overrated-now unranked Memphis squad. How can we almost be in March and you have faced 3 ranked teams all year? Here I thought OSU's schedule was soft.
Any conference road game is tough. Its not all about rankings, rankings are meaningless... just look at KU losing by 20 on the road. But lets be fair here, that wasn't KU basketball.

devilhawk

Outdoor Miner said:
Kansas sucks.

They also beat Arizona.

Edit: All of KU's national titles come in years they lose to KSU. I can live with this.

cashman

Banned
bucknuticus said:
As for 2k, they used to make a NCAA game, but they stopped, in I believe 2008. That game was so great, oh how I miss the college bball games. :(
Why'd they stop? Licensing rights?

bucknuticus said:

Me too. Can't believe not a single company bothers making one. I still play College Hoops 2k7 for my college hoops fix, how sad is that? I don't think there is another major sport in the world that has such a lack of vg support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom