• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2010-2011 Season OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakncoke

Banned
Outdoor Miner said:
That is last years release. EA has since shelved development of their college bball franchise.

No one is making college bball games anymore. :/

wow. i dont follow sales of the games, but surely there has to be a decent market for such a game

Seth C

PotatoeMasher said:
On behalf of all UK fans, I'd like to apologize for anyone having to watch the end of this game.

who is apologizing on behalf of ESPN for that new camera angle they attempted?

Seth C said:
who is apologizing on behalf of ESPN for that new camera angle they attempted?
glad it was attempted on a game I had no intentions of watching, but what i saw of it...completely failed experiment

Seth C

BertramCooper said:
What was the angle?

I missed most of the UK game.

They mounted a camera to the bottom of the hanging speaker system at Rupp, above center court. Then they tried using it as their primary camera for the game, which meant the thing was rotating, tilting, and panning all over the place to track the ball, and any sense of depth perception was completely lost. You couldn't tell if a player jumped.

This picture actually makes it look better than it did most times:
espnskycam.jpg

HeySeuss

I see the refs are whistle happy tonight. And Craft with his usual double dribble/carry turnover already.

Spartys playing pretty good though.

bucknuticus said:
What was your major?
Strategic communication with an English minor.

I also took a ton of classes out on ag campus too, though I wasn't an ag major. I grew up on a dairy farm, so it's always been an interest of mine. And I work in agriculture now, so it worked out rather nicely.

sruckus

Seth C said:
This picture actually makes it look better than it did most times:
espnskycam.jpg

Haha we used to (maybe it's back up) have that at Ohio State and would use it to show the tip offs on the video board.

I have a love/hate relationship with the Schott.

As a facility, it's fantastic.

As a college basketball venue, it's cold and impersonal.

Obviously, St. John wasn't nearly big enough, but I still miss the place. It was a great place to watch college basketball.

HeySeuss

I agree the Schott is beautiful but its not well made to amplify crowd noise.

And if my math is right Diebler is only one three pointer away from tying the big ten record for career three pointers.

home from Rupp.

still hoping Eloy puts it together.

down 11 to up 13 = yay!

up 13 with 3:49 left to up 4 with :49 left = boo!

still, managed to get the W. at home. 30 in a row at Rupp. next up: south carolina, at Rupp, saturday.

go cats!

Shick Brithouse said:
I agree the Schott is beautiful but its not well made to amplify crowd noise.

And if my math is right Diebler is only one three pointer away from tying the big ten record for career three pointers.
I've heard that the game environment has improved a lot since they started putting students closer to the court.

But it's still too large. It's really no different than an NBA arena.

HeySeuss

BertramCooper said:
I've heard that the game environment has improved a lot since they started putting students closer to the court.

Yeah I haven't been to a game yet this year, but hopefully I will be able to go to the Indiana game. It does sound louder on tv, but I'm not sure that's a good indicator.

BertramCooper said:

It's tons better now but still far to corporate. The big issues is they put in all those cloth seats and it sucks up all the noise.

sruckus

I've been told Nationwide Arena has a much better atmosphere and that OSU maybe should have consulted the people involved with its design when planning the Schott?

xcrunner529 said:
I've been told Nationwide Arena has a much better atmosphere and that OSU maybe should have consulted the people involved with its design when planning the Schott?
Nation wide arena is a great venue. Voted the best arena in all of sports by espn, but it is still super corporate. Look at the beat atmospheres in college bball. All are old arenas that don't really have great accommodations. OSU needed a new one and this is what we got, not much really you can do.

xcrunner529 said:
Nationwide Arena is marvelous. It's as close to perfect as you'll get in a hockey/basketball arena.

Oddly enough, the university is actually in charge of managing Nationwide Arena. They took over for SMG last year.

reKon

Banned
refs about to give ohio state this game, jesus they are fucking things up. One play the ball defectively off two ohio state players and it STILL went their way...

HeySeuss

bucknuticus said:
Great play by craft. Great hustle.
The dude is good. Once he grows out of the mental mistakes he will be extremely good and he's most likely a 4 year player.

Edit: His hustle and how he plays reminds me a lot of Chris Jent. Although, he is much better than Jent was.

Kudos to Matta for getting the team turned around during halftime.

We looked hopeless in the first half, but we've looked pretty awesome in the second. The defense did a complete 180.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom